HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Shea Weber???

Old
10-04-2007, 09:28 PM
hackytorque

vCash: 500
Shea Weber???

Hey did shea Weber get injured in the first????

hackytorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Yes, leg injury...will not return...will be reevaluated in the AM.

Not a good way to start the season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:48 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

thats blows.....anyone hear any news post game

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Bourdon

This blows, Weber and Havlat out for my pool. Havlat I expected, but you know...

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
thats blows.....anyone hear any news post game
Willy Daunic reported that he was able to walk on his own without any brace or crutches ... so that's good news in my book

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobangobongo View Post
This blows, Weber and Havlat out for my pool. Havlat I expected, but you know...
Have them both also, yeah a crappy way to start the season.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Stranger

Not what we need right out of the gate.

Shea is going to play a big role for us this year. Yes I know we have some depth on defense right now, but its a hard time replacing someone like him. We cannot afford injuries this year.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2007, 10:44 PM
braindead

Worse given that Klien is still out as I think he is a better sub for Weber than Koistenen.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Have My Baby Pierre

Wow! I thought he was a steal in my draft, keep the updates up..Weber is one of my favs.

Have My Baby Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:42 AM
handtrick

Looked like Weber twisted his left knee when he tried to check Hejduk against the left halfboards at 11:36 to go in the 1st. I didn't notice how he went off the ice...how much weight he was putting on it, etc.....I would guess an MCL sprain or possibly a meniscal tear....an MCL is 2-6 weeks depending on severity.....a mensical tear is ususally surgery and out 4 weeks if they just trim it out and it isn't the "repairable type" that requires 2-3 months to recover from.
As nice as the win was last night....and boy was it nice....I am worried somewhat....the fact that he wasn't helped off the ice was encouraging though.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
Sweet

I heard it has a possibilitu to be a sprained ankle ... is that right ???

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Sweet

Someone told me he was walking by himself after the game ... don't know how good is that source, but we'll see !!!

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
lambraf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
Willy Daunic reported that he was able to walk on his own without any brace or crutches ... so that's good news in my book

lambraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 04:34 PM
TomHBlain

Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobangobongo View Post
I see you and I share the same problems

TomHBlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2007, 06:35 PM
IlyaAlexanderMalkin

TSN on the icechips link says that Weber is out 3-6 weeks with a dislocated patella.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

IlyaAlexanderMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 12:08 PM
handtrick

In the long run, a dislocated patella should heal fine as long as time is given for the medial retinaculum to heal and not give recurrent dislocations....therefore the 3-6 weeks. One thing you worry about is that the patella didn't gouge a cartilaginous piece out of the medial femoral condyle on the way over. One thing is the leg will tend to get weak as he won't be able to do any deep knee bending or squats for the bulk of the 3-6 weeks. Hopefully he will be able to get on the bike in a week or two to keep some amount of stregth in the leg.
Surgery is not usually necessary unless this results in the medial retinaculum healing too loose [which would affect the tracking of the patella {knee cap} with flexion and extension]. If this is the case he could require an "arthroscopic lateral retinacular release" which would balance out the patella tracking; but this wouldn't be done until it healed, and he continued to have problems with it.....another reason not to let him come back too quickly.

So, in other words, this is about as serious and significant as a mild [Grade 1 or 2] MCL injury as far as time out of the lineup and long term significance. On the scale of potential knee injuries to a hockey player this is about a 2-3 out of 10.

Old
10-06-2007, 01:51 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
In the long run, a dislocated patella should heal fine as long as time is given for the medial retinaculum to heal and not give recurrent dislocations....therefore the 3-6 weeks. One thing you worry about is that the patella didn't gouge a cartilaginous piece out of the medial femoral condyle on the way over. One thing is the leg will tend to get weak as he won't be able to do any deep knee bending or squats for the bulk of the 3-6 weeks. Hopefully he will be able to get on the bike in a week or two to keep some amount of stregth in the leg.
Surgery is not usually necessary unless this results in the medial retinaculum healing too loose [which would affect the tracking of the patella {knee cap} with flexion and extension]. If this is the case he could require an "arthroscopic lateral retinacular release" which would balance out the patella tracking; but this wouldn't be done until it healed, and he continued to have problems with it.....another reason not to let him come back too quickly.

So, in other words, this is about as serious and significant as a mild [Grade 1 or 2] MCL injury as far as time out of the lineup and long term significance. On the scale of potential knee injuries to a hockey player this is about a 2-3 out of 10.
Is this impressing with facts or baffling with bull****? Because I don't think I would know the difference in this case.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 02:35 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
Is this impressing with facts or baffling with bull****? Because I don't think I would know the difference in this case.
It wasn't directed to you, because I knew you wouldn't be able to understand it anyway....

Old
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
fancy dan*

Quote:

exactly what i was about to say

fancy dan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
MonkeyFracas

So who fills in for him on the top PP now? Suter or Hamhuis?

MonkeyFracas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 09:15 PM
15theheatison*

Any reason they haven't placed him on IR for it?

15theheatison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 09:42 PM
lstcyr

Probably because they don't need to until Klein is ready to come back.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRAMBLLLLLLE... View Post
Any reason they haven't placed him on IR for it?
they probably will any day now.. but since the active roster only has 22 players on it right now (with klein and sully on IR), and there is already room to therefore activate klein when he returns from his injury without going over the max.. and since there is no intent to recall anyone else from milwaukee right now, it's pretty much pointless to place him on IR

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 06:53 AM
predperson

Quote:

Some of us get it and certainly appreciate the lesson in orthopedics.

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Pred303

Quote:

i was just thinking this exact same thing myself..

well either that or just put an ace bandage on it and give it a try

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote