HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zherdev Value

Old
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
ryz

vCash: 500
Steve Montador

ryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Fantom

Alexi Yashin

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 03:15 PM
thrillhous

It might even be the case that the name of this thread is a paradox...

But seriously, there are always GMs out there that are a sucker for talented "project" players. The Jackets will end up getting something decent in return if a trade does actually occur.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
FlameofTheWest

What i dont get is how as a 21 year old kid he scored 27 goals then as a 22 year old his girlfriend has a miscarriage and hes in a contract battle. Now after a year in which his entire team had a off year this kid at 22 is being made out to be the anti-christ. Then i see a guy post he doesnt want to play in the NA but didnt he sneak out of Moscow during the night to come over and play for the bluejackets? How many kids at 21 put up 27 goals? Now after a off year hes worth Schremp whos a dog and pony show on skates? Come on guys, seriously noone thinks hes being written off a little early? Attitude problems ok sure maybe he does have those but how many of us were so matture at 21 or 22? Did any of us have attitude problems? Lets cut the kid some slack and see how he does this year, he has to much talent just right off after one pretty bad year. Im a Detroit fan btw this isnt some Buckeyee slappy

FlameofTheWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Bob McKenzie's blog post today has a succinct take on Zherdev's value. On target, I'd say:

"For all the talk about the possibility of Nikolai Zherdev being traded, the real question is, who would want him? I am not saying Zherdev is beyond hope but we are talking about a player who was despised by his teammates last season. The good news, so far, is that Zherdev has been working hard off the ice to be a better teammate and it's been duly noted his off-ice demeanor has been better than it was. Now, the bad news. Zherdev has played very poorly on the ice, although he was a bit better in his last couple of outings. The truth is, there is no market for this guy right now. That's not to say that won't change but the Blue Jackets are not aggressively shopping Zherdev right now because there's no market and they know it."

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/mckenzie/?id=219634

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 04:23 PM
PSUhockey34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameofTheWest View Post
What i dont get is how as a 21 year old kid he scored 27 goals then as a 22 year old his girlfriend has a miscarriage and hes in a contract battle. Now after a year in which his entire team had a off year this kid at 22 is being made out to be the anti-christ. Then i see a guy post he doesnt want to play in the NA but didnt he sneak out of Moscow during the night to come over and play for the bluejackets? How many kids at 21 put up 27 goals? Now after a off year hes worth Schremp whos a dog and pony show on skates? Come on guys, seriously noone thinks hes being written off a little early? Attitude problems ok sure maybe he does have those but how many of us were so matture at 21 or 22? Did any of us have attitude problems? Lets cut the kid some slack and see how he does this year, he has to much talent just right off after one pretty bad year. Im a Detroit fan btw this isnt some Buckeyee slappy
I agree about the maturity, he does need to grow up...he's got a lot of people to prove wrong, that's for sure

10-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Byrral

Maybe the mods should sticky a thread devoted to Zherdev. It would save some bandwidth.

"All Zherdev talk here (Trade proposals for pucks, player value less than zero, all locker room cancer talk, bashing of all kinds)."

Maybe he can share a sticky with Rick Nash.

Byrral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 05:30 PM
avalanche45

Arnason, 2nd, mid level prospect

avalanche45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 07:27 PM
thrillhous

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameofTheWest View Post
Couldn't agree more. Things are getting blown out of proportion. Sure he has a bad attitude. Sure he could end up being Daigle but he could also end up like ...

(Someone please finish this sentence for me, there must be a few that have turned it around?)

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 07:30 PM
fogducker

Would a second rounder and Cooke do it?

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Blane Youngblood

Based on the offers here it is obvious that most Canuck fans are willing to bite, as am I. How about this:

Bourdon + Cooke + 3rd for Brassard/Brule + Zherdev?

CBJ seems to need character and a d-man, I am trying to address this. The Canucks need offensive talent, I am trying to address this as well.

Blane Youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
What would Columbus be looking for? More futures? A roster player?
A center for Nash

And Zherdev will get us the skates that that player wears.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
DreamCatcher*

Bourdon for Zherdev.

The Sedins will whip him into shape and a change of scenery can change the whole outlook of this young player.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2007, 11:18 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin View Post
Based on the offers here it is obvious that most Canuck fans are willing to bite, as am I. How about this:

Bourdon + Cooke + 3rd for Brassard/Brule + Zherdev?

CBJ seems to need character and a d-man, I am trying to address this. The Canucks need offensive talent, I am trying to address this as well.
I rather have Brassard/Brule then Bourdon and as much as i don't like Zherdev, i would take him over Cooke +3rd(unless i am a team who has a stanley cup calibre roster looking for bottom 6 depth). If Vancouver wanted Zherdev i am guessing they would have to offer a package that begins with either Kesler or Bourdon

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 12:09 AM
misfit

vCash: 50
This guy will never look right until he's in a Ranger jersey. I just don't get why New York hasn't gone ahead and traded for him yet.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 12:33 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
This guy will never look right until he's in a Ranger jersey. I just don't get why New York hasn't gone ahead and traded for him yet.
they drafted his clone this summer

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:11 AM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Zherdev is much better than Cherepanov though, now, and in the future.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 12:34 PM
ryz

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
touche'

ryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

I'll agree with those who say Zherdev has no value right now. The problem is, that also applies to the Jackets. Pretty much useless.

Rabid Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiro View Post
Nikolai Zherdev = slightly better version of Pavel Brendl...

He has the bust word written all over his face....

If I was a NHL GM, I'd stay away from Zherdev...
Pat Falloon, Alexandre Daigle, Zherdev. Not a bad start to their careers. A little bit of success went to their heads and they figured they didn't have to work ever again.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Esoteric Ubiquity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Habber View Post
Pat Falloon, Alexandre Daigle, Zherdev. Not a bad start to their careers. A little bit of success went to their heads and they figured they didn't have to work ever again.
I thought falloon was the bees knees when I was a kid and he just started out, but he doesn't belong in that group i'm sad to say. His knock wasn't work, he just couldn't finish and never found his niche.

Esoteric Ubiquity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 05:34 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
I personally wouldn't mind Zherdev on Washington. Plays a LW/RW and if he gets his act together can play on a top line with Ovechkin-Kozlov-Zherdev. He'll have other Russian buddies, Semin, Kozlov and Ovechkin to be around and helpfully help turn his attitude around.

I know for one that Ovechkin is a very enthusiastic player that gives every game his all. This could potentially rub off on Zherdev in a very positive way making him produce greatly. An all Russian first line could have great chemistry right off the bat, and a second line of Backstrom-Nylander-Semin is just amazing to have. Expecially if Zherdev pulls up his socks and plays like the projected 1st liner he once was.

Just my opinion.. Washington could trade mid-prospect and a 2nd round pick and they'd get a STEAL.

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 05:50 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
You called that one.

lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Epic thread bump

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 08:14 AM
JVR21
G

I'm wondering how many of you have actually seen Zherdev play this year. He's not an all star, but IMO he's playing great for a $2M player. He's made some bad turnovers, but he's also scored huge goals and won games for us.

JVR21 is online now   Reply With Quote