HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Higgins has got to bury his chances

Old
10-15-2007, 06:05 PM
plafleur10

vCash: 500
Higgins has got to bury his chances!

I don't know if you have noted, Chris Higgins is playing great, getting tons of chances, but he seems to have some trouble putting it in.

Again Saturday, in the final seconds, he fanned on a perfect chance right in the near slot, just before the 'Canes scored their empty netter...

Let's hope he does not suffer the "Rejean Houle syndrome" as the older ones among us will rember poor Rejean was very skilled, but could not have scored in an empty soccer net...

BTW, quick question, is this fellow Michael Ryder still playing for the Habs, haven't noticed him on the ice yet this year?

plafleur10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Turbo

This needed a thread?

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post
BTW, quick question, is this fellow Michael Ryder still playing for the Habs, haven't noticed him on the ice yet this year?
I don't get it...When Ryder does nothing but score, people complain. When Ryder does everything else people have been asking of him, like backchecking, hitting, passing, people still complain...

You want him to do both? He isn't a superstar...The guy hasn't exactly been bad out there, he's creating chances and setting up nice plays.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mike8

Are you serious, re: Ryder? He's had a very good start, as far as effort goes.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
TroyM

Quote:
I think Ryder has had a great start. He was aggravating even patient ol'me last year with his play at times (that damn deke of his, haha) but he is really making things happen out there and starting to find better places to shoot from... he hasn't been amazing but when that top line clicks as they have a few times they look as good as they ever have and are really dangerous, and instead of detracting from that I think Ryder is actually a part of their success, when they have it of course.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 06:11 PM
Clumsyhab

Our first line is gonna explode when Higgins/Ryder score on their chances, mostly Higgins. At the start of last season, Higgs played like this year, but he scored on his chance. He had like 8 goals in 16 games before his injury. I'm sure a healthy Koivu/Higgins duo could get Koivu 80 points and Higgins/Ryder 30 goals +. And btw, Ryder makes more passes this year, maybe even too much!

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Are you serious, re: Ryder? He's had a very good start, as far as effort goes.
He's 2nd in shots behind Higgins. He'll score....just give him time.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
Blades 0f Steel

I'd watch what you say. He might not have learned how to bury his chances, but he did learn Yoga Fire from Dahlsim in the off-season.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Kirk Muller

I am more worried when players aren't getting chances.

See: Guillaume Latendresse.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:15 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostitsyntheBagBaby View Post
I'd watch what you say. He might not have learned how to bury his chances, but he did learn Yoga Fire from Dahlsim in the off-season.

Hahaha what a reference...

(Yes I am aware that the move in the picture is actually Yoga Flame)

waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I am more worried when players aren't getting chances.

See: Guillaume Latendresse.
there are already numerous Latendresse threads. you shouldn't be worried about players who play 10 mintues per game without any PP time not getting many scoring chances anyhow, or you going to be worried by numerous players all season long.

Higgins will start finding the back of the net more regurlarly. Ryder is playing well, he's hanging on too the puck for a little too long imo. thats my one small issue with him right now.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
there are already numerous Latendresse threads. you shouldn't be worried about players who play 10 mintues per game without any PP time not getting many scoring chances anyhow, or you going to be worried by numerous players all season long.

Higgins will start finding the back of the net more regurlarly. Ryder is playing well, he's hanging on too the puck for a little too long imo. thats my one small issue with him right now.
Are you going to defend the poor French Canadiens all season long? Cause that is basically what you do.

If you don't like people discussing the good and bad to the season, just do us all a favor and leave.

But let me guess, if i put See: Kostitsyn, i wouldn't of got a response out of you.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:30 PM
znk

Just stick a habs logo on this and we can use it in these situations.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:33 PM
CHice

Send a message via MSN to CHice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Our first line is gonna explode when Higgins/Ryder score on their chances, mostly Higgins. At the start of last season, Higgs played like this year, but he scored on his chance. He had like 8 goals in 16 games before his injury. I'm sure a healthy Koivu/Higgins duo could get Koivu 80 points and Higgins/Ryder 30 goals +. And btw, Ryder makes more passes this year, maybe even too much!
ya he could have had 50 goals saturdaynight, he was in great position many times. but he passed

CHice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:36 PM
tiredman

Quote:
Are you going to defend the poor French Canadiens all season long? Cause that is basically what you do.

If you don't like people discussing the good and bad to the season, just do us all a favor and leave.

But let me guess, if i put See: Kostitsyn, i wouldn't of got a response out of you.
And what does it have to do with a thread about Higgins ?

The guy didn't even talk about language or nationality

tiredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Reuben

Quote:

yup i'll defend 20 year olds all season long, regardless of what langauges they can speak or not speak. makes no difference to me apparently it does to you. i got a question for you though would you or others be relentlessy bashing Latendresse if his name was Kostitsyn or something else? yeah no need to awnser i already know.

your the guy who freaks out when someone is even slightly critical of Koivu are you not? the fact that your the one lecturing me speaks volumes about you. yup i'll rememeber this comment next time you have a spazz when someones says something less than complimtary about koivu.

i give you this line below that you gave me.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:21 AM
Prrebel

Quote:
Wow! Have you watched any games this year. Go back and watch the replays then come back and tell us who has been setting Higgins up for most of his great chances. Higgins could have 10 goals by now with Ryder having 10 assists.
Mike has played his ass off every game and has been getting his own chances. He's hitting , skating, and backchecking. He has been one of our most consistent players through our first 4 games.

Just watch... the minute he has an off game the "nay sayer", "fair weather", "pessimistic" fans will be out in full force, calling for his head. Makes me sick.

Prrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Form and Substance

Ryder's all around game has improved quite a bit. He passes way more, shoots when he can and is responsible enough defensively not to be noticed. Ryder's playing like a true first liner. In fact the whole first line has been very consistent so far. Considering my hopes aren't too big for this season, so far so good is all I can say.

Form and Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:

Dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:45 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
I want to see Komisarek give Tucker a Tiger Uppercut.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:50 AM
Toro

HIggins had a short training camp cause he was still recovering from his injury/surgery(not sure if he had surgery) and is still finding his stride and timing etc. Im not worried about him. Higgins will start to bury his chances and we will go on a roll.

Ryder has been playing well and he too will benefit when higgins starts burying his chances. I like our team, its just not lined up right with laps in Hamilton and grabs not being completely effective or even playing. Im hoping for things to settle down once laps is recalled and we get to the deadline when we get that top center to bump our centers to a: New guy, Koivu, Pleks, Chips. we will be deadly in the playoffs. mark my words. If gainey gets that center earlier, well then we go all the way to the top 4 in the east and get home ice in the first round baby.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Darz

Quote:
I don't know if you have noted, Chris Higgins is playing great, getting tons of chances, but he seems to have some trouble putting it in.

Again Saturday, in the final seconds, he fanned on a perfect chance right in the near slot, just before the 'Canes scored their empty netter...

Let's hope he does not suffer the "Rejean Houle syndrome" as the older ones among us will rember poor Rejean was very skilled, but could not have scored in an empty soccer net...
Well, this is the reason Chris Higgins is never going to be a 40-50 goal scorer in the NHL. If he was better at putting home his chances, he would be a top caliber goal scorer in the NHL. Instead, Chris is a hard working, no real weakness, 30 goal guy.

Quote:
I don't think Ryder has played that bad to date. He seems to have his hustle of two years ago back, but seems to be getting frusterated with his lack of chances in the offensive zone, and carry the puck a little too much. Ryder, imo, is at his best when he dishes off the puck and tries to find open ice. Right now, again imo, he is carry the puck a little too much. He's got to leave that to Koivu, Higgy, Markov, etc.

10-16-2007, 08:43 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
As I recall he was the only one to score on Cam Ward last game.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 08:54 AM
otto bond

Higgins will get rolling, I pretty sure of it. You rarely see players dominating like he is and score less then 20 goals. Ryder...hahaha Ryder is much better this year. You can tell he like playing with Higgins.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77otto View Post
Higgins will get rolling, I pretty sure of it. You rarely see players dominating like he is and score less then 20 goals. Ryder...hahaha Ryder is much better this year. You can tell he wants a fat contract.
Fixed

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote