HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Best heavyweight enforcer / skilled player ?

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2004, 03:24 AM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
im not going to make an arguement for jesse boulerice being the best heavy weight with skill, but he has really suprised me. his hands arent bad - and he takes guys on one on one all the time with the puck. he aint the best fighter - but he goes with anyone and does his best. hes one of the more talented fighters in the league - if you ever actually watch the canes play, check him out.

Old
03-17-2004, 03:26 AM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Habs Go
I always thought Domi was a pretty decent player. He's the perfect 4th liner.
At 2 million per year? haha i think not.

Old
03-17-2004, 03:40 AM
Superfluous U

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
How is it curious?
WEll, he's getting top 6 minutes, playing with some pretty good players, and yet he only has 12 points. Why do they give a guy who obviously isn't producing that much ice when they have so many good players. Especially since you seem to consider it a knock on Brashear that people think Laraque is better. He's got 16 points after tonight, playing with lesser talent. Given this, it sure appears Laraque is a better player, so why would you be offended if someone definately would take Laraque over Brashear? Two things I found curious. One with the Flyers, and one with you.

Old
03-17-2004, 03:48 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedabiblio
Laraque plays on the 4th line and averages about 7-8 mins a game.
b/c he can't remain consistent enough to play his way onto the top two lines. there have been plenty of oiler games where i've seen georges dominate and then get moved up to a top line, but begins to falter with more ice time...

similar to domi actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy
Bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
The way Stevenson is playing right now, Stevenson. He's playing the best hockey I've ever seen from him. He's busted straight through players, made fine drives, and has passing skills that I didn't think were possible.
this i agree with, along with simon, stevenson has matured into a very nice package for a third/fourth line player. he knows how to use his body properly now in jersey

i believe neil is getting there, while worrell *could get there* if he got his **** together, same with parker IMO, parker was dynamite back with the kelowna rockets, the skill is there.

tucker

Old
03-17-2004, 04:00 AM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous U
WEll, he's getting top 6 minutes, playing with some pretty good players, and yet he only has 12 points. Why do they give a guy who obviously isn't producing that much ice when they have so many good players. Especially since you seem to consider it a knock on Brashear that people think Laraque is better. He's got 16 points after tonight, playing with lesser talent. Given this, it sure appears Laraque is a better player, so why would you be offended if someone definately would take Laraque over Brashear? Two things I found curious. One with the Flyers, and one with you.
I said even strength time. You do realize that it's only 10-12 minutes per game? He doesn't get any PP or PK IT.

Also, as good as the Flyers are, the Oilers bottom 6 have more offensive skill than the Flyers bottom 6. Well, at least until Primeau and Roenick get back that is.

Where did I say I was offended? I just wanted him to further explain what he was saying.

Old
03-17-2004, 06:10 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Quote:
How is it curious?

lol, it's getting rave reviews, I'm not sure why though.
I could sit and watch it over and over... well... maybe 3 or 4 times. It is pretty funny though. Anyone who thinks Domi can crack the top ten in this category is a leafs fan, Domi's lover, his mother, or deluded. Anyone have the stats on what percentage of his penalty minutes are from fighting, and percentage of those fights where punches were thrown? I'd love to know for sure.

Old
03-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Proby24

I'd go with Neil as well... has shown that he can chip in close to ten goals a year on a consistent basis. Decent and willing fighter, young and improving both with the gloves on and off. He's the next Darren McCarty (but with balls) and at a reasonable salary cost for the 3rd/4th line. Would love him on the Hawks...

Old
03-17-2004, 08:30 AM
oil slick

Quote:
Is that a knock on Brashear? b/c Brashear is on a regular line, and gets as much even strength time as some of the Flyers top 6 forwards.
Because the way I see it, Laraque can dominate play at times much more that I've ever seen Brashear do so, and what's more Laraque does it in big games (he was our best player in last years playoffs, and has been one of our best currently). Laraque has his problems... he didn't show up for the first half of the season, but when he's on his game, he is very good.

Look, what can I say... I'm sorry, but I think Laraque is better, I really don't mind Brashear (except when he ducked Laraque a few years ago), but Laraque is playing great right now.

Old
03-17-2004, 08:44 AM
TMLFan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbi
wade belak!! hahah

*skates to center*
*dumps the puck in*
*gets off*

or

*throws the puck up*
*uh oh, its going to icing*
*drop gloves*

He's only good for fighting and running into people...

Edit: !!!! !!!! Stupid avatar... I just realised the one getting beaten up is in Blue and White... hahah now I must go find myself a new one... :p

Old
03-17-2004, 12:12 PM
No Quarter

I'd say either Laraque or Domi.

Laraque reminds me somewhat of Probert, the leagues best fighter and he still can chip a few in the net.
Domi is an aging toughguy that can still go with the best of them and also can play a little hockey.

Simon is crap.

Old
03-17-2004, 12:49 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick
Because the way I see it, Laraque can dominate play at times much more that I've ever seen Brashear do so, and what's more Laraque does it in big games (he was our best player in last years playoffs, and has been one of our best currently). Laraque has his problems... he didn't show up for the first half of the season, but when he's on his game, he is very good.

Look, what can I say... I'm sorry, but I think Laraque is better, I really don't mind Brashear (except when he ducked Laraque a few years ago), but Laraque is playing great right now.
Fair enough, you really can't go wrong either way. I just think the difference, if there is one at all, isn't as big as you seemed to make it sound in your first post.

Closed Thread