HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade(s)?

Old
09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Sorry, I just don't see a problem. There is no roster limit in the AHL so the Wolfpack and carry 22-24 players and there is a limit on the number of "experienced professionals" (either 4 or 5) who can dress for any given game. Some of the players you mention haven't really proven worthy of playing in the AHL (Kozak) and others have not impressed to this point (Busto, who lost out on coming to the Ranger training camp because of his "performance" at the rookie turnament and Bouret--who the Rangers sent down early because of conditioning issues, this according to Larry Brooks).
Eh... I hear what you're saying Brooklyn, but I don't buy it. If we had 7 Ken Gernander/Peter Ferraros, I would understand your point. But we're talking about kids who need to play against good competition to keep developing. Even if you take Kozak out (and I KNEW I shouldn't have included him - but I did because I'd like to see what he can do with a regular shift against good competition), you've still got 3 forward prospects sitting out every night. Practice don't cut it - there's a world of difference between practice and playing in a competitive game.

Just 'cause you CAN keep 22-24 on the roster doesn't mean you should. The point of our minor league system is to develop our minor league guys into pros - and you have to play consistently (not every third game) for that to happen.

Anyhoo... we obviously have different opinions. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote