HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most efficient Ranger?

Old
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Honestly, I think if Malik is on the blueline in 2000, he IS Igor Ulanov. Conversely, I think Goose or Quintal on the 2006 Rangers doesn't take nearly the drubbing they did during the dark days. Team defense and overall defensive strategy is what's changed since then.

For the record, I never thought Lefebvre was a bad an most made him out to be. His days with the Avs proved he was a skilled defenseman, but ended up a victim of all that was wrong with the turn of the century Rangers.
I agree to an extent. Think of a guy like Ozo- even when he was "on top" of his game, he was brutal. Same goes for guys like Ulanov and Karpa. At least when Malik gets it going, he's a steady defenseman.

That being said, you're right. Take those players from the miserable days of circa 2001 and put them on this team, and they wouldn't be as noticeably bad.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I agree to an extent. Think of a guy like Ozo- even when he was "on top" of his game, he was brutal. Same goes for guys like Ulanov and Karpa. At least when Malik gets it going, he's a steady defenseman.

That being said, you're right. Take those players from the miserable days of circa 2001 and put them on this team, and they wouldn't be as noticeably bad.
Thats cause we finally have a coach worth a damn !

Low, Muckler, Trottier... absolutely brutal.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Honestly, I think if Malik is on the blueline in 2000, he IS Igor Ulanov. Conversely, I think Goose or Quintal on the 2006 Rangers doesn't take nearly the drubbing they did during the dark days. Team defense and overall defensive strategy is what's changed since then.

For the record, I never thought Lefebvre was a bad an most made him out to be. His days with the Avs proved he was a skilled defenseman, but ended up a victim of all that was wrong with the turn of the century Rangers.
Don't know about the first part. Urianov was sooooo bad, I would go so far as to name him one of the worst d-men to ever wear blue. The problem with Malik is that everyone (including me) would love to see him use his size. Never liked big d-men that played finesse and the Rangers through the years have had more than their fair share of them. Difference is that unlike a guy like Willie Huber, Randy Moeller or some of the other big guys that never hit, Malik has more talent. Like someone else said if he could eliminate his one or two brain farts a game we would all be happier!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:29 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Yeah, a pretty flimsy corporate tie-in on that one.

What I find interesting is we've lived through the likes of Sylvain Lefebvre, Stephane Quintal, Rich Pilon, Alexei Gusorov and Kevin Hatcher. But seemingly Marek Malik is the worst of all of them.
Remember the buzz around him when we first got him? "oh man he might be Darien Hatcher just waiting to blossom!" or some bs like that.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote