HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Vokoun

Old
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Vokoun plays better as he faces more shots. Which is perfect for the Predators because they tend to give up a lot of shots but not from prime scoring locations.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 09:06 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Vokoun with a mediocre performance again. The game winner was vintage Vokoun.

It's good, however, to see Vokoun back on TV though. He has a great ad for Breast Cancer Awareness where he has a line or two. Each word is brutal, and the awkwardness is, as the 2nd goal for NJ, vintage Vokoun.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Vokoun with a mediocre performance again. The game winner was vintage Vokoun.

It's good, however, to see Vokoun back on TV though. He has a great ad for Breast Cancer Awareness where he has a line or two. Each word is brutal, and the awkwardness is, as the 2nd goal for NJ, vintage Vokoun.
If anyone has this I beg you to post a link.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Vokoun plays better as he faces more shots. Which is perfect for the Predators because they tend to give up a lot of shots but not from prime scoring locations.
You know how many top 10 snipers there are in the Eastern Conference as compared to the Western Conference? ... its not even funny/close ... lemme pull the top 10 list up from last years goals scored stat page ...

Vinny, Heater, Ovechkin, Marty St Louis, Hossa, Vanek, Kovalchuk, Gagne, Blake & Iginla (the only top 10 Goal Scorer from the Western Conference, with the retirement of Selanne)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 10:44 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Trotz View Post
You know how many top 10 snipers there are in the Eastern Conference as compared to the Western Conference? ... its not even funny/close ... lemme pull the top 10 list up from last years goals scored stat page ...

Vinny, Heater, Ovechkin, Marty St Louis, Hossa, Vanek, Kovalchuk, Gagne, Blake & Iginla (the only top 10 Goal Scorer from the Western Conference, with the retirement of Selanne)
and Vokoun faced which of these last night vs NJ??

Vokouns ability to snap out of his funk will be affected by the unfamiliar environment he finds himself in.... instead of being in a room full off guys who KNOW what he can do when he is on and have spent time in the trenches with him during the lean years, he is now in a room where he is the 6 million dollar a year savior brought in to be the superstar.

It is way too early to predict a total Theodore style meltdown, but you could certainly see it happening.... I just hope he stays shaky until after the 27th...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
and Vokoun faced which of these last night vs NJ??

Vokouns ability to snap out of his funk will be affected by the unfamiliar environment he finds himself in.... instead of being in a room full off guys who KNOW what he can do when he is on and have spent time in the trenches with him during the lean years, he is now in a room where he is the 6 million dollar a year savior brought in to be the superstar.

It is way too early to predict a total Theodore style meltdown, but you could certainly see it happening.... I just hope he stays shaky until after the 27th...
Parise (scored 31 last season) ... Gionta (scored 25 last season, 48 the year before that) ... Langenbrunner (scored 23) ... Elias (only 21 ... down season) ... and Zajac (17 as a rookie) ... they employ the same scoring by committee that alot of teams employ

Old
10-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Elias has one of the best shots in the league. He may have had a down year last year, but he is super-talented.

10-08-2007, 06:02 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
We have their first round pick this year, right? I love Tomas, but I hope that team finishes last in the NHL and wins the draft lottery.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Olaf

Quote:
We have their first round pick this year, right? I love Tomas, but I hope that team finishes last in the NHL and wins the draft lottery.
Yep, as much as I like Vokoun... I love the Preds, and the first overall pick would be sweet.

Olaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
As well as a 2nd round pick.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Vokoun's amazing. He literally stole at least a point so far tonight against Montreal. Florida looked terrible and Vokoun was on top of his game. Just awesome!

EDIT: He snagged 2 points for us as he stonewalled the Canadiens in the shootout and Stumpel put one in. WOW!

Last edited by Laus723: 10-16-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 10:04 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Vokoun's amazing. He literally stole at least a point so far tonight against Montreal. Florida looked terrible and Vokoun was on top of his game. Just awesome!

EDIT: He snagged 2 points for us as he stonewalled the Canadiens in the shootout and Stumpel put one in. WOW!
congrats! enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is Tomas Vokoun. He amazes, he nosedives, he makes you want to throw up, and then you go get right back in line for more.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
congrats! enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is Tomas Vokoun. He amazes, he nosedives, he makes you want to throw up, and then you go get right back in line for more.
I don't mind that, I'm not someone who gets on the emotional rollercoaster, I understand who he is. I really appreciate all the input you guys have given us on him.

Laus723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Vokoun is not very good at shootouts. Prepare for a couple of bad looking goals. Still, love him along the way. He definitely stole a point for the Panthers last night!

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 08:33 AM
PredsMan

3 straight wins for Vokoun...maybe he's found his mojo

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 08:43 AM
braindead

Vokoun stopping shots in a shootout!!!! Enjoy but definitely don't get used to that.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 08:45 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan View Post
3 straight wins for Vokoun...maybe he's found his mojo
I hope the Preds find their mojo soon.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 08:58 AM
jstreet

Im happy that he is finding his game again in Florida. I hope he takes them back to the playoffs.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Im happy that he is finding his game again in Florida. I hope he takes them back to the playoffs.
no you don't ... that would mean our draft pick would suck ... Personally I want him to be hung out to dry and Florida finish in the bottom 5 and win the lottery