HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Lineups

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2004, 06:04 PM
MehdiCaps

vCash: 500
Lineups

You can find the lineups of every NHL team here:

http://perso.club-internet.fr/mehdi_caps/wws/

After a 3-month break, my site is back (on a new host). Some of you may already know it. I'll update it as often as possible until the Stanley Cup Finals.

Old
03-18-2004, 05:49 PM
MehdiCaps

All 30 teams have been updated in the last 24 hours.

Please let me know if some players are on the wrong side (left/right wingers, left/right defensemen).

Old
03-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Thomas

Send a message via MSN to Thomas
For Montreal:

Craig Rivet is playing the left and Komisarek on the right

Kovalev is also being used on the left and Ryder on the right (though they seem to move from one to the other)

Otherwise it looks good

Old
03-18-2004, 05:55 PM
looooob

for the Flames: good job. it's a little misleading I guess because McAmmond and Lydman were hurt not healthy scratches, but they aren't on the IR so I understand it's probably the best you can do to keep things easier
otherwise the lines are correct

Old
03-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Oh man, thanks! I'd lost track of this site...

Old
03-18-2004, 06:43 PM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

I was curious as to where the hell your site was?! Looks good, keep it up

Old
03-18-2004, 08:33 PM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
I dont know it since im new here but ill go check it out

Old
03-18-2004, 08:38 PM
TMLFan4ever

What has this world come to! No pic of Matty Stajan?! :p :p

jk, jk, it's a great site!

Old
03-18-2004, 09:06 PM
albathegreat*

Nice site

You get a well deserved

Old
03-18-2004, 09:44 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Nice site..but a lot of mistakes as far as the Sen's lineup is concerned.

Old
03-19-2004, 01:21 AM
Feddy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
for the Flames: good job.
Turek is the #1 goalie???

a not so good job in my opinion :p

Old
03-19-2004, 01:25 AM
Feddy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
Nice site..but a lot of mistakes as far as the Sen's lineup is concerned.

I watched the Sens game tonight, and the lines are way off! I also watched the last Habs game, and Ryder was playing on the 3rd line. good try though

Old
03-19-2004, 02:20 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by looooob
for the Flames: good job. it's a little misleading I guess because McAmmond and Lydman were hurt not healthy scratches, but they aren't on the IR so I understand it's probably the best you can do to keep things easier
otherwise the lines are correct

same for the preds. normally arkhipov would be scratched, zholtok would be on the second line, mckenzie would be in on the fourth on the left wing, with stevenson centering. also, schnabel was sent down to milwaukee, as will be hutchinson...when eaton returns tomorrow vs EDM. allison will be scratched, at that time.

Old
03-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddy91

I watched the Sens game tonight, and the lines are way off! I also watched the last Habs game, and Ryder was playing on the 3rd line. good try though
You must not of watched to well because Ryder has been playing on the 2nd line with Ribeiro for quite some time...including last game

Old
03-19-2004, 10:50 AM
MehdiCaps

I'll try to answer everyone.

First of all, thanks to those who like the site.

"Craig Rivet is playing the left and Komisarek on the right" - Done, thanks.

"I'd lost track of this site" - Me too, lol. I took a 2-month break because I really needed it (I'm a Caps fan), and then it took me 1 month to update the site (thousands of moves in 3 months and a half).

"What has this world come to! No pic of Matty Stajan?!" - LOL! I added one for you. I make the pictures one by one, generally from the ones I find on the official websites of the teams or at nhlpa.com. I have 964 mini-portraits of players, so far, but I still need to make others, I know. I recently added 9 pictures of Coyotes.

"a lot of mistakes as far as the Sen's lineup is concerned" - You were saying that after last night's game, while I give the lineup for the previous game (March 16). I can't be wrong, actually, since I use the shift chart and the event summary sheets. Sometimes, it's approximate, when a coach changes his lines all the time, but whenever the lineup is rather regular, the lines I give are always accurate, or are the most common ones at even strength, of course. I usually give the lines as they were during the first period, but if the first period was filled with penalties, I take the second period as a basis, etc.

"I watched the Sens game tonight, and the lines are way off!" - Same thing. I'll update the lineups tonight, and I'll take into account the last moves (players recalled or sent down, put on the IR or activated, etc).

"Turek is the #1 goalie???" - No. There's no such thing as a #1 goalie, actually. It's a tendency that can change during the season. For example, who is the #1 goalie for the Kings? Huet or Cechmanek? Cechmanek is on the IR, anyway. Hnilicka? I never try to determine who is the #1 goalie, I only put the starting goalie above the backup goalie for the game in question. Sometimes you'll see Kiprusoff/Turek, sometimes you'll see Turek/Kiprusoff.

"same for the preds. normally arkhipov would be scratched, zholtok would be on the second line, mckenzie would be in on the fourth on the left wing, with stevenson centering. also, schnabel was sent down to milwaukee, as will be hutchinson...when eaton returns tomorrow vs EDM. allison will be scratched, at that time." - Thanks. I'll take your post into account when I update the Predators' lineup, but again, I don't give a potential, normal, or future lineup. I give the last lineup, and I can't update every page during the games (I was only able to do that for the Rangers-Caps game of yesterday). I live in France, so I generally update the site every afternoon (US time).

I'll also say how I determine the lines, though it's sometimes more complicated:

1. First scoring line.
2. Second scoring line (even if it gets less time of ice than the 3rd line).
3. Checking line (even if it gets more time of ice than every other line).
4. Either energy line, or second checking line, or third scoring line, depending on the team.

The defense pairings are generally determined according to their average time of ice at even strength. That's why, when Jovanovski was healthy, I usually gave: 1. Ohlund-Sopel, and 2. Malik-Jovanovski, instead of the contrary.

Last edited by MehdiCaps: 03-19-2004 at 02:53 PM.
Old
03-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Verbal Kint*

For the Leafs last Game. Reichel took Stajan's spot. Belak took Reichel's Stajan was scratched.

Kaberle Scratched for Johansson, Berehowsky for Klee
Pairings were:
Leetch Klee
McCabe Berg
Johansson Marchment

Old
03-19-2004, 12:17 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

good to see your site back up... I was looking for that site and couldn't find it through search engines...

anyways... couple updates on the Canucks...

Jovo should be back in the next couple of games.. when he is he'll be on the right side of the 2nd pairing with Malik (most likely as that's where he's always played).

up front the top 2 look right... the 3rd line had Kesler on right wing or center with Linden switching those two spots with him... Cooke was on the left side.

Kavanaugh has been sent to the minors already... when Henrik is back - which is in the next few games hopefully, you will see Chubarov move to the 4th line, with May (should be back in a game or 2) on the left side and Ruutu playing right...

too many little injuries right now though and lots of line juggling with the trades as well.

Old
03-19-2004, 01:38 PM
TMLFan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehdiCaps
"What has this world come to! No pic of Matty Stajan?!" - LOL! I added one for you. I make the pictures one by one, generally from the ones I find on the official websites of the teams or at nhlpa.com. I have 964 mini-portraits of players, so far, but I still need to make others, I know. I recently added 9 pictures of Coyotes.

Hahah, Thank you! And I'll say it again; great job on the site!!

Old
03-21-2004, 01:04 PM
MehdiCaps

All teams updated according to last game, including the Islanders and the Lightning, that are playing now.

Closed Thread