HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Kids

Old
10-02-2007, 12:48 AM
Ducks

vCash: 500
Kids

My local rink has 8 locker rooms. Earlier today I went to a pickup game came back to the locker room after we were done playing and found the locker room filled with a team of 12 year olds. They aren't even supposed to use that locker room, but since it's the closest one to the rink they were going to use (the one we were on) and the room was open they decided to pile in and take up all the space. The benches were full and the kids had thrown my bag on the floor and totally taken up my part of the bench.

I was pretty annoyed, but I decided to be cool about it. But still, I wish the management would police the locker rooms a bit better, I shouldn't have to deal with other people's spoiled kids messing with my stuff and acting like brats.

Anyone else find themselves in similar situations at their LHR's?

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 01:04 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 1651
my home rink has 4 rooms and lets just say its a disaster at every practice and every game, especially when the 8-9-10 year olds are on the ice before us.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:16 AM
OilerNut*

I remember once walking into a locker room for our weekly pickup game and the room was a total disaster. The whole floor was covered with chip crumbs. Looked as though the kids were throwing around the food more than eatting it.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 08:55 AM
ShowmeHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
I remember once walking into a locker room for our weekly pickup game and the room was a total disaster. The whole floor was covered with chip crumbs. Looked as though the kids were throwing around the food more than eatting it.
I had been on the cleanup side of that a few times. We have to give our car keys to get a locker room key, so the rink will check the locker room to make sure it is acceptable for the next team. If there are tapeballs/chip crumbs all over the floor, you don't get your keys back until it gets cleaned up. It makes it a lot nicer for everybody when you know it'll be clean because someone was held accountable for the room.

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
My local rink has 8 locker rooms. Earlier today I went to a pickup game came back to the locker room after we were done playing and found the locker room filled with a team of 12 year olds. They aren't even supposed to use that locker room, but since it's the closest one to the rink they were going to use (the one we were on) and the room was open they decided to pile in and take up all the space. The benches were full and the kids had thrown my bag on the floor and totally taken up my part of the bench.

I was pretty annoyed, but I decided to be cool about it. But still, I wish the management would police the locker rooms a bit better, I shouldn't have to deal with other people's spoiled kids messing with my stuff and acting like brats.

Anyone else find themselves in similar situations at their LHR's?

They should allow you to lock the room.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 11:28 AM
javorka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan View Post
They should allow you to lock the room.
Yeah, especially when there are 8 locker rooms.

At our arenas there's also a rule that you have to get out within 45 minutes of getting off the ice, so there are never two teams in a room at once.

javorka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
My rink has 12 locker rooms and we have to turn in our license to get the keys to the room then after everyones done getting dressed they get locked we also cant get our license back until the rooms been inspected maybe bring system such as this up to the managment at the rink??

Cappy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 12:35 PM
Ducks

those are some good ideas, I'll be skating with the hockey director at the rink tonight so I'll bring those up to him. Those kids were really badly behaved, at one point one of the father's of the kids came in to check on his son and saw that he forgot something, and the kid screamed at him and ordered his father to go get it for him.

I was like, man, if my kid ever talked to me that way he'd be smeared across the locker room.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 01:46 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapninja View Post
those are some good ideas, I'll be skating with the hockey director at the rink tonight so I'll bring those up to him. Those kids were really badly behaved, at one point one of the father's of the kids came in to check on his son and saw that he forgot something, and the kid screamed at him and ordered his father to go get it for him.

I was like, man, if my kid ever talked to me that way he'd be smeared across the locker room.
Can't yell at the kid because they will be the next great one and the parents can live off of him.

It's sad how many parents think their kid can make the NHL.

Old
10-02-2007, 03:47 PM
javorka

Quote:
Can't yell at the kid because they will be the next great one and the parents can live off of him.

It's sad how many parents think their kid can make the NHL.
Is it safe to say you have no kids.....?

And heh, if I really intended to live off my kid, I'd tell him to become a doctor or lawyer so he could easily find a job (ever been to rural Alberta?) AND make decent money.

Old
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
ShowmeHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
My rink has 12 locker rooms and we have to turn in our license to get the keys to the room then after everyones done getting dressed they get locked we also cant get our license back until the rooms been inspected maybe bring system such as this up to the managment at the rink??
A rink around my neck of the woods does that too. I don't like that as much as having to leave your keys, because it is a lot easier to get home without getting your license than it is your car keys. But it is still better than stepping on chip crumbs with your bare feet.

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 04:08 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by javorka View Post
Is it safe to say you have no kids.....?

And heh, if I really intended to live off my kid, I'd tell him to become a doctor or lawyer so he could easily find a job (ever been to rural Alberta?) AND make decent money.
I don't have the patience for kids yet.

Old
10-02-2007, 05:04 PM
javorka

Quote:
I don't have the patience for kids yet.
I have kids, and sometimes I don't have patience for them, either!

Old
10-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Nosebleed Section

Well a couple of things. First off dont blames the kids mob mentality on a hockey team they'll do anythign without thinking. Blame the parents and coaches. Second there should be some way you can lock your dressing room when your useing it, as far as I knew most places supplied you with locks.

Nosebleed Section is offline   Reply With Quote