HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Predators vs Ducks 10/17

Old
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
GDT: Predators vs Ducks 10/17

I don't do GDT's. I come here to thank other people for doing great looking GDT's and to use them. Freeload. Freeride. Freebird. Someone with some sense and talent seriously needs to step up here. In the meantime, my first official GDT thread is as follows (my last if we play remotely like the last game, I might add):

Who:

@

What: Two teams playing hockey (hopefully. at least one team will play)

When: 9 pm central

Where: There (with coverage by FSN South and WGFX-104.5 The Zone.

Why: This is a difficult one. I'm going to take a pass on why they play, why we watch, etc. Get someone that isn't braindead to answer this one.

Triva questions (best for kids under 10... or maybe 6):

Why did the duck avoid the doctor? He thought he was a quack.
What is a duck's favorite food? quackers.
What has webbed feet and fangs? Quack-ula

Good duck joke (well not that good but anyway):

A duck walks into a pet store and says to the clerk, "Got any duck food?"
"No", says the clerk, "we only sell dog food and cat food."
"OK", says the duck and leaves.
The next day the duck walks in the store and says "Uh, got any duck food?"
The clerk once again replies, "No, like I told you, we only sell cat food and dog food."
"OK", says the duck and walks out.
The next day the duck walks in the store and says "Uh, got any duck food?"
The clerk says "Hey look, I told you two times already that we only sell cat food and dog food! If you come in here one more time asking, I am going to put my boot up your ass, understand?!?!"
"OK", says the duck and walks out.
The next day the duck walks in the store and says "Hey are those Birkenstock's you're wearing?"
"Uhh yeah, why?", says the confused clerk.
The duck says, "Just wanted to make sure they weren't boots. Got any duck food?"

and finally, a Chris Pronger joke:

Neids walks into the locker room and says "Three Brazillian soldiers were just killed in Iraq". Pronger looks up and starts crying like a baby. All the Duck players come running to console him. Finally after many group hugs and between sobs, he asks his team mates "Exactly how many is a brazillion?"

Hopefully, someone will recognize this GDT as a plea for someone else to step up next time. In the interim, go Preds.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
and finally, a Chris Pronger joke:

Neids walks into the locker room and says "Three Brazillian soldiers were just killed in Iraq". Pronger looks up and starts crying like a baby. All the Duck players come running to console him. Finally after many group hugs and between sobs, he asks his team mates "Exactly how many is a brazillion?"

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Ducks

I thought it was a good GDT.

Good luck tonight guys, I'll be at the game cheering for my team, but here's to a close and well played game by both teams.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
xEx

Finally a GDT, I am at peace now.
Thank you

If the Preds win you better get your shark jokes ready.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Jarnberg

Last year's first game in Anaheim was a real tough one for us. We got our butts handed to us.

Which Predators team is going to show up?

It might not be enough. Anaheim is a very tough matchup for us.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 08:04 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
hooray! we might need some humor around here if the games goes anything like the last 3.

here's to breaking the slump!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
braindead

Is sound included for the $120 bucks a month that I give to Comcast because all I have is picture. It's not that Pete and Terry add much to the clarity of the game but I do enjoy listening.

Old
10-17-2007, 09:43 PM
oz615

Christ

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Great cycling by the Erat-Legwand-Radulov line all night long. It finally ended up in a goal by Suter. Nice sequence of events!

10-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I cannot believe there wasn't a hooking or a 4 minute high-sticking minor on Mowers there on Gelinas....unbelievable. The official was right there as well.

Holy crap Kunitz just went crazy on Zidlicky. It should be a 7 minute penalty....lets see what these officials call here.

Edit: Unbelievable. Zidlicy gets 5 for fighting. More like 5 for getting pummeled by Kunitz. 2 blown calls here in the third...both huge calls, a loss of at least 6 powerplay minutes, most likely 9-11.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:07 PM
State of Hockey

What a goonish move by Kunitz. That's just low.

And then the refs both give them fighting majors. Zidlicky didn't drop his gloves nor throw a punch.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post

And then the refs both give them fighting majors. Zidlicky didn't drop his gloves nor throw a punch.
No, he punched with his gloves on, crosschecked his face, and then covered up. He needs to grow a pair.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
No, he punched with his gloves on, crosschecked his face, and then covered up. He needs to grow a pair.
That is a huge exaggeration of what happened, but whatever. I think anyone would say you have to at least give kunitz an extra minor there.

Old
10-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
That is a huge exaggeration of what happened, but whatever. I think anyone would say you have to at least give kunitz an extra minor there.
But really, what does Zid think is going to happen there? If he is going to start something with his gloves on he should be prepared to take them off. For whatever reason he wasnt.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:19 PM
oz615

we ever gonna have the lead again this year?

oz615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
But really, what does Zid think is going to happen there? If he is going to start something with his gloves on he should be prepared to take them off. For whatever reason he wasnt.
He shoved kunitz....that was about it. The rest was minor pushing/shoving that goes on around the net. These things happen 9900000000000000 times around the net, especially when your near the goalie and the whistle is blown. This usually doesn't lead to an uninhibited beat down. It was ridiculous that the refs allowed it, and even worse that there wasn't at the least, an extra minor. The Anaheim announcers said that Zidlicky dropped the stick, which indicated he was going to fight......I think that is pretty shady for a guy that has had what....2-3 fights through his whole career.

Last edited by Enoch: 10-18-2007 at 06:02 AM.
Old
10-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz615 View Post
we ever gonna have the lead again this year?
sadly ... probably not until Jesus Christ comes back

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Why did we bring Mike Dunham back? Mason was horrible that game, all goals soft.....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
He shoved kunitz....that was about it. The rest was minor pushing/shoving that goes on around the net. These things happen 9900000000000000 times around the net, especially when your near the goalie and the whistle is blown. This usually doesn't lead to an uninhibited beat down. It was ridiculous that the refs allowed it, and even worse that there was at the least, an extra minor. The Anaheim announcers said that Zidlicky dropped the stick, which indicated he was going to fight......I think that is pretty shady for a guy that has had what....2-3 fights through his whole career.
Kunitz has had about as many fights as that. Zidlicky should drop the gloves more often anyway, he's a fairly mean-spirited player.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:35 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
Kunitz has had about as many fights as that. Zidlicky should drop the gloves more often anyway, he's a fairly mean-spirited player.
lol.....ok

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 11:40 PM
braindead

That was a much, much better effort. I wasn't ashamed to be a Preds fan tonight.

Mason still doesn't have his mojo-- I would say the 1st was very tough to stop and the other two were poor positioning.

DeVries continues to kill me.

Two penalty non-calls, particularly the high stick that is right at the puck, were particularly poor. You can argue the Zids but if you don't drop the gloves, they (almost) always give more to the guy that threw punches.

Good game generally for our guys and I thought not a bad Duck effort. This is why you have to play well against Phoenix and Calgary at home.

Old
10-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Sandmachine

The linesmen definitely should have protected Zidlicky in that instance, even though he started the whole thing by throwing a gloved punch up high on Kunitz. It is their duty to protect those players who like to start stuff but hardly ever answer for it with the gloves off. Kunitz should have taken the punch in stride by considering how few fighting majors his counterpart has had in his career.

Sorry for the sarcasm.

Anyways, I like this way of refereeing. It holds the players more accountable, I think. I remember an interview with a former referee named Paul Stewart where he basically said that....if a player was intentionally starting trouble and raising the ire of the other team, he'd more or less tell him to drop the gloves and do something about it or just shut up because he (the ref) wouldn't be protect him. Zidlicky in this case was acting as if he knew he'd be protected by the refs/linesmen eventually so it was OK to throw a punch to the chops of Kunitz. That style of play doesn't sit well with me. Pushing and shoving is one thing, but what Zidlicky did was too overly aggressive to have it considered to be one of those things that happens 9900000000 times around a net during a game. If the game were refereed and played like this, I think the level of respect between players would increase. As it is now, there is little to no accountability on the ice for gloved punches, dangerous hits, etc.

If the roles were reversed, would you really think it unfair if Zidlicky pounded on Kunitz after receiving a gloved punch to the face?

Sandmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

IMO, you don't ever say its the goalie's fault on a breakaway. Didn't see the first, but the last two goals were lack of defense. DV doesn't know how to cover his man on a 2 on 2. From what I saw Mason played well.

Refs made the right call on the Zids penalty. Except, on the score sheet, it should say 5 for turtling.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:32 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Well that was at least a much better effort. We were at least in the game the whole time. It was a great start. But one that I just felt that if we didn't get something there, we might have missed our chance. And then all that good, hard work only to have Ducks score with 20 seconds left.

Great goal by Suter. Nice pass from Radulov, too.

Anaheim blocked all of our shooting lanes and we ended up trying to thread the puck in between a bunch of legs and it of course ended up blocked and deflected back out of the zone.

Bounces didn't go our way. Anaheim capitalized on their bounces that went right to their sticks. Our bounces bounced to Anaheim or out to the other side and we just miss. But we had our chances.

Mason left some huge rebounds out there. If Ducks didn't whiff, it could have been worse.

Arnott played well. He deserved to get a goal, too bad he couldn't finish.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 04:14 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post

Nice to see Wild fans migrating to boards which actually have some posters instead of staying on their own board which has been flatlining the last few years.

And it doesn't surprise me at all that it was this particular poster who's here whining about Ducks gooning it up.

zidlickly had it coming. Earlier in the game he had made few borderline moves (tripping Rob Niedermayer head first in to the boards in the 1st for example) and then slashing/shoving Kunitz. Kunitz pushed back and Zidilicky dropped his stick.

Those who have played hockey know that when you drop your stick after exchanging gloved punches, it's fight time. Refs know this too so Zidickly wasn't rewarded for his cowardly actions.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote