Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson

Old
09-27-2007, 04:39 PM
KRM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
There seem to be a lot of talanted youngsters in the SEL right now. So when will Frölunda who should have the best ones start to play theirs?
Pettersson and Ahnelöv are both 87 born and are regular on the roster. Larsen (born late 89) has been dressed for both games but no ice time yet. Eller is injured, will most likely play some games in the SEL when healthy. Andersson, Gunnelid, Hellgren are playing in Allsvenskan with Borås and Hjalmarsson has started the season with the J20 team.

They lost Bödker to the CHL which is a shame since he would've been a real treat to watch in Elitserien.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 05:14 PM
johnny_rudeboy

How about Anton Gustavsson? Is he taking the right steps?

johnny_rudeboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Teus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garl View Post
Sad about Paajarvi. How did it happened?
Check this clip out at 1:22 (hopefully it works): mms://213.132.98.21/Hockeyligan/Elit...40044_1500.wmv

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

Nothing was broken according to his brother.

dr-nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 04:26 AM
Seiza

Send a message via ICQ to Seiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-nix View Post
Nothing was broken according to his brother.
Good to hear. Hopefully he will be back soon..

Seiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Jokerit Wasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Quoting Aftonbladet...

"Spelaren får max vara 183 dagar i Sverige. Spelaren får en nettolön som han inte behöver skatta för. Klubbens kostnad är spelarens nettolön plus artistskatt på 15 procent."

The player can only spend 183 days in Sweden and gets a tax-free salary. The club pays the player's salary plus an artist fee at 15 per cent.
Thanks for that So guys like Majesky and Hrdina are getting tax free salaries, but then for example Stana, Hakanson and Staal (all in LHC) are paying taxes?

Jokerit Wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 07:43 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerit Wasp View Post
Thanks for that So guys like Majesky and Hrdina are getting tax free salaries, but then for example Stana, Hakanson and Staal (all in LHC) are paying taxes?
Hrdina isn't on an artist deal though, his late arrival is because that if he'd come earlier, HV would have been charged up for some reason. Same thing with Justin Morrison of Frölunda, whose contract starts in mid-October due to Frölunda wanting to be nice to Modo.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Riddarn
1980-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Hrdina isn't on an artist deal though, his late arrival is because that if he'd come earlier, HV would have been charged up for some reason. Same thing with Justin Morrison of Frölunda, whose contract starts in mid-October due to Frölunda wanting to be nice to Modo.
I believe they have to wait because they were on an artist deal last year. You have to wait 183 days or more until you can bring them back to sweden, or else you got to pay back regular taxes on their old artist contracts.

The artist tax system is ridiculous regardless.

Last edited by Riddarn: 09-28-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Riddarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2007, 01:18 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Great to hear that at least according to his brother, nothing is broken. It'd been a shame if something very serious had occurred from a freak play like that. Here's hoping he's back at 100% and playing again really soon, if he's not 100% already.

CertifiedPublicGuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Ribban

This is ridiculous to say the least, and actually I'm not talking about this incident in specific though it demonstrates the problem.

We live in the 21st freakin' century, and we have evolved in every aspect of society, including hockey, better gear, better equipment, rules up the wazoo to protect officials and players, and so on... but the rink, the venue itself, is sorely missing in upgrades, and/or established standards to save players from injuries that aren't necessary.

Surely the locking mechanisms on the doors have improved to make sure that INJURIES LIKE THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, and those locks aren't expensive to install and therefore should be made a standard in a league like the SEL.

The question is, why have doors to the benches in the boards at all? Really? Don't tell me that if the door disappeard nobody could play hockey anymore? I have no problem with the doors to the sinbins, as there is an arena offical responsible for opening and closing the door. There is accountability options there, but what are you going to do when a star player go down becasue someone on the opposite team was day dreaming? Suspend the back-up keeper? Fine the team? None of those options would bring back the injured player any sooner.

Good thing this wasn't more serious than it was. It sure would have been a bummer and tons of BS in the press if he had gone face first into those boards, but I guess there is no need to address an issue until someone really gets hurt badly.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Teus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
This is ridiculous to say the least, and actually I'm not talking about this incident in specific though it demonstrates the problem.

We live in the 21st freakin' century, and we have evolved in every aspect of society, including hockey, better gear, better equipment, rules up the wazoo to protect officials and players, and so on... but the rink, the venue itself, is sorely missing in upgrades, and/or established standards to save players from injuries that aren't necessary.

Surely the locking mechanisms on the doors have improved to make sure that INJURIES LIKE THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, and those locks aren't expensive to install and therefore should be made a standard in a league like the SEL.

The question is, why have doors to the benches in the boards at all? Really? Don't tell me that if the door disappeard nobody could play hockey anymore? I have no problem with the doors to the sinbins, as there is an arena offical responsible for opening and closing the door. There is accountability options there, but what are you going to do when a star player go down becasue someone on the opposite team was day dreaming? Suspend the back-up keeper? Fine the team? None of those options would bring back the injured player any sooner.

Good thing this wasn't more serious than it was. It sure would have been a bummer and tons of BS in the press if he had gone face first into those boards, but I guess there is no need to address an issue until someone really gets hurt badly.
Can't help thinking about Magnus Arvidson, when he got a punctured stomach because of an open bench door.

Teus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 08:26 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

It's true that the doors can become a dangerous situation and can probably be avoided, but from the video, it looked more like a player was just getting off the ice, rather than a case of someone who didn't close the door when they left the ice, or were daydreaming and forgot to make sure it was closed. It hasn't happened frequently enough to consider something being done about it.

Old
10-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Kronblom

Färjestad played at Timrå yesterday and they also experienced some problem with the same visitors door, they really should take a look at that before someone else gets injured.

Kronblom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 04:16 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronblom View Post
Färjestad played at Timrå yesterday and they also experienced some problem with the same visitors door, they really should take a look at that before someone else gets injured.
That's definitely note-worthy... if it isn't addressed now, I question who's in charge of the maintenance of the arena.

Old
10-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashJeffHockey19 View Post
who's in charge of the maintenance of the arena.
Evidently, it's Sven Refsnes. (sven.refsnes@timraik.nu) Let's e-mail his ass.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Neblod Zin

So, what's the status of Pääjärvi? Does anybody know if he'll play anytime soon?

Neblod Zin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 10:37 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neblod Zin View Post
So, what's the status of Pääjärvi? Does anybody know if he'll play anytime soon?
To reiterate, does anyone have any updates on Paajarvi's condition?

Old
10-14-2007, 02:29 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
To reiterate, does anyone have any updates on Paajarvi's condition?
He played two games yesterday, I think.
First in the SEL, then J18 or J20.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 06:55 AM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

Err both Anton Lander and Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson is playing games with the first team. Yes i've seen that they've also played with J20 but they have been in the 4th line the last few games.

Old
12-16-2007, 11:50 PM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Just bumpin' this guy to see if anyone can provide the latest on Paajarvi.

Old
12-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Tomas W

Quote:
Just bumpin' this guy to see if anyone can provide the latest on Paajarvi.
Don't follow him much, but I think he has been on the senior team Timrå IK quite a lot, and also he's on the Swedish squad at the WJC.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 03:59 AM
CertifiedPublicGuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Don't follow him much, but I think he has been on the senior team Timrå IK quite a lot, and also he's on the Swedish squad at the WJC.
Yep, just found that out, soon after posting the other day. I'll be watching him closely, and daydreaming about the slim-to-none chances that my Penguins could land him in the draft (Crosby's back is beginning to hurt from carrying these third-liners all season long). It'd be great to have a player like that playing with Sid for a long time. Of course there's a ways to go before he's even drafted, let alone in the NHL, but I love the kid's potential; I hope to God that he can stay healthy and continue to progress because he'll be quite a player.

Old
12-18-2007, 07:03 AM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

He's mainly been an extraplayer in the senior team, but contracts on some of the heavy players are running out and TIK may not keep all of them (there sure are players who are getting payed way more than they are worth if you consider the amount of points they are producing).

TIK wants to sign contracts with both Paajarvi and Lander, i'm pretty sure he will get more playtime next season (if not in Timrå IK in Sundsvall Hockey in the division below Elitserien).

Paajarvi has enormous potential and can go far but i've been saying and i still stand by this, whomever lands the Anton Lander draft will be extremly happy. Anton Lander doesn't strike me as flashy as Paajarvi but like Henrik Zetterberg he has enormous potential and will steadily become better, atleast thats how i read the kid.

Old
01-24-2008, 01:31 AM
JFA87-66-99

Magnus Svennson Paarjarvi. Is he a franchise forward. Does he compare to Forsberg when he was 16 years old. I read somewhere that he was a prodigy not seen in Sweden since Forsberg.

JFA87-66-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2008, 06:14 AM
dr-nix
Beware of the Bunny!

JFA87-66-99: If i remember this correctly Svensson-Pääjärvi is better than Forsberg/Sundin and so on at the same age (acording to some "expert" that actually does work with hockey for a living, i forget which one it was though)

How ever you see it he's up there, if this kid is this good at 16 in a country where players usually doesn't bloom until their early 20s you can just imagine how good he can become.

If he keeps developing he will become a franchise forward no doubt, but please remember that he is still young and rarely does everything work out as planed. He does have that potential though.