HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Thoughts on Flames Game 3/14/04

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 09:00 AM
TimothyR

vCash: 500
Thoughts on Flames Game 3/14/04

I waited til the next day in hopes that I cooled off. Nope. What a complete piece of horse crap. That game pissed me off so bad. Well, not just me, season ticket holders around us were leaving early. A big, important game like that and they come out like they did. People around us were calling them the "Tin Men." [MUSIC] If I only had a heart. [/MUSIC]

Old
03-15-2004, 10:04 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyR
I waited til the next day in hopes that I cooled off. Nope. What a complete piece of horse crap. That game pissed me off so bad. Well, not just me, season ticket holders around us were leaving early. A big, important game like that and they come out like they did. People around us were calling them the "Tin Men." [MUSIC] If I only had a heart. [/MUSIC]
It was more a matter of being beaten by a better Flames team than anything else IMO. The Blues were unbeaten in 6 since the last time the Flames beat them. You think they did not want to avenge the 4-2 loss from a couple weeks ago ?? Just because you lose does not mean you did not try, it means more often than not that the better team won, that tonight was the Calgary Flames.

Old
03-15-2004, 02:21 PM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Just because you lose does not mean you did not try, it means more often than not that the better team won, that tonight was the Calgary Flames.
I disagree with this. And it's not just me. Bob Plager, during the post game, stated how disappointed he was with the team. Season ticket holders next to me leaving early due to poor Blues play. You are correct in that they Blues were outplayed by the Flames. I am not taking away from the Flames at all. However, it is not hard to be outplayed when you don't show up.

Old
03-15-2004, 05:53 PM
HellsBells

Quote:
I disagree with this. And it's not just me. Bob Plager, during the post game, stated how disappointed he was with the team. Season ticket holders next to me leaving early due to poor Blues play. You are correct in that they Blues were outplayed by the Flames. I am not taking away from the Flames at all. However, it is not hard to be outplayed when you don't show up.
I did not see the game so perhaps they did not show up. Some of the Blues players must think they're just going to walk right into the playoffs if that's the case. Nashville, Calgary & LA are hungry so the Blues better match their hungriness or that playoff streak is over. Should be an exciting last few weeks.

Old
03-15-2004, 06:21 PM
bluebleeder38

I was at the game and the Blues were terrible, Calgary pushed them around from the start. Osgood was decent except for the Nilson goal, but the forwards were awful, all were non-factors. Backman was the best Blues player from what I saw. Very disappointing to lose a game they way they did to a team they're trying to catch. I thought I was going to be able to tell my kids that I saw Reed Low score a goal in person, too, but Turek had to foil my plans and actually be good for a game. :p

Old
03-15-2004, 07:21 PM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebleeder38
I thought I was going to be able to tell my kids that I saw Reed Low score a goal in person, too, but Turek had to foil my plans and actually be good for a game. :p
I'm one up on ya. I saw Low score against Patrick Roy. We took a trip to watch the Blues in Denver and that was the game he scored.

Old
03-16-2004, 12:20 AM
bluebleeder38

Quote:
I'm one up on ya. I saw Low score against Patrick Roy. We took a trip to watch the Blues in Denver and that was the game he scored.
Wait...the classic where he ran into the net at full speed after scoring? Priceless Reed Low...man, what a champ. :p

Old
03-16-2004, 09:01 AM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebleeder38
Wait...the classic where he ran into the net at full speed after scoring? Priceless Reed Low...man, what a champ. :p
Yep, that is the one. Roy did another one of his "getting caught out of the net" tricks and Low got him. He he.

Old
03-17-2004, 01:40 AM
c-carp

His line actually played well tonight against the Kings. Cut Lowsy some slack guys. He does a decent enough job at being the enforcer.

Old
03-17-2004, 07:38 AM
TimothyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Cut Lowsy some slack guys. He does a decent enough job at being the enforcer.
There are a number of people who would disagree with you there, but that has been beaten to death in other threads.

Old
03-18-2004, 01:05 AM
c-carp

Quote:
There are a number of people who would disagree with you there, but that has been beaten to death in other threads.
You can disagree thats fine but he shows up when he needs to and holds his own in most fights. Is he ever going to be a top 5 guy, no but I think he does a decent enough job. You are right though that subject has been beaten to death many times here.

Closed Thread