HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

rbk 4k inline and ice skates

Old
09-04-2007, 11:56 PM
nyrmetros

vCash: 500
rbk 4k inline and ice skates

Here's the situation. I have flat feet. Flat feet and hockey are a bad combo. I had to give up hockey for a few years because of my flat feet. But I had to get back into it. I tried on 29 pairs of inline hockey skates before I finally found 1 that was actually comfy. The Reebok 4k inline skate has the flattest arch I've ever tried in a hockey skate. I can now play for hours and feel no feet pain. This has inspired me to get back into ice hockey, however here's my question. I noticed that RBK makes a 4k ice skate, but I was wondering if they are the same fit as the 4k inline. None of my local stores here in Queens/Long Island seem to carry this skate. I tried on a rbk 8k ice skate ($500), but it was hurting my feet as soon as I laced them up. Does anyone if the RBK 4k ice is the same fit as the rbk 4k inline? Cause if they are I would consider ordering them online. In addition, does anyone have the rbk inline or ice skate here? What do you think of the skate? And would mounting an ice hockey frame on the rbk 4k inline skates be an option?

thanx for any feedback.

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2007, 01:10 AM
nyrmetros

Some other ramblings while I am here. I play outdoor hockey at the local rink. it's a hard surface that chews up wheels. I am currently using the Hyper Pro asphault wheels - 72-76-76-80 config with 84A hardness. I bought them last month. I rotate my wheels after every game. However they are really strating to wear badly. my left skate wheels wear from the back to the front, and my right skate wheels wear from the front to the back. Does anyone else have this problem?

Does Hyper or Labeda make a better outdoor wheel?

Last edited by nyrmetros: 09-05-2007 at 01:29 AM.
Old
09-05-2007, 01:13 AM
nyrmetros

Another thing. I just noticed that rbk has a new line of inline skates coming out.

http://www.rollerhockeymonkey.com/new-items-rbk.html

They have a new 3k, 5k, 7k, and 8k.
Has anyone heard anything about the new skates?

I imagine the new 3k is probably an updated version of the current rbk 4k?

Old
09-11-2007, 12:05 PM
nyrmetros

any thoughts?

Old
09-11-2007, 12:35 PM
stick9

I bought my 8k's in September of 06 for $250.00. So needless to say, don't spend double on them.

Anyway, here you go. RBK 4k ice skates.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hs4ksr.html

And here is the updated 4k ice skate.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rbk-hock...tes-4k-sr.html

I'd assume they would be the same fit as the inline version. Key word being assume.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2007, 12:48 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I have pretty much flat feet as well. I do have a miniscule arch, though. I know this because when my foot's wet it makes a regular print on the floor.

Anyway, I use RBK 3Ks and I never felt any pain or discomfort even on the first day. Never had the skates baked or anything. Just put them on and they were comfy from the get go. So I assume the 4Ks would be the same.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2007, 12:14 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post
I bought my 8k's in September of 06 for $250.00. So needless to say, don't spend double on them.

I'd assume they would be the same fit as the inline version. Key word being assume.

thanx for the links. I wonder if any places in Queens/Long Island will have the '07 rbk 4k ice skates in stock. I really hope they fit the same as the inline 4k !!!

Old
09-12-2007, 12:16 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I have pretty much flat feet as well. I do have a miniscule arch, though. I know this because when my foot's wet it makes a regular print on the floor.

Anyway, I use RBK 3Ks and I never felt any pain or discomfort even on the first day. Never had the skates baked or anything. Just put them on and they were comfy from the get go. So I assume the 4Ks would be the same.
i think I have almost no arch at all. It sucks. Almost all shoes except new balance hurt my feet, and obvously finding a skate that fits is nearly impossible. oh well.

Old
09-16-2007, 12:26 PM
nyrmetros

I tried on the rbk 1k ice skates in Dicks sporting goods last night, but they only had a size 11 so I couldn't really tell how the thing fit. oh well.

Old
09-25-2007, 11:10 PM
nyrmetros

ok. I bought rbk 5k inline skates today. They were on clearance for $120. I was gonna buy a second pair of my rbk 4k inlines however I got the model up for the same price. Does anyone here have the rbk 5k inlines? what do you think of them? compared to the rbk 4k inlines?

I also tried on the rbk 5k ice skates. It's hard to tell how an ice skate feels in the store though....

Old
09-26-2007, 12:41 AM
windflare

They should be the same boot with different decor. If you tried on the 5Ks and they are pretty comfy, stick with it for ice. If you want to be sure, email a RBK rep at their site or post a topic at www.modsquadhockey.com at their ice hockey equipment section. Lots of knowledgeable folks on there.

For folks with wide and flat archs, you could also try out Salming F1s or Kors skates, but Kors are more expensive than RBK 4K skates, and Salmings, while being cheap on closeout on eBay (reliable seller) and being very good skates, have the downside of you not being able to try them out before you get them. They are very good skates though, with some reviews on MSH, but everybody's foot is different.

windflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2007, 11:24 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
They should be the same boot with different decor. If you tried on the 5Ks and they are pretty comfy, stick with it for ice. If you want to be sure, email a RBK rep at their site or post a topic at www.modsquadhockey.com at their ice hockey equipment section. Lots of knowledgeable folks on there.

For folks with wide and flat archs, you could also try out Salming F1s or Kors skates, but Kors are more expensive than RBK 4K skates, and Salmings, while being cheap on closeout on eBay (reliable seller) and being very good skates, have the downside of you not being able to try them out before you get them. They are very good skates though, with some reviews on MSH, but everybody's foot is different.
Thanx for the info. I love my rbk 4k inlines, and so I am hoping the 5k inlines aren't much different. And if my 5k inlines work well, then I will definately try out the ice 5k's. I wonder why rbk skates seem to be the only ones that my foot can fit into with it wanting to fall off.

Old
09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick9 View Post

Hmm I liked last year's model much better...

Reebok 6K Pump

However I have serious concerns about skates using 3 different sizes of wheels... As I wear my 1st and 4th wheel the most while skating...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 11:06 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
However I have serious concerns about skates using 3 different sizes of wheels... As I wear my 1st and 4th wheel the most while skating...
I have the same problem. my front and rear wheels wear worse than the middles. oh well. At least the skate is comfy for flat feet.

Old
09-27-2007, 11:46 PM
BigBearnier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Here's the situation. I have flat feet. Flat feet and hockey are a bad combo. I had to give up hockey for a few years because of my flat feet. But I had to get back into it. I tried on 29 pairs of inline hockey skates before I finally found 1 that was actually comfy. The Reebok 4k inline skate has the flattest arch I've ever tried in a hockey skate. I can now play for hours and feel no feet pain. This has inspired me to get back into ice hockey, however here's my question. I noticed that RBK makes a 4k ice skate, but I was wondering if they are the same fit as the 4k inline. None of my local stores here in Queens/Long Island seem to carry this skate. I tried on a rbk 8k ice skate ($500), but it was hurting my feet as soon as I laced them up. Does anyone if the RBK 4k ice is the same fit as the rbk 4k inline? Cause if they are I would consider ordering them online. In addition, does anyone have the rbk inline or ice skate here? What do you think of the skate? And would mounting an ice hockey frame on the rbk 4k inline skates be an option?

thanx for any feedback.

I've got the 4k inline skates and I agree, they're extremely comfortable.. If you wanted to spend the money, just buy the 4k inline skates and replace the wheels with a blade... easiest alternative IMO...

BigBearnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2007, 11:58 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCookieMonster View Post
I've got the 4k inline skates and I agree, they're extremely comfortable.. If you wanted to spend the money, just buy the 4k inline skates and replace the wheels with a blade... easiest alternative IMO...
yea except the 4k inline have the air vents in the toe area, probably not the best idea for ice skating.... ??

Old
10-10-2007, 12:02 AM
nyrmetros

well I just picked up the rbk 5k inlines on clearance for $120. Has anyone used this skate here? Thoughts on it. It seems like a very heavy skate for inline.

Old
10-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Robo-Pope

Quote:
any thoughts?
Yeah, I think you should figure out the location of the edit button.

Robo-Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 05:55 PM
TopProspect91

I have the RBK 4k inlines and I've had them for about a year and a half now and I must say they are amazing. I love the way they feel. Most comfortable hockey boot I've ever tried on. Plus, I actually like the fact that there is no pump because I usually tape my ankles anyways.

I do also have the 5K ICE skates. I have to admit, they are comfortable as well, but not as comfortable as the 4K inlines. Took a couple skates and a baking to finally break them in but they're good now. Only problem I really have with them is the weight (it's a heavy freakin' skate!).

I play more inline hockey then ice hockey so once my 4K's are done I think I am either going to buy the same exact pair again or actually move up and try the 8K's out. Tried them on at work and they felt amazing.

TopProspect91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 10:42 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopProspect91 View Post
I have the RBK 4k inlines and I've had them for about a year and a half now and I must say they are amazing. I love the way they feel. Most comfortable hockey boot I've ever tried on. Plus, I actually like the fact that there is no pump because I usually tape my ankles anyways.

I do also have the 5K ICE skates. I have to admit, they are comfortable as well, but not as comfortable as the 4K inlines. Took a couple skates and a baking to finally break them in but they're good now. Only problem I really have with them is the weight (it's a heavy freakin' skate!).

I play more inline hockey then ice hockey so once my 4K's are done I think I am either going to buy the same exact pair again or actually move up and try the 8K's out. Tried them on at work and they felt amazing.

yea, I've noticed that the rbk skates both inline and ice are the heaviest skates going. I wonder why that is.

Old
10-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
yea, I've noticed that the rbk skates both inline and ice are the heaviest skates going. I wonder why that is.
Pump, Pump PUMP me up!! Maybe all the extra stuff has something to do with it??

OT: You said you play in Whitestone right?? Where exactly is this rink?? I wanna check it out...

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 04:55 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0otHocKeySPeeD View Post

OT: You said you play in Whitestone right?? Where exactly is this rink?? I wanna check it out...

-B

The rink is located in George Harvey Park, right off the White Expessway and 20th ave. You're more than welcome to come play with us.

We play Monday night at 7pm, Tuesday nigt at 7pm, wednesday night at 7pm, thursday night at 7pm, sat morning at 11 am, sunday morning at 9 am, and sunday night at 7pm.

some days it's hit and miss in regards to numbers, goalies, etc... going there tonight though.

Old
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:

-B
I thought that, but my rbk 4k inline doesn't have a pump and my rbk 5k inline doesn't have a pump either and they are both heavy mother effers, especially the 5k, almost twice the weight of the 4k!

Old
10-16-2007, 12:59 AM
Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Send a message via AIM to Sm0otHocKeySPeeD
Quote:
The rink is located in George Harvey Park, right off the White Expessway and 20th ave. You're more than welcome to come play with us.

We play Monday night at 7pm, Tuesday nigt at 7pm, wednesday night at 7pm, thursday night at 7pm, sat morning at 11 am, sunday morning at 9 am, and sunday night at 7pm.

some days it's hit and miss in regards to numbers, goalies, etc... going there tonight though.
I'll stick to being a spectator for now as I can't really play at the moment.

I wish I could bud, you have no idea...

For more info check my "This sucks 3 surgeries" thread in this section. It's been a bumpy ride man. Just don't feel like posting it all over again.

I'll try and make it tomorrow night at 7 and come check it out. Look for me in a Rangers jersey and a cane LoL.

-B

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
I'll stick to being a spectator for now as I can't really play at the moment.

I wish I could bud, you have no idea...

For more info check my "This sucks 3 surgeries" thread in this section. It's been a bumpy ride man. Just don't feel like posting it all over again.

I'll try and make it tomorrow night at 7 and come check it out. Look for me in a Rangers jersey and a cane LoL.

-B
I'll be there Wednesday night at 7pm. dunno how many people will show, as I said, everyday it's hit or miss.