Saprykin wins the green paper hat

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2004, 11:45 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Saprykin wins the green paper hat

What with him sitting out so often, maybe he should consider a part-time job hoisting a vendor's tray and selling popcorn in the upper loges.

Old
03-15-2004, 12:00 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
In 63 games, 11 goals, 16 assists, and a plus 2. Those are pretty respectable numbers for a young player with little ice time and who hasn't rounded out his game yet. Trade him and watch him blossom into a Ladislav Nagy type in a few years.

Old
03-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Michalek

Oleg healty scratched again. I can see him as a servisable 30-40 pts guy , but I just have this feeling that it wont be under Sutter. If you ad to it that we have pretty good depth at LW ; Nilson , Reinprecht , Gelinas ,Nieminen , Oliwa , Loyns , also Sutter wants Simon to stay , and I think Mcammond might stay too, there is obviously not enough room for saprykin on CGY LW.
I think that this kid is pretty much done as a Flame

Old
03-15-2004, 07:49 AM
Badger Bob

Paging Saprykin Fan...

Old
03-15-2004, 08:33 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
I think we should be keeping Saprykin in, and sitting the less talented people (Oliwa, Clark). We have enough grit, but we need some skill.
Saprykin Conroy Iginla
Gelinas McAmmond Donovan
Nieminen Yelle Nilson
Simon Lombardi Kobasew

There's lots of room for tinkering, but this is the best 12 forwards we've had in quite some time. It wasn't too long ago Clark was a second liner

Old
03-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
BR, bashing Saprykin? I'm shocked :p Too many healthy forwards means some talented guys won't be playing down the stretch. The luxury of having depth. Sappy has had a decent year this season, should have a huge breakout next year.....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
03-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Damien

Send a message via MSN to Damien
If we lose Conroy in the offseason I would like to see what Sappy can do at his junior position of centre, but the boy really needs to add at least 15 pounds!

Old
03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
If we lose Conroy in the offseason I would like to see what Sappy can do at his junior position of centre, but the boy really needs to add at least 15 pounds!
I think all of Reinprecht, Nilson and McAmmond would be used at centre ahead of Saprykin. His skill suit is best suited to the wing IMO. He's a triggerman, not a playmaking centre.

Old
03-15-2004, 03:35 PM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
In 63 games, 11 goals, 16 assists, and a plus 2. Those are pretty respectable numbers for a young player with little ice time and who hasn't rounded out his game yet. Trade him and watch him blossom into a Ladislav Nagy type in a few years.
Agreed. Not sure why BR has a personal vendetta against the kid but I'm sure hoping we keep him. He's made some strides this season under Sutter.

High upside (has the skills to be a 60+ point perennial scorer), looks like he's finally headed in the right direction (has showed tremendous improvement over previous seasons). Why on earth would anybody want to give up on him? I'm fairly confident he will end up as an impact top two line scoring winger in this league. He just needs some more time, experience and tough love from Sutter as well as a better commitment to getting in shape this summer.

If he shows up to camp in good shape next season I will expect some big things from him.

Old
03-15-2004, 09:55 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

Riiiight....

Yep, Saprykin could use another fifteen pounds. Unfortunately most of the fat cells are in his head. The only sniping he is capable of is of the verbal variety. On the ice, most of his shots are of the low-percentage variety, and that's when he isn't on his butt after being knocked down flopping about like a walrus stranded on an ice floe in the Bering Strait. Hopefully, Sutter lets him float merrily off into the Arctic sunset on course for Siberia.

Old
03-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Lanny MacDonald*

Old
03-16-2004, 11:51 AM
Zhackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicycle Repairman
Riiiight....

Yep, Saprykin could use another fifteen pounds. Unfortunately most of the fat cells are in his head. The only sniping he is capable of is of the verbal variety. On the ice, most of his shots are of the low-percentage variety, and that's when he isn't on his butt after being knocked down flopping about like a walrus stranded on an ice floe in the Bering Strait. Hopefully, Sutter lets him float merrily off into the Arctic sunset on course for Siberia.
I see Saprykin's play a result of him not knowing exactly what is wanted of him.

He's asked to play more of a pest role, he gets knocked down a lot because he is playing with reckless abandon hitting opponents trying to agitate them. Then he's asked to score more (or criticized for not scoring more depending on your view) so his shot tally is up and he's chastised for it.
The kid has been yanked around like a yo-yo as far as the role he's being asked to play. If I was given so many mixed messages about what I needed to do to be successful in a given career I'd have been looking for another company or career long ago.

And it's not all Saprykin's fault. Some of the blame needs to rest on the coaches' shoulders as well. Now I'm not criticizing the job Sutter and Co. have done this year with the Flames overall because they have worked magic, but in this one situation all parties,player, coaches, media, fans, are to blame.

Old
03-16-2004, 07:22 PM
CaramonFLM

Thanks for the useless commentary on Saprykin... maybe you can try contributing something useful to the message board instead of just spewing trash about players.

Old
03-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Bicycle Repairman
HFBoards Sponsor

He sat again tonight.

Old
03-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
I totally agree. Although I like sutter and think he's been doing a great job, his handeling of young players can be somewhat questionable. Saprykin has seen action on all four lines interchangably, so he's probably confused as to how Sutter intends to use him. I don't it's been good for his development. Stick him in the linupe consistently with good linemates and you'd see what he can do. I just hope we don't ruin his potential or deal him and watch that fiasco blow up in our faces.

Old
03-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

why bother even trying to reply to this troll, ill be the bigger man and shut up, ill let saprykin play his game and show BR!!! by the way BR saprykin thinks your posts are funny, says you know so much about hockey.

Old
03-17-2004, 07:04 PM
Michalek

I think that Oleg should spend more time working on his strenght instead of reading BR posts
Now seriously , kid has all the talent needed but for some reason cant put this together. I was very high on him , but Im loosing my patience...I bet that Derryl too.

Old
03-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

how is darryl loosing patience, oleg is a player the needs to be sat every once in a while to wake the guy up, sutter knows what he is doing, i am best freinds with darryl's son, and trust me he is not giving up on saprykin, hes maybe to high, why ride oleg's ass, what happened when we did that to st.louis,fata!!!,giguer, on and on, give it time he is still very young, players hit there prime at age 27-35, hes years away yet, by the way we shouldnt be worrying about players, we have amde the playoffs for a once, that is what we should be talkin about, not single out a player, its a team game, but you trolls wouldnt know that, half of you people probably havent played the game, but neways i cant wait to see the flames and yotes play on the 31st, i cant wait for game time, i dont know who to cheer for, my favorite team the flames, or the player im goin to watch on pheonix; spiller, best part is i get to go in each of the teams dressing rooms!!!!!!

go flames go

Old
03-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Michalek

Weird , Sutter has feith in Saprykin and thats why he is the only healty scratch Forward in most important games....

Old
03-18-2004, 01:17 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michalek
Weird , Sutter has feith in Saprykin and thats why he is the only healty scratch Forward in most important games....
I really have to disagree with this quote. Why is it so bad that a young player gets sat? Its gonna happen, and its needs to happen, for the betterment of their development. I don't understand why people on this board always get all over players because they are HS. Give'em some time.

Closed Thread