HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

if u were 2 buy a jersey

Old
10-02-2007, 11:55 PM
CaNucK10

vCash: 500
if u were 2 buy a jersey

how long do u think these new rbk jerseys are gonna last? should i get one? i was thinking about an ovechkin one

CaNucK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 12:19 AM
OilerNut*

I was thinking about buying one for hockey. Not sure though. What is the difference between the replica and authenic edge jerseys?

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 12:43 AM
the zamboni

If they don't go back to the old ones after this season, they will be around until the NHL comes out with something "better". I can't see them going away anytime soon really though, mainly because I'm sure the league has a contract with RBK. Personally, I won't be buying one anytime soon, probably not for a few years.

the zamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 07:43 AM
ShowmeHawks

I bought one of the practice jerseys to use for when I play. I must admit that I don't like it, but for only one reason. I always used my jersey to wipe sweat from my face, and because of the whicking material, I am not able to do that. So, I wouldn't get another jersey to play in, but if I had the money I would considering getting one to wear to games.

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 09:56 AM
EmptyNetter

We had a thread going on the Bruins board about this. Take a look at the lettered jerseys before buying one and make sure you like the new style -- the names and numbers are silkscreened, not stitched on like they used to be.

FWIW I think the jerseys will be around for a few years. If you don't like red (and I like the retro look of the new jerseys) you can probably get clearance prices on the old style jersey.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 08:05 PM
CaNucK10

so where would i get one? i was thinking about this one. the white one
http://shop.nhl.com/family/index.jsp...920318.1920346

so..
what does authentic premier replica vintage mean? which one is usually the legit (real one ppl get)

Old
10-03-2007, 08:14 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
If I were buyin' a jersey to play hockey in I'd buy one of these pieces of ****.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 10:14 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
If you have the money I would say go ahead and buy 1 of the new Caps jerseys, those things look pretty sweet.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2007, 11:29 PM
CaNucK10

so whats the difference between authentic and premier??

Old
10-04-2007, 07:31 AM
EmptyNetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNucK10 View Post
what does authentic premier replica vintage mean? which one is usually the legit (real one ppl get)
You clicked the links, right? The vintage is in the same style as the Capitals' first jersey when they entered the league. Technically the one being sold on nhl.com is a replica -- the fabric is of a lighter weight than the "authentic" and it doesn't have a fight strap (or whatever they call it) which would allow you to secure it to your hockey pants. What they're calling a replica is a practice jersey. This year's premier is what I would have called a replica last year. The style is the same as what Ovechkin will wear this year but the fabric is lighter and it's less expensive than the authentic, which is allegedly the same jersey in every way that the players would wear. There are die hard fans who will buy the authentic but on the whole I think most fans would buy the premier. It looks good enough and it cost about half as much as the authentic.

Old
10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
CaNucK10

thanks!

Old
10-05-2007, 10:55 PM
MikeD

An authentic is the actual jersey to spec as those worn on the ice in game by the players. One key point is that an Authentic is sized by number and has the fight strap. Sized as S,M,L,Xl w/ a fight strap is NOT authentic.

Also the weight of the fabric in a replica is about HALF of the material used in authentic. Replicas are easily cut or ripped in play. Auhtentics are difficult to damage under normal non-check play. An authentic can be more easily repaired so you cant see the damage where as a replica is pretty much toast.

given the replica is my only choice I would go with a replica thats sublimated over any screen print. Sublimated graphics do not wear or fade.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 12:54 AM
CaNucK10

so the premier ovechkin jersey will rip easily? the other guy ^^^ said its the same material as what ovechkin wears but it's lighter?? im confused

Old
10-06-2007, 01:10 PM
MikeD

how can it be the same but lighter? its either the same or NOT the same, right? Recall your easter candy? Its like saying that a hollow and solid bunny are the same but one is lighter. YEah, both are chocolate but there are obvious differences between the two in what your going to get.

The premier will rip easily in comparison to the authentic.

If you were to take 3 replica jerseys and put one inside the other, thats about what game weight is(no crest/lettering/numbering. The knit is much heavier. another example: Two guys standing at a camp fire side by side. Wind blows hot embers up onto the jerseys of both. Both jump back and brush off quickly. The replica will have holes in it while the game weight may have scorch marks but no hole.

in repairing, the game weight you can "darn" back in well and easily enough that a small rent would be hard to notice. These vintage/replicas are too thin for the same method and a repair stands out like a sore thumb.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 05:49 PM
EmptyNetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNucK10 View Post
so the premier ovechkin jersey will rip easily? the other guy ^^^ said its the same material as what ovechkin wears but it's lighter?? im confused
I think you misunderstood my post.
The authentic is made with the thickest material and has a fight strap.
I believe all the others -- the vintage, the premier and the replica -- are made from the same gauge material which is thinner than the authentic. The authentic and the premier look alike but the premier is mostly made to be worn on the street, not on the ice.

Old
10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Bear of Bad News
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
how can it be the same but lighter? its either the same or NOT the same, right? Recall your easter candy? Its like saying that a hollow and solid bunny are the same but one is lighter. YEah, both are chocolate but there are obvious differences between the two in what your going to get.
Furthermore, if the replica were "the same but lighter", then wouldn't it be better than the authentic? And then the players would wear the replicas.

Bear of Bad News is offline   Reply With Quote