HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is the 6th D-man?

Old
10-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Mythology

vCash: 500
Per tim P.

Loose pucks. The Flyers open the season Thursday against the Flames in Calgary. Their roster is in flux because the team is unsure whether R.J. Umberger (broken finger) and Lupul (sprained left wrist) will be available to play. The team will sign Jim Dowd ($500,000) and Jesse Boulerice ($475,000) to NHL contracts. Riley Cote and Nate Guenin have made the roster. Either Ryan Potulny or Denis Tolpeko will begin the season with the Flyers as well.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s_captain.html

Mythology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 01:20 PM
rayearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
with Goat on waivers - I guess Guenin has a better shot now. After Picard who is there? Jones/Timonen/Johnson? I've seen Guenin play a couple of pre-season games and he looks better than those three.

25 years old played at Ohio State from Sewickley PA. outside Pittsburgh.
Does that make him the 7th though?

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:01 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

This year, like every year, there will be plenty of sixth defensemen on the Flyers.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythology View Post
Per tim P.

Loose pucks. The Flyers open the season Thursday against the Flames in Calgary. Their roster is in flux because the team is unsure whether R.J. Umberger (broken finger) and Lupul (sprained left wrist) will be available to play. The team will sign Jim Dowd ($500,000) and Jesse Boulerice ($475,000) to NHL contracts. Riley Cote and Nate Guenin have made the roster. Either Ryan Potulny or Denis Tolpeko will begin the season with the Flyers as well.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s_captain.html
Alexandre Picard has also been taken off the roster. However, Guenin, Tolpeko, Cote and Potulny (and Giroux for that matter) all remain on the Phantoms roster (Boucher is not). Might just be some updating going on, maybe Picard changed his number.

Edit: In fact, the Flyers only have 10 forwards listed on the roster (one being Potulny and Richards isn't on it). And as I refreshed, Gauthier was just taken off. So there is some updating happening.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:36 PM
runkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Alexandre Picard has also been taken off the roster. However, Guenin, Tolpeko, Cote and Potulny (and Giroux for that matter) all remain on the Phantoms roster. Might just be some updating going on, maybe Picard changed his number.

Edit: In fact, the Flyers only have 10 forwards listed on the roster (one being Potulny and Richards isn't on it). And as I refreshed, Gauthier was just taken off. So there is some updating happening.

They need to hurry up and put Carter and Coburn back up there Making me nervous seeing the roster in limbo

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Apparently, the 6th d-man will be Randy Jones when he comes back, because Picard was sent down.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote