Old
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Goalie27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't see Ax as anywhere close to one of the league's best penalty killers. He certainly doesn't compare to guys like Pahlsson and Draper.
Why's that? Because he's not very physical? He's great at reading and breaking up plays, intercepting passes, and creating turnovers. How is he not a good PKer?

Goalie27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddehJuS View Post
I'd assume that if Morris is wanted, the Coyotes would want Lucic back in some form of the proposal. I'm not saying the value is there or even proposing. Though, Maloney has stated he wants to build the Coyotes around young Canadian kids who grew up wanting the cup from a very young age, so take that for what it's worth.
Never. Going. To Happen.

If PHX is able to get a blue chip prospect for Morris, I'll be impressed. He's playing well now, but for 2 years he's been average and hasn't played up to his contract.

Does Morris remind anyone else of Brad Stuart? All the physical tools to be a legit #2 dman, but very inconsistent and when he's off, very prone to turnovers and mental mistakes.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
cneely

He's adequate, but I don't necessarily think he's any better than guys like Bergeron or Sturm. It's just that they're better suited to getting ice time that will make use of their offensive skills.

For what its worth, I actually think Kobasew does about the same job on the PK that Axelsson does.

cneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
Oh, and there's not a snowball's chance in hell Phoenix would ever get Lucic for Morris. Maybe a guy like Marchand, but asking for Lucic is asking to be hung up on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Never. Going. To Happen.

If PHX is able to get a blue chip prospect for Morris, I'll be impressed. He's playing well now, but for 2 years he's been average and hasn't played up to his contract.
Quote:
I'd assume that if Morris is wanted, the Coyotes would want Lucic back in some form of the proposal. I'm not saying the value is there or even proposing. Though, Maloney has stated he wants to build the Coyotes around young Canadian kids who grew up wanting the cup from a very young age, so take that for what it's worth.

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Get used to it, people here don't read. They see Lucic's name in a trade thread and jump all over you.

Goalie27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:59 AM
PlayMakers

Buddhejus, no one is atttacking you or saying you made that proposal or said they're equal value. You commented on Phx wanting Lucic, and we responded with Boston's expected retort. For all intents & purposes, Lucic is untouchable.

Old
10-16-2007, 12:07 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

How many of you wish we had traded Kalus for Morris instead?

VeddarRants is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 01:48 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
How many of you wish we had traded Kalus for Morris instead?
That would assume Kalus would be enough to get it done.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Well hey that's cool, we'll take Mueller off your hands then... him being American and all.

I assume Lucic would be asked for in most offers, but in reality, if the B's management did trade him, there would be a complete rebellion. I don't blame you for wanting him on your team, he's an exciting kid.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayMaker View Post
Buddhejus, no one is atttacking you or saying you made that proposal or said they're equal value. You commented on Phx wanting Lucic, and we responded with Boston's expected retort. For all intents & purposes, Lucic is untouchable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Well hey that's cool, we'll take Mueller off your hands then... him being American and all.

I assume Lucic would be asked for in most offers, but in reality, if the B's management did trade him, there would be a complete rebellion. I don't blame you for wanting him on your team, he's an exciting kid.
Oh okay, seemed a bit hostile when I mentioned his name, lol. But, I guess message boards can be misleading in regards to emotion. To be honest, I sort of forgot about Marchand. He was on the WJC's last year right? Also, wore the A if I remeber correctly, I could be wrong. He could be of interest to us as well. Who knows? I'm horrible at proposals.

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Oh okay, seemed a bit hostile when I mentioned his name, lol. But, I guess message boards can be misleading in regards to emotion. To be honest, I sort of forgot about Marchand. He was on the WJC's last year right? Also, wore the A if I remeber correctly, I could be wrong. He could be of interest to us as well. Who knows? I'm horrible at proposals.
Interesting that Marchand was signed today... kind of weird timing perhaps.... perhaps he is going to Pheonix for Morris? Most likely not, but it is interesting none-the-less.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 07:58 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Interesting that Marchand was signed today... kind of weird timing perhaps.... perhaps he is going to Pheonix for Morris? Most likely not, but it is interesting none-the-less.
I just posted the same thing in the Marchand thread. The timing is a little curious is all. Marchand can't even play a pro game until April at the earliest. And I could see how a team wouldn't want to deal for a player who's unsigned.