HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

karlsson hurt now

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Idealsupra*

vCash: 500
karlsson hurt now

the injury parade continues... karlsson has a deep abdominal strain from practice today.... not sure if he will play in the opener....

wow....

Old
10-01-2007, 01:30 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Well at least it's nothing major. Strains can be handled quickly and I have no reason to believe this would be any different... although I havent heard about this and there's no link or anything to the news/details.

He'll be back soon, i'm sure.

Old
10-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctheory View Post
Well at least it's nothing major. Strains can be handled quickly and I have no reason to believe this would be any different... although I havent heard about this and there's no link or anything to the news/details.

sorry

http://blogs.tampabay.com/lightning/

Old
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplitersniper View Post
No worries, wasn't trying to call you a liar or anything, just didn't know if it was something that just happened and you caught it on the radio, etc.

Thanks for the link!

Old
10-01-2007, 03:41 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Droppin' like flies.

Old
10-01-2007, 04:32 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Quote:

Strains may be fast to heal... but the likelyhood of getting the same injury again pretty much raises significantly. Strain= tendons/ligaments are stretched... and they aren't elastic, they stay stretched out. Anatomy class is a great class, even if it's really hard.

And at this rate, Janik will easily make the team as the 3rd line LW.

Old
10-01-2007, 05:31 PM
OptimismRestrainer

See what happens when Dan Boyle gets hurt? Now everybody wants to be hurt. We are doomed.

Old
10-01-2007, 06:02 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
Strains may be fast to heal... but the likelyhood of getting the same injury again pretty much raises significantly. Strain= tendons/ligaments are stretched... and they aren't elastic, they stay stretched out. Anatomy class is a great class, even if it's really hard.
Thanks. Where would I be without you?

I'm off to fail anatomy again, later!

Ah, and from the Mayo Clinic:

* Sprain. A sprain is a stretching or tearing of ligaments. Ligaments are tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect one bone to another. They help to stabilize joints, preventing excessive movement. Sprains are frequently caused by rapid changes in direction or by a collision. Common locations for sprains are your ankles, wrists and knees.
* Strain. A strain is a stretching or tearing of muscle. This type of injury often occurs when muscles suddenly and powerfully contract — or when a muscle stretches unusually far. This is called an acute strain. But overuse of certain muscles over time can lead to a chronic strain. People commonly call muscle strains "pulled" muscles. Hamstring and back injuries are among the most common strains.

Old
10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Quote:

* Sprain. A sprain is a stretching or tearing of ligaments. Ligaments are tough bands of fibrous tissue that connect one bone to another. They help to stabilize joints, preventing excessive movement. Sprains are frequently caused by rapid changes in direction or by a collision. Common locations for sprains are your ankles, wrists and knees.
* Strain. A strain is a stretching or tearing of muscle. This type of injury often occurs when muscles suddenly and powerfully contract — or when a muscle stretches unusually far. This is called an acute strain. But overuse of certain muscles over time can lead to a chronic strain. People commonly call muscle strains "pulled" muscles. Hamstring and back injuries are among the most common strains.
Lightning board full of smart alecks? I know I am and apparently there are others...

Old
10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Quote:

Oops. Misread that. Thanks for looking it up for me

Old
10-01-2007, 07:17 PM
RJW123

at least its karlsson and not someone of great importance....

Old
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Sear91

Wow... this is getting out of hand even though its just Karlsson... well back to those guys who were sent to the Admirals... at least Jones might get another shot.

Old
10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
RJW123

what about darche taking the spot? he is still with the lightning....

Old
10-01-2007, 08:11 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJW123 View Post
what about darche taking the spot? he is still with the lightning....

darche WAS sent down.. but will be brought back in case karlsson cant play opening night.

Old
10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
randyc

Darche never got on the plane

Darche cleared waivers but was not sent down. He is still in Tampa. Someone can help with this one, now that he has cleared he could play for Tampa without having to pass through waivers again as long as he doesn't get formally assigned to Norfolk.

But if he plays for Tampa in place of Karlsson, would he have to pass through waivers again before he is able to be assigned to Norfolk?

Old
10-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc View Post
But if he plays for Tampa in place of Karlsson, would he have to pass through waivers again before he is able to be assigned to Norfolk?
I don't think so. I believe he passes through waivers again if he's sent to Norfolk and then recalled.

Old
10-01-2007, 09:59 PM
IcePalace

I saw him today at the chamber of commerce event and he was standing up pretty straight. He looked ok. I would think a strained abdominal would cause you to not be able to walk easily. Of course I don't know what time they practiced today. I would guess it was probably after the event.

Old
10-02-2007, 02:46 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayiandemond View Post
Wow... this is getting out of hand even though its just Karlsson... well back to those guys who were sent to the Admirals... at least Jones might get another shot.
id like to see Jones again.

Old
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiodos View Post
Oops. Misread that. Thanks for looking it up for me
Sorry for misreading your post, at first it looked like you were just trying to take a shot at someone there. Maybe it was just because I was on a bit on edge from work.

Old
10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

I'd be happy to see Darche again, too... I thought he was a hard worker and was always trying to make a play.

Old
10-02-2007, 09:59 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
I'd be happy to see Darche again, too... I thought he was a hard worker and was always trying to make a play.
I agree. I think he could have a good chance. It's worth a shot anyway. Though I would like some guaranteed wins early on in the season this time and I wouldn't be so confident with him on the ice just yet. Maybe we could bring him up if we've attained a comfortable cushion. It's better to let him play in the minors than sit on our bench.

Closed Thread