HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chemistry

Old
10-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Jay88*

vCash: 500
Chemistry

I was listening to the pre game show on the raio and this came up.CHEMISTRY.And forgot who said it , but what they said was its no excuse. Look at the NYI's and Washington, both team sporting new guys I beleive Washington has 8 new guys and the Isles about the same and they are playing good hockey.

When you have a team with players like Drury, Gomez, Jagr,Straka and Shanny there is no excuse, these guys are world class talents make the big bucks cause they are worth it. At the skill level and proffessionals that the 5 I named are, there should be no excuses for them not find each other.And its very so true. Chemuistry been an excuse as NYR fans for years, but if recently there is none. these Rangers should be playing way better, no excuses. Also is it me or the last 3 games is Jagr looking a little lost, I mean im not worried about him producing, but maybe he is not 100% healthy, he just dont look him self. Also 3 games in is no excuse for the talent these 5 players have, although I hate to throw Drurys name in there as he has a couple points already and hit a post last night.

Discuss...............

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
we are only three games in to the season, I don't think it is any reason to panic. Chemistry is a funny thing though, some teams and players click right away, others it takes a little bit of time. I think Renney should mix up the lines a little bit and see what happens. Each game they play passes seem to be starting to connect better and better, within a short period of time we're going to start banging pucks in. As long as the King stands on his head, we'll continue to have chances to win games, but we need the offensive chemistry to start clicking...but it is coming!

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Fletch

Jay...

they mentioned that on OLN too (about chemistry and how it's not an excuse as the Isles had some turnover too). It comes down to coaching. Nolan did a better job preparing his team in the preseason. Perhaps he came up with a plan that worked, stuck with it and you see the fruits of that work now. Personally, I don't think Renney's as good a coach as Nolan, especially in preparing a team and getting his team fired up. I do believe that in time, though, Renney will find that winning combination (which will be when Jagr starts playing like Jagr).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 08:06 AM
boredmale

With the Islanders i think they went out and signed guys who would fit there system well so it not suprising they "gelling together" quick.

The Rangers went out and signed the best players. Since there is alot of style contrast on the Rangers it probably will take 25-30 games before they get a good feel for eachother. There will also be alot more mixing and matching of lines till something clicks. I expect rangers to play slightly above .500 those first 25-30 games then really start dominating.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
I agree no need to panic - but many fans of this here site immediately start blaming
Malik for the fact that we are losing games and not scoring goals.

There was a thread where fans were giving their estimate of where we would be after 10 games. A winning record would seems quite an achievable objective even at this point.

Do I see us as Cup contender - so far not.

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I also think it's worth noting that the Isles have played 3 more pre-season games and one more regular season game, and I do think that playing time has helped them gel more quickly. Back to back games this weekend will force the issue of "chemistry", and I think it will help this team. Also, the upcoming road trip to Atlanta & Boston should give the team some bonding time, too.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:13 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Yea, there is no need to panic. Its not like the Rangers assembled overpriced talent in the past only to watch it fail 7 straight years because there was no chemistry... oh wait, ******!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I was listening to the pre game show on the raio and this came up.CHEMISTRY.And forgot who said it , but what they said was its no excuse. Look at the NYI's and Washington, both team sporting new guys I beleive Washington has 8 new guys and the Isles about the same and they are playing good hockey.

When you have a team with players like Drury, Gomez, Jagr,Straka and Shanny there is no excuse, these guys are world class talents make the big bucks cause they are worth it. At the skill level and proffessionals that the 5 I named are, there should be no excuses for them not find each other.And its very so true. Chemuistry been an excuse as NYR fans for years, but if recently there is none. these Rangers should be playing way better, no excuses. Also is it me or the last 3 games is Jagr looking a little lost, I mean im not worried about him producing, but maybe he is not 100% healthy, he just dont look him self. Also 3 games in is no excuse for the talent these 5 players have, although I hate to throw Drurys name in there as he has a couple points already and hit a post last night.

Discuss...............
grammar.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 04:29 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
chemistry will come with time.

we just need to have patience and make sure we're winning enough games whilst keeping the monkey off the back until the chem comes...

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
I was listening to the pre game show on the raio and this came up. CHEMISTRY.And forgot who said it , but what they said was its no excuse.
I don't care what the so called "experts" are saying. It takes time for players to get used to playing with one another. When you have mediocre players playing together like you do on the Islanders and on the Caps then maybe it's easier for them but to put stars out on the ice like Drury, Gomez, Jagr, Shanahan and even Straka it's going to take time for those types of guys to gel. All of those guys are used to being the go-to guy on their respective teams. When you put all of these players together they sometimes defer the shots to each other too much instead of pulling the trigger. That's why I'm not always in favor of grabbing every all-star that comes available. Sometimes the top players don't always play that well together. But I do expect over time (say two months or so) these guys will lineup and play just as well as Ottawa played against us on Saturday night. It's just a matter of time.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 08:44 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

It's Malik's fault!!

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 08:50 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

I'm going to say it again and again until Renney figures it out finally:

Gomez is a PLAY-MAKER, Drury is more of a goal-scorer. Thus, Gomez HAS to play with Jagr in order for us to score consistently.

If any of you noticed, the few times that Gomez accidently ended up on the ice with Jagr, they had great chemistry! Gomez would skate into the offensive zone through the middle, then pass it to Jagr on the wing!

Drury has been playing rather well, working very hard at trying to score, because that is what he is best at. Sure, Drury can pass, but he does not have the same vision that Gomez does.

So again, the lines should be something like this:
Hossa - Gomez - Jagr
Shanahan - Drury - Straka

The problem with Renney is that he tends to over-think things. If Gomez and Jagr makes sense, just go for it. Yet Renney wants to overdo it by putting all the 30 goal scorers on one line.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Fletch

forsberg...

I agree that Gomez should be playing with Jagr, and a couple preseason games may've not been the best representative sample, but the logic can be switched: Shanny needs a playmaker and Jagr can setup Drury.

But if Renney insists on Drury with Jagr, then Straka should be the left winger; if he insists on Gomez as a second line centerman, then Prucha, a sniper, should be on his left wing.

Old
10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
TheHotRock

i set up a hotline where you can p hone in and be reassured that we'll be alright.

1-800-NYLANDER

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 11:39 AM
NYR Viper

i think it also doesnt help that jagr was hurt for part of preseason and that the lines have been changing constantly throughout preseason and.....just the gomez to drury change was huge....and then with drury gewtting kicked out of a game.....and then straka to hossa to jessiman.....there have been a lot of changes.....they will get there.....dont worry

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 11:44 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Just like last year, I think they have to take a step back before they can take 2 steps forward.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 11:52 AM
TheMetalChick*

Quote:
If youre talking outside of the city of Toronto, I agree with you.

Seriously though, it DOES take time for guys to learn how to work together. How else will they know where the other will be? Make passes and know where the others are headed? Any analyst that says that needing a bit of time to learn more about each others play is "no excuse" is expecting way too much even out of veteran players.

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
I'm going to say it again and again until Renney figures it out finally:

Gomez is a PLAY-MAKER, Drury is more of a goal-scorer. Thus, Gomez HAS to play with Jagr in order for us to score consistently.
I think you're wrong.. just the opposite and have been saying it all summer.. Why put two goal scorers together in Drury and Shanny? Shanny needs his playmaker, and Jagr and Drury are similar in that they both have above average playmaking AND goal scoring abilities.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Fletch

Avery...

Shanny scored 22 goals (12 even strength) in his first 30 games last season. Not a bad tally, and playing without a playmaker. He was on a decent pace. He should do well with Drury and is the type of player who could play with a guy like Drury, who isn't a pass first player, but is one who can still get the puck to Shanny.

Old
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i set up a hotline where you can p hone in and be reassured that we'll be alright.

1-800-NYLANDER

Too long, sorry. 1-800-MICHAEL may work .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMetalChick View Post
If youre talking outside of the city of Toronto, I agree with you.

Seriously though, it DOES take time for guys to learn how to work together. How else will they know where the other will be? Make passes and know where the others are headed? Any analyst that says that needing a bit of time to learn more about each others play is "no excuse" is expecting way too much even out of veteran players.
Well, I understand your point but, when you say understanding where players will be well i get it and I dont. games dont change much and wongers are wingers they are going to go to the same spots most of the time and in practice thats they work on. Knowing where each other will be. These guys are pros and veterans and been in the game for years and years, they are not a bunch of new kids and rookies. It shouldnt be that complicated. i know things take time, but for some reason i cant find much a excuse for these guys. Im not one to gte like this but with the players and there proven skills and contracts these guys should pick up on these things right away. It may sound silly but it is my opinion.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2007, 01:43 PM
300mph

i think it's clear that the entire team is just pressing to create some results. once they scored that one goal (gomez had a pretty good opportunity, but JUST missed), they'll settle down and get back on track.

not to mention, i think we're all making too big of a deal with this.

300mph is offline   Reply With Quote