HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

great Avery interview

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2007, 07:03 PM
  #26
Blue Dot
F0rsbergFan21
 
Blue Dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 3,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
You haven't been here long enough have you? He was called many things and that was one of them. I've been a bit of an Avery fan since his Detroit days...so i've seen the hate he gets and a lot of the names he gets called.
+1

anyone that strolls through the threads will see massive avery hate.

especially pre-playoffs when he said he hated all the Sabres and stuff. peeps were ripping him all over the place.

loved the article. thx for the thread.

Blue Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 07:04 PM
  #27
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I dont think anyone makes him out as a moron, so i dont know where you get that from. He is looked at as more of a smart ass and instigator with a big mouth. I dont think i have heard anyone say he is a moron.
He gets called much, much worse things around this forum and elsewhere. Most of it of course comes from annoyed rival fans, but still. I know most LA fans liked him when he was there, and still do

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 07:07 PM
  #28
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
He gets called much, much worse things around this forum and elsewhere. Most of it of course comes from annoyed rival fans, but still. I know most LA fans liked him when he was there, and still do
But being hated and being considered a moron are 2 absolultey different things, so there is no comparison, and for that other guys comments,well I been coming here for about 3 or 4 years, just never registered till lately, cause i have some free time at the moment to talk.

i know he is hated, but just becuase he is hated dopesnt make him stupid, or moronic or what ever the kid said people consider him.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 07:14 PM
  #29
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
since he walks to the garden, do you think he walks back after games, maybe he takes a cab, or jagr gives him a lift.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
  #30
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
since he walks to the garden, do you think he walks back after games, maybe he takes a cab, or jagr gives him a lift.
I wonder what Jagr drives....?

Pulling out of the parking garage Friday night and we almost plowed into Dave Maloney walking to his car.

Pogo--- No one ever said that polygamy couldn't go the other way with an entire Hockey team I have a soft spot for Henri but JJ will always be my #1. I've got the license plates to prove it.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 07:54 PM
  #31
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 500
Guns, Germs and Steel eh? Great book. I was definitely in the camp that believed Aves was a moron but I guess you do need to have somewhat of a brain to be such a good instigator.

If I ever own a "lovely cashmere throw" though, I might have to slit my wrists. Anyone else think he said that just to be a dick?

Synergy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
  #32
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
Guns, Germs and Steel eh? Great book. I was definitely in the camp that believed Aves was a moron but I guess you do need to have somewhat of a brain to be such a good instigator.

If I ever own a "lovely cashmere throw" though, I might have to slit my wrists. Anyone else think he said that just to be a dick?
No id ont, look at the style he is into. He wants to be a dclothing designer and editor for a clothing magazine, no I doubt he was being a dick. I could understand where you are coming from, but I just cant tell.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 08:11 PM
  #33
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rsbergFan21 View Post
+1

anyone that strolls through the threads will see massive avery hate.

especially pre-playoffs when he said he hated all the Sabres and stuff. peeps were ripping him all over the place.

loved the article. thx for the thread.
+1

He's not the only one...check out Miller on NHL TV

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 08:21 PM
  #34
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27 View Post
Guns, Germs and Steel eh? Great book. I was definitely in the camp that believed Aves was a moron but I guess you do need to have somewhat of a brain to be such a good instigator.

If I ever own a "lovely cashmere throw" though, I might have to slit my wrists. Anyone else think he said that just to be a dick?
Same here, I hope so, I have to question any dude that gets into cashmere throws?????

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 08:49 PM
  #35
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
He sounds fine to me, he just played an intense game and Im sure he is exhausted. I know when Im done with a 2 hour roller hockey game Im tired as hell. So I mean Im sure the guy just wants to go home and relax, and not sit there and be interviewed. I must say the fed ex and UPS comment was funny. And when he says a small UPS trucks, well UPS has 2 different size box trucks as well as trailors, so i dont think there was anything moronic about that comment.
OK HERE IS THE DEAL! I'm a former UPSer (yuck) the package cars come in the following sizes 5 ft cube, 8 ft cubes & 10 ft cubes, there are also some 7 cubes running around, they are wider & lower to the ground, those are the newer ones
5 cubes are manily used as Air cars & split cars, they are normally not assigned regular routes, 7 & 8ft cubes are usually 99% residental use, 10 cubs are mixed use residental & commercial or 100% commercial, in a rare instance, usually on a heavy industrial/commercial route you will see a 12ft package car.

hope that clears it up.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 09:16 PM
  #36
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
OK HERE IS THE DEAL! I'm a former UPSer (yuck) the package cars come in the following sizes 5 ft cube, 8 ft cubes & 10 ft cubes, there are also some 7 cubes running around, they are wider & lower to the ground, those are the newer ones
5 cubes are manily used as Air cars & split cars, they are normally not assigned regular routes, 7 & 8ft cubes are usually 99% residental use, 10 cubs are mixed use residental & commercial or 100% commercial, in a rare instance, usually on a heavy industrial/commercial route you will see a 12ft package car.

hope that clears it up.
What you didn't like it? I worked at ups sorting ****, too many zip codes.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 09:21 PM
  #37
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
What you didn't like it? I worked at ups sorting ****, too many zip codes.
Nah hates it, i was a driver, i was so bored during the day, it was the same thing day in & day out, everyone there was miserable, the suprtvisors were even more miserable trhan the drivers, & most of them made close to or low 6 figures, it was as thankless a job as I ever experianced.
A UPSer's badge of honor is how many times he has been "cut" as in hernia operations, if u did not have @ least two scares from operations u weren't working hard enough.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 09:29 PM
  #38
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,216
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
OK HERE IS THE DEAL! I'm a former UPSer (yuck) the package cars come in the following sizes 5 ft cube, 8 ft cubes & 10 ft cubes, there are also some 7 cubes running around, they are wider & lower to the ground, those are the newer ones
5 cubes are manily used as Air cars & split cars, they are normally not assigned regular routes, 7 & 8ft cubes are usually 99% residental use, 10 cubs are mixed use residental & commercial or 100% commercial, in a rare instance, usually on a heavy industrial/commercial route you will see a 12ft package car.

hope that clears it up.
That's swell and all but what difference does it make? Would you be able to tell what footage cube of a delivery truck you were actually hit by?

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2007, 09:33 PM
  #39
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
That's swell and all but what difference does it make? Would you be able to tell what footage cube of a delivery truck you were actually hit by?
Actually, yes I could, by the postion & height of the bumper.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 08:00 AM
  #40
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
OK HERE IS THE DEAL! I'm a former UPSer (yuck) the package cars come in the following sizes 5 ft cube, 8 ft cubes & 10 ft cubes, there are also some 7 cubes running around, they are wider & lower to the ground, those are the newer ones
5 cubes are manily used as Air cars & split cars, they are normally not assigned regular routes, 7 & 8ft cubes are usually 99% residental use, 10 cubs are mixed use residental & commercial or 100% commercial, in a rare instance, usually on a heavy industrial/commercial route you will see a 12ft package car.

hope that clears it up.
I never knew all those details, even though my father works for UPS for 34 years and my brother works there part time while he goes for his PHD. but never rea.ly bothered to ask them about the truck sizes I just go by what i see on the street.

As for the Yuck part my father feels the same as for my br=rother he hates but does it cause he needs the benefits. Im in the Carpenters UNion and in and out of work, so i was trying to get in, but my Father refused,so with the luck threw out some resumes and got 2 calls one for Coned and one for MTA took both tests and passed, so now I have to wait on an interview from Con ed. And thank God for that.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 08:32 AM
  #41
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
I never knew all those details, even though my father works for UPS for 34 years and my brother works there part time while he goes for his PHD. but never rea.ly bothered to ask them about the truck sizes I just go by what i see on the street.

As for the Yuck part my father feels the same as for my br=rother he hates but does it cause he needs the benefits. Im in the Carpenters UNion and in and out of work, so i was trying to get in, but my Father refused,so with the luck threw out some resumes and got 2 calls one for Coned and one for MTA took both tests and passed, so now I have to wait on an interview from Con ed. And thank God for that.
Con-ed is a good deal, I have friends & family that work there, be prepared to work there for a long time, no 20 & out there

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 08:43 AM
  #42
Jay88*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Con-ed is a good deal, I have friends & family that work there, be prepared to work there for a long time, no 20 & out there
My cousin is an Enginer with them. What do you mean be prepared to work a long time, no 20 & out there.

All i can say is its steady work un like the Carpenters Unionand they get plenty of OT, the pay is a little less then what i top out at now, but if I get it Im taking it no questiions at all.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 08:48 AM
  #43
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
And when he says a small UPS trucks, well UPS has 2 different size box trucks as well as trailors, so i dont think there was anything moronic about that comment.
Not that he sounded moronic, just seems really funny (strange?) that he would take the time to appeal to the UPS fans and the FEDEX fans. Most people would just say "a small truck".

I think this interview proves how much of a genius he is.

__________________
Fantasy sports betting at FakePuppy - Pick moneylines, over/unders and spreads. Totally free.
abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 09:04 AM
  #44
Kostik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Sean is a fashion and Radiohead freak?
Moving up on my player favourite list

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 09:16 AM
  #45
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 13,006
vCash: 500
Pregame music - TOOL



oh yeah.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 10:42 AM
  #46
Pogo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Israel
Country: Israel
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
I wonder what Jagr drives....?

Pulling out of the parking garage Friday night and we almost plowed into Dave Maloney walking to his car.

Pogo--- No one ever said that polygamy couldn't go the other way with an entire Hockey team I have a soft spot for Henri but JJ will always be my #1. I've got the license plates to prove it.
Nonetheless, don't know if JJ is the kind of guy who wouldn't let his ego get hurt by having to share you. Let alone the psychological damage Henrik might receive knowing that he's your plan B. AND if that wasn't enough, you want to add Avery to the mix?! I don't know Ash, I think you would kill the lockerroom chemistry (like we have any right now). Sounds to me like you're a bad influence on the team right now.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 01:00 PM
  #47
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,943
vCash: 500
I personally think he sounds like a jack ass and a very depressing person, but that's just me. Either way, as long as he plays good hockey I could care less what kind of a person he is as long as he's not a criminal.


Last edited by WhipNash27: 10-15-2007 at 01:05 PM.
WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
  #48
Jeds2StepOpus
Registered User
 
Jeds2StepOpus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
I personally think he sounds like a jack ass and a very depressing person, but that's just me. Either way, as long as he plays good hockey I could care less what kind of a person he is as long as he's not a criminal.
Sounds to me he's an artistic person ......as well as being an athlete. Not exactly an easy balancing act to do.

There's obviously two sides to Sean Avery. The rough, nasty, trouble-making pest of an athlete; and the sensitive, thoughtful, creative Sean Avery. I think that's pretty cool. Certainly illustrates and debunks the perception that some people have of guys like Avery, as one-dimensional cement heads.

I think you'll find that many artistic people get their creative inspirations or artistic juices flowing from sadness or depressing subject matters.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
  #49
Smashley
Registered User
 
Smashley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rawlbany, NY
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Nonetheless, don't know if JJ is the kind of guy who wouldn't let his ego get hurt by having to share you. Let alone the psychological damage Henrik might receive knowing that he's your plan B. AND if that wasn't enough, you want to add Avery to the mix?! I don't know Ash, I think you would kill the lockerroom chemistry (like we have any right now). Sounds to me like you're a bad influence on the team right now.
Hahahahaaa.... love it.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
  #50
The Thomas J.*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 18,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
My cousin is an Enginer with them. What do you mean be prepared to work a long time, no 20 & out there.

All i can say is its steady work un like the Carpenters Unionand they get plenty of OT, the pay is a little less then what i top out at now, but if I get it Im taking it no questiions at all.
From what I understand your age & your service has to equal either 65 or75, I forget, so the younger you are when you start the longer you will be working there.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.