HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Coyotes @ Preds - 10-11-07

Old
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

vCash: 500
too little, too late. But Yay.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Kramy

Game over?

Kramy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
yeah that would have been great 30 seconds ago.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:31 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Well at least Bonk scored not once but twice.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:33 PM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramy View Post
Game over?
yep 6-3 loss

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Well at least Bonk scored not once but twice.
I wish he'd get 1 more here at the end

nevermind 6-3. last one out hit the lights.

Old
10-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Bourdon

I'm a combined -12 over the last two days because of the Predators in my pool. I'm -13 when accounting for my other players.

EDIT: Actually -14, because of the empty netter.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:35 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobangobongo View Post
I'm a combined -12 over the last two days because of the Predators in my pool. I'm -13 when accounting for my other players.
On behalf of the Nashville Predators I offer you

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:43 PM
jstreet

Well this was our big turn around game last season. Coyotes havent beat us at home going back to 2002. Just a hard pill to swallow.

Old
10-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Matzel

Send a message via MSN to Matzel
Tootoo is a punk. He needs his clock cleaned by someone. Badly.

Matzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 11:35 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel View Post
Tootoo is a punk. He needs his clock cleaned by someone. Badly.
Isn't there a huge, classic HFBoards thread discussing this on the main forums?

But thanks for letting us know how you really feel.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 12:06 AM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Nice to see Bonk and Radulov chip in offensively... Rads finally getting some decent ice time on special teams, no surprise he finally lit the lamp.

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Bandit34

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Well this was our big turn around game last season. Coyotes havent beat us at home going back to 2002. Just a hard pill to swallow.
Don't worry, Nashville looks like a good and entertaining team. I see this team making the playoffs again.

Bandit34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 05:41 AM
lstcyr

Mason sits on thin ice
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....54/1328/SPORTS
Penalties, turnovers cost Predators victory
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....52/1328/SPORTS
Tootoo angry over dirty hit
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....53/1328/SPORTS

Sjostrom leads Coyotes past Predators
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...gamer1012.html

Last edited by lstcyr: 10-12-2007 at 05:49 AM.
lstcyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 07:16 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

1. We can't win a faceoff to save our life, it seems...at least not the important ones(PP\PK, i'm looking at you)

2. We're attempting the long-bomb breakout pass again, and I'm starting to see "finesse" try to creep back into our game. It will not work this year.

3. For as great as Mason's first two games were, his last two have been equally bad.

4. It's too early to panic.

5. Ville Koistinen doesn't look like an NHL defenseman, offensively or defensively

6. We miss Shea Weber's presence, badly

7. We miss Steve Sullivan almost as badly.

8. Hopefully the Ortmeyer on the top lines experiment has ended. It was painful to watch so closely( i was in 107 last night, as opposed to 327 where I normally sit)

9. Two goals(Reinprecht, Sjostrom number 2) were the result of "cute" attempts to clear the zone and playing the puck rather than the body. Suter was victimized on one, I'm not sure who the other one was, his back was facing the other way. DeVries maybe?

Anyway, on to the next one.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 07:31 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
1. We can't win a faceoff to save our life, it seems...at least not the important ones(PP\PK, i'm looking at you)

2. We're attempting the long-bomb breakout pass again, and I'm starting to see "finesse" try to creep back into our game. It will not work this year.

3. For as great as Mason's first two games were, his last two have been equally bad.

4. It's too early to panic.

5. Ville Koistinen doesn't look like an NHL defenseman, offensively or defensively

6. We miss Shea Weber's presence, badly

7. We miss Steve Sullivan almost as badly.

8. Hopefully the Ortmeyer on the top lines experiment has ended. It was painful to watch so closely( i was in 107 last night, as opposed to 327 where I normally sit)

9. Two goals(Reinprecht, Sjostrom number 2) were the result of "cute" attempts to clear the zone and playing the puck rather than the body. Suter was victimized on one, I'm not sure who the other one was, his back was facing the other way. DeVries maybe?

Anyway, on to the next one.
Agreed on all points. I also noticed the homerun pass has snuck back into the game plan. I was actually pleased not to see it in our first two games.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 09:14 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBCsalmonslayer View Post
Nice to see Bonk and Radulov chip in offensively... Rads finally getting some decent ice time on special teams, no surprise he finally lit the lamp.
his goal was officially given to fiddler

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 10:53 AM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Well, as a 'Yotes fan I'm glad we won, but I think when it comes down to it you guys are going to be in the post-season and we're going to be heat-transferring Steve Stamkos' name onto a Coyotes jersey for June...

I will say this about Tootoo -- he attempted two "intent to injure" plays last night. Rhino avoided his by a neat sidestep, but Winnik did not. Winnik was in Death Valley and so a very flimsy case could be made that he was as much to blame for getting hit as Tootoo was for hitting him. I'll say this for Jordin -- he's a terrific actor. The dive he took after Weller clotheslined him reminded me of Sean Avery. I suppose that means he did his job, seeing as how he drew the MP against Weller.

I really hope Nashville gets to keep the Preds. You guys deserve it and I'm pulling for you. Don't worry about losing to us -- even a broken clock is correct twice a day!

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 12:24 PM
jstreet

well thanks for the kind words but I must disagree on a point. Acting or no acting, a good clothesline stings like the dickens.

I encourage anyone who disagrees to gather their buddies and head out for a good game of Red Rover.

Old
10-12-2007, 01:23 PM
In The Flesh

Just wondering how Jed Ortmeyer has looked so far in the season for you guys? What do you think of him.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm surprised at the amount of Coyotes fans, in a sense, sticking up for Weller. Frankly, he should be suspended for at least 5 games.

10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Teal392511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm surprised at the amount of Coyotes fans, in a sense, sticking up for Weller. Frankly, he should be suspended for at least 5 games.
For what again? Grazing Tootoo's nose from the blindside? And what are Tootoo's exact lingering injuries from this "hit"?

His hit on Winnik is the exact thing the league is trying to dispose of. Smaller players like Tootoo have to play tough to hang with the big boys here, but jumping at a guys head in that area of the ice is too dangerous to condone. Him saying it was legal makes Pronger's "my elbow is at his head's height" excuse seem completely reasonable.

Now I realize there's past history between our teams (trying to Neely Cheechoo in the first game, Radulov on Bernier) so I want to keep it clean, but boy it's pretty embarassing to see Tootoo go down like that and stay down. I realize he was clotheslined from the blindside and was surprised, maybe, but hurt? His teammates didn't really check up on him while on the ice did they.

Teal392511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal392511 View Post
but boy it's pretty embarassing to see Tootoo go down like that and stay down. I realize he was clotheslined from the blindside and was surprised, maybe, but hurt?
His head hit kind of hard on the ice, I'm sure that dazed him. He feel backwards. It was a cheap shot clothesline. But you're welcome to somehow know that he was 'faking it'.

Quote:
His teammates didn't really check up on him while on the ice did they.
They were too busy keeping the Coyotes players from hitting him while he was down. But I guess they were in on it too.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal392511 View Post
For what again? Grazing Tootoo's nose from the blindside? And what are Tootoo's exact lingering injuries from this "hit"?

His hit on Winnik is the exact thing the league is trying to dispose of. Smaller players like Tootoo have to play tough to hang with the big boys here, but jumping at a guys head in that area of the ice is too dangerous to condone. Him saying it was legal makes Pronger's "my elbow is at his head's height" excuse seem completely reasonable.

Now I realize there's past history between our teams (trying to Neely Cheechoo in the first game, Radulov on Bernier) so I want to keep it clean, but boy it's pretty embarassing to see Tootoo go down like that and stay down. I realize he was clotheslined from the blindside and was surprised, maybe, but hurt? His teammates didn't really check up on him while on the ice did they.
Sorry, but Tootoo never left his feet and kept his arms and stick down throughout the hit. The only possible issue anyone can take with the hit is that it was probably a charge...although it wasn't penalized as such by the officials.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 07:43 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Sorry, but Tootoo never left his feet and kept his arms and stick down throughout the hit. The only possible issue anyone can take with the hit is that it was probably a charge...although it wasn't penalized as such by the officials.
Agreed.....those who disagree, look for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ym7Ii7lWY4

Weller was bent over, head down......and I am not sure that Tootoo didn't pull up from a Downey type delivery on the guy.

The recurring problem is the legality of high speed hits on a player coming out of "Death Valley" with the puck.
Your coming around the net which [in addition to the goalie] is blocking your view....your being chased and sticked by a trailing forward, while trying to keep the puck on your stick [often on your backhand] and trying to formulate your outlet pass. You are completely vulnerable to the "missile-lock type of hit" which, truth be known, could most of the time be ruled a charge. Until this unique area of the ice is recognized for its propensity to catastrophic hits, this will be a recurring emotionally charged discussion.

The most pathetic part of this whole video, however, is the supreme homerism of the call by the PHX announcers...

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote