HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Drury is a NY Ranger

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
exact opposite feelings for me, its the Gomez signing that I need to warm up to, very strange seeing him in Ranger blue
I have hated him for so many years it is going to take some time until I get used to him... one rush end to end will probably end that though...

Old
10-05-2007, 11:45 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I absolutely love the Jeter comparison, being a Yankee fan. It was exactly what I was thinking coming home from the game, Thursday night.

Not the hands down best in any single facet, but excellent in all. Complete, all-around player with the skill, smarts, desire, and leadership to take a team far.

I still see Drury on our 2nd line for some reason though, I just feel that Gomez's speed would prevent teams from double-covering Jagr. Drury could definitely set up Shanahan and Avery or Prucha or whoever decides to flank the other two.

Old
10-06-2007, 02:01 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

I rocked this one for a while. Captain America. Clutch. American. You get it

Old
10-06-2007, 02:09 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I absolutely love the Jeter comparison, being a Yankee fan. It was exactly what I was thinking coming home from the game, Thursday night.

Not the hands down best in any single facet, but excellent in all. Complete, all-around player with the skill, smarts, desire, and leadership to take a team far.

I still see Drury on our 2nd line for some reason though, I just feel that Gomez's speed would prevent teams from double-covering Jagr. Drury could definitely set up Shanahan and Avery or Prucha or whoever decides to flank the other two.
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I really question Jeter's leadership qualities. He's much better when he's just a complimentary player. He's clutch and everything you described, but I'd rather someone else be heading my team

Drury on the other hand, you definitely won't have to convince me. I really can't think of a more humble player right now, aside from maybe Lidstrom and a few others

Closed Thread