HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pack Roster Looking Great

Old
10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Pack Roster Looking Great

The Pack look great. Very good chance at the Calder Cup, and a lot of great kids there.

Dawes - Anisimov - Bourret
Korps - Pyatt - Jessiman
Dupont - Moore - Byers
ROLE PLAYERS: Graham, Barnes, Fritz, Lessard

BH99: Every player on the first 3 lines has a legitimate chance to make it to the NHL one day. Many surely will not. Some will be no more than role players (Moore, Byers, Jessiman), but for an AHL team, this is great.

Hutch - Baranka
Sauer - Kasper The Friendly Ghost
Liffiton - Potter/Taylor

BH99: The two vets (Kasper and Hutch) can play on some teams in the NHL as 6-8 dmen. Three more kids (Baranka, Sauer and Liffiton) have a legit chance at the NHL.

Montoya
Holt

BH99: Monty is definitely NHL-ready. Maybe even ready to be a starter about 55 games a years.

The Pack have a legit chance at the Calder Cup and not due to a bunch of over the hill vets, but predominantly because of the kids.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:20 PM
dank

Go Pack!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Larry Melnyk

Another player who will probably have an impact on the top 3 lines is JOE BARNES, the guy we got in the Cullen trade...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:22 PM
Fletch

They look a bit weak...

down the middle. Two rookies and one guy who you have in who's a winger. Goaltending, defense and the wingers seem strong enough to get this team through the first couple months while the guys in the middle get up to speed.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:29 PM
NYR Viper

anisimov and pyatt are solid players.....anisimov has already played a year as a pro in russia and probably could be playing in the nhl right now but the team has no room and wants him to get acclimated

i just hope dawes doesnt get down on himself.....he is a very good player and will be called up during the season....he should be on the team just no winger spots open.....next year i hope he stays and shows all of the people that he is very good

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
down the middle. Two rookies and one guy who you have in who's a winger. Goaltending, defense and the wingers seem strong enough to get this team through the first couple months while the guys in the middle get up to speed.
Both Dupont and Barnes are C's and should help shore up the C position, especially Barnes. But no escaping the point that we are very young and will have to be patient as these guys grow..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 02:53 PM
philbo

Living in the Hartford area, is going to be fun this season. This team should be exciting to watch.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
HAPPY HOUR

I usually go to about 3 or 4 games but this year I'll be looking to double that.

Really excited to see these prospects develop and and mature.

As far a the center position goes I think Joe Barnes is a nice player.Hopefully he just needs to get over his concussion issues and we will be able to see that this kid has talent.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
SPG

I'll be at the Pack/Crunch game in Syracuse (Crunch home opener) a week from Saturday... pretty excited to see the youngsters.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
I'll be at the Pack/Crunch game in Syracuse (Crunch home opener) a week from Saturday... pretty excited to see the youngsters.
Hey, me too man, I'll be wearing a blue Prucha jersey with some friends, if you see me don't be a stranger haha.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Fireonk

Dawes/Anisimov/Bourret line is pretty awesome for an AHL team. I also really like the idea of playing Korps/Pyatt/Byers on a line.

Fireonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Go Pack! I'm going to see my first Wolf Pack game in person since 2004 next month up in Manchester. The team is going to be very talented this season.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 04:59 PM
squishy

I wouldn't get too carried away with predictions of a Calder Cup just yet. Yes, there are a lot of really talented prospects there, but that talented youth comes coupled with a whole lot of youthful inexperience. While it's nice to see a team packed with prospects, the lack of veteran leadership is slightly worrying.

Some thoughts on the prospective lines listed above:

I think Barnes will end up centering the 3rd line ahead of Moore. And I don't believe Moore is a legit NHL prospect at this point. Honestly, I don't think Jessiman is either, regardless of all the good press he got during training camp, but he's going to be given every possible opportunity to prove me wrong.

I don't believe we'll see both Kaspar and Hutchinson in the line-up at the same time. Potter and Taylor are there to play, not sit in the press box. I think the Rangers are desperate to get rid of Hutch rather than have him take up space in Hartford, but have been unable to find any takers, even on the waiver wire. Kaspar will get to stick around to help Anisimov adjust to North America.

I wouldn't be so sure Holt's going to back-up Montoya. Zabba apparently looked very good in the pre-season game he played, and Wiikman, though apparently injured at the moment, was signed with the expectation he'd be the AHL back-up. I suspect Holt will end up back in Charlotte for at least part of the year. Monty will definitely be expected to carry the majority of games this season, unless he falters early. He needs to have a career year this year if he really wants to prove to the Rangers (or someone else) that he's ready to make the next step.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Ola

If the Packs win the Calder I will, ehh do something weird!

Nah, but seriously, the Packs trys to play atleast a simular style to what we play in NY. Practically instead of playing a no-misstake style, like Atlanta and Calgary for example, they try to take their game to the other team instead. Can't say that I got great track on the rest of the teams in the AHL, but to me they all seem to play neanderthaler style.

Like we have seen in NY for 2 seasons now its the best when it works, and it means huge scoring chances against whenever a little misstake is done. When HFD plays well they can put 45 shots on net for 15 games in a row, while giving up 20 shots. Though when the gooing get tough in the PO's they are bound to face some adversity and more pressure, and that high octane system just isn't constructed to be used by inexperienced players, gooing at it under allot of pressure ect.

So, I expect HFD to really dominate allot of nights when I watch them, though I don't expect any Cups. And I also defenitly want them to stick to a system that will develop them for the NHL instead of revert to sending the puck out off the boards like McGill ordered when his team wheren't heading in the right direction.

In terms of talent I think they could be the most talented team in the entire AHL. Its just the mix of inexperience and odds, if we would have kept last season team together for 10 years I am sure they would have won 7 calders. Though you don't do it with that style and experience the first year.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
The Thomas J.*

if anything, That team should be FAST!

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:13 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Jordan Owens is probably gonna make the team as well
Well stacked roster indeed

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Oldschool hockey fan

I may go to the home opener vs. Bridgeport on the 6th, if I'm in town. Should be an exciting team to watch this year.

Oldschool hockey fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireonk View Post
Dawes/Anisimov/Bourret line is pretty awesome for an AHL team.
I'd bet they could compete with a bunch of NHL teams' 3rd lines.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I'd bet they could compete with a bunch of NHL teams' 3rd lines.
Who else feels bad for Dawes? Must be terrible knowing you did a great job in the preseason and still didn't get a chance.

Hope he realizes that he'll be back in the NHL as early as October and in November at the latest. First injury or first sign of trouble for one of the players, and Dawes is back up.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If Bourret stays healthy, that would be one hell of a top line.

Anyword on the hand injury?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 06:18 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Who else feels bad for Dawes? Must be terrible knowing you did a great job in the preseason and still didn't get a chance.

Hope he realizes that he'll be back in the NHL as early as October and in November at the latest. First injury or first sign of trouble for one of the players, and Dawes is back up.
Yea, I feel for him. Busts his ass but there isnt a spot for him. But he's a professional so i'm sure he know he'll have his chance in the NHL soon enough if he keeps playing like he is.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 06:46 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

From the roster on the AHL site,Graham,Barnes,Ouelette,Zaba and Holt are now Checkers

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/roster...12&team_id=307

13 forwards,7 D and 2 goalies

With player numbers

Sauer is wearing #4.That is why Staal didn't take #4.The Rangers are saving the # for Sauer

Kasparaitis is #11

Last edited by RangerBoy: 10-02-2007 at 06:54 PM.
RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Barnes to the Checkers? Kind of weird.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Barnes to the Checkers? Kind of weird.
He has been bothered by the groin injury since the rookie tournament

Quote:
The forwards include center Joe Barnes, whose groin injury prevented him from playing in any exhibition games
http://www.courant.com/sports/hockey...,2726311.story

Charlotte will be his rehab stint

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Nich

and the mvp....wiikiman

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote