HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Arizona Sports Thread (MLB, NFL, NBA, Devils, Cats, etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2007, 11:12 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

vCash: 500
Well looks the the Backs are done. Melvin is in part to blame, he needs to learn how and when to pull a pitcher. Papa Fri and now Owings. We just cant get a break.

BTW why in heavns name do the Folks in Denver allow drunk fans to carry into the ballpark brooms? That is a law suit waiting to happen.

Old
10-16-2007, 12:48 AM
XX
... Waiting

Too bad the D'Backs won't spend money. We need more pitching. Randy Johnson wouldn't have helped I don't think. O-dog would though, for sure.

We have any wonderkids coming up that are good pitchers?

Old
10-16-2007, 12:59 AM
PuckHeadDave

I thought they did very well. No one expected them to be contenders, and they had the best record in the NL. Good job boys.

Old
10-16-2007, 01:07 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I think we have a bonifide rival. COL played well, but also we just couldn't get a break, the mental errors. I think we beat ourselfs ultimatly. Can someone for the love of god address the following before April:

Someone explain to Mark Renyolds that everytime hes at the plate he doesn't have to swing for the fences.

Big Pappa has a shelf life of 30 pitches.

We need a starter to replace LeVo and we have to count on Randy for absolutly nothing. IF e resumes the old form, thats just bonus time.

We also need to shore up the 5th starter and I don't think we have it in our system. That Matt Schurzer (spelling) might be able to fill that roll.

Can Steve Nash play 2nd Base?

Old
10-16-2007, 01:08 AM
coyoteshockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Too bad the D'Backs won't spend money. We need more pitching. Randy Johnson wouldn't have helped I don't think. O-dog would though, for sure.

We have any wonderkids coming up that are good pitchers?
Max Scherzer is probably the best of the bunch, but probably a year away and might max out as a middle of the rotation guy. Wonderkid is probably too strong of a description for him. Dana Eveland has electric stuff, but can't seem to stay healthy. Brett Anderson might have more upside than any other pitcher in the system, but he's like a year removed from his high school graduation and suffered a concussion towards the tail end of the minor league season. There's also Yusmeiro Petit who put together some decent numbers in AAA and in the bigs, he might get a shot at the fifth spot in the rotation this spring.

Old
10-16-2007, 11:53 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteshockeyfan View Post
There's also Yusmeiro Petit who put together some decent numbers in AAA and in the bigs, he might get a shot at the fifth spot in the rotation this spring.

He looked terable up with the big club this year. He was so bad they brought in BY Kim to try to fill that roll.

Old
10-16-2007, 01:25 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

The Rockies deserved to win. The run they've been on has been the stuff of legends. All I can tell their boosters who have been talking smack this morning over at AZCentral is that it took them long enough to get into the post-season...

And the Diamondbacks deserved to lose -- they played a horrid NLCS -- but they don't deserve to be excoriated. BoMel played his hand as if he had the same team he had that swept the Cubs... but the youngsters simply buckled under the pressure and Byrnes let his mouth speak louder than his performance.

The D'Backs will be back. Meanwhile, I hope the Rockies continue this amazing run... imagine if they swept the Series...

Old
10-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 50
Since no one has posted this I'll say it.

Rackers sucks ass.

Old
10-21-2007, 07:48 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Since no one has posted this I'll say it.

Rackers sucks ass.
Yeah, he only set the single season NFL record for field goals made. Seriously you are asking the guy to kick near his career long and he just barely missed. I can live with him.

Old
10-27-2007, 04:58 PM
XX
... Waiting

ASU better win tonight and go 8-0. Koetter couldn't do **** in California (against any school) so it's time to reverse that curse.

Old
10-27-2007, 05:55 PM
coyoteshockeyfan

ASU! ASU! ASU!

Old
10-28-2007, 12:51 AM
diceone

ASU looks like their going to take this game. They're one hell of a second half team. It'll be interesting to see where they end up in the rankings tomorrow.

Old
10-28-2007, 01:02 AM
XX
... Waiting

Ducks will bury them if they play that way.

Old
10-28-2007, 01:56 AM
coyoteshockeyfan

That game would have been a blowout if it weren't for some ridiculous officiating. Missing the Carpenter facemask gave Cal 7 extra points, plus that "inadvertent signal" cost ASU a first and goal situation and put the ball back in Cal's hands instead. Still a great effort tonight despite the slow start.

Old
10-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Bandit34

Quote:
That game would have been a blowout if it weren't for some ridiculous officiating. Missing the Carpenter facemask gave Cal 7 extra points, plus that "inadvertent signal" cost ASU a first and goal situation and put the ball back in Cal's hands instead. Still a great effort tonight despite the slow start.
I was at the game last night and everyone in stands saw the facemask. Penalty after another. I'm pretty sure the refs were making stuff up. We booed the refs off the field and then the annoucer told us to show "good sportsmanship" so we booed even louder.

ASU looked like a totally different team in the 2nd half than in the 1st.

OT:I notice some of you guys go to ASU, did you guys go to any sweet Halloween parties? There were so ****** many.

Old
10-29-2007, 07:07 PM
coyoteshockeyfan

End of an era in Arizona sports -- the Rattlers have parted ways with Sherdrick Bonner. It's amazing, he's been around for longer and is probably more well known than many of the Arizona athletes that actually play in the four major sports.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...tlers1027.html

Old
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
coyoteshockeyfan

Quote:
End of an era in Arizona sports -- the Rattlers have parted ways with Sherdrick Bonner. It's amazing, he's been around for longer and is probably more well known than many of the Arizona athletes that actually play in the four major sports.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...tlers1027.html
And now from the department of the truly bizarre... the Rattlers (4-12 last season) have announced that they will refund every season ticket holder if they do not make the playoffs next season, no strings attached. That's just plain gutsy for a team that nearly moved/folded not long ago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/afl/...ory?id=3087219

Old
11-02-2007, 12:48 AM
diceone

The Suns won their season opener tonight in Seattle. For the most part they played terrible but it was a fun game to watch. Kevin Durant has a chance to be something special, I can't wait to see him in a few years.

Old
11-02-2007, 01:56 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceone View Post
The Suns won their season opener tonight in Seattle. For the most part they played terrible but it was a fun game to watch. Kevin Durant has a chance to be something special, I can't wait to see him in a few years.
Why does this kid have to be in our conference? He was Kobe-like in his presence and it was only his second game. The Suns played like crap and won with one little scoring spurt. Marion just isn't trying out there like he used to. He wasn't going for loose balls or anything. Amare was baaad. Everyone was bad, actually.

The Suns play pretty stale when they don't have a crowd to feed off of.

ASU better win! The entire season comes down to this game!

Old
12-01-2007, 08:28 PM
coyoteshockeyfan

Go ASU!

Old
12-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Bandit34

The catch by McGaha(white guy) was one of the best I have ever seen.

Old
12-01-2007, 09:59 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Was that the asu shovel pass for the TD? that was an amazing hilight. come on Fiest Bowl, I want Chips and Salsa.

Old
12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
Was that the asu shovel pass for the TD? that was an amazing hilight. come on Fiest Bowl, I want Chips and Salsa.
If they go to the Fiesta bowl we would get to see the REAL team that should play in the UPIG. Not those clowns in red jerseys.

Old
12-01-2007, 10:24 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

"living the dream" how can you not love ASU? That dance team makes me contenplate going back for my 3rd degree.

Old
12-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Bandit34

My high school(Desert Vista) went to state for football. It was a pretty good game but Brophey managed to win. I was on the scoreboard a couple of times, it was frickin awsome!

Closed Thread