HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Blues have to make it!

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 02:33 AM
quat

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Blues have to make it!

Come on! This team is too good to be missing the playoffs, and if ever there was a team that could do some damage it's the Blues as the underdogs. The Wings would really be up against it with this team, absolutely. Don't worry about the Flames game, that team is way better than most give them credit for, but lack consistancy.

If I were to choose two teams that could upset in the first round in the west, it would be the Blues and the Flames.

The Blues physical style of play is exactly the kind of game that would give the Wings fits... and I'd really like to see them out in the first round.

Old
03-16-2004, 12:17 PM
FACTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
Come on! This team is too good to be missing the playoffs, and if ever there was a team that could do some damage it's the Blues as the underdogs. The Wings would really be up against it with this team, absolutely. Don't worry about the Flames game, that team is way better than most give them credit for, but lack consistancy.

If I were to choose two teams that could upset in the first round in the west, it would be the Blues and the Flames.

The Blues physical style of play is exactly the kind of game that would give the Wings fits... and I'd really like to see them out in the first round.
i agree...everyone's a threat in the playoffs these days. an underdog role in a series should give this team a new demeanor. i find it tough to dismiss any of the playoff teams in the west...except the kings. it just seems illogical that a team with all those injuries could be for real. imagine how dangerous they'd be if they suddenly got healthy...they'd be as deep as any team. Allison, Deadmarsh, Palffy, Straka, Stumpel, Frolov, Carter, Robitaille...that's impressive.

Old
03-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat
The Wings would really be up against it with this team, absolutely.

What would actually happen is the Blues will abandon the punishing forecheck to instead play in awe of the Wings and to try to play the Wings style. The Wings will embarrass them in most games and the Blues will spend half of every game in the box, partly because of the Blues own discipline problems and partly because the Wings get every benefit of a call that a ref can give them. And I know this will happen because it's happened in every Wings-Blues playoff series in recent memory and it has also carried over into the regular season that past couple of seasons at least. The Blues are capable of an upset, but not of the Wings. Better Blues teams than this one have failed miserably head-to-head with the Wings.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:12 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Please take the LA Queen's playoff spot...LA missing the playoffs would be a nice conciliation to us Duck's fans.

Old
03-17-2004, 01:39 AM
c-carp

Dont count the Oilers out either they are playing better as of late.

Old
03-17-2004, 01:00 PM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
What would actually happen is the Blues will abandon the punishing forecheck to instead play in awe of the Wings and to try to play the Wings style. The Wings will embarrass them in most games and the Blues will spend half of every game in the box, partly because of the Blues own discipline problems and partly because the Wings get every benefit of a call that a ref can give them. And I know this will happen because it's happened in every Wings-Blues playoff series in recent memory and it has also carried over into the regular season that past couple of seasons at least. The Blues are capable of an upset, but not of the Wings. Better Blues teams than this one have failed miserably head-to-head with the Wings.
Yea, what he said. Wings + Blues in a playoff series = Blues choking the series away and bending over and spreading just to give the Wings a sweet taste of what they crave.

Closed Thread