HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Chris Mason

Old
10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
jgsfiles

vCash: 500
Chris Mason

Question for you guys. I have Mason in my fantasy league. I haven't seen many of the Predator games. Seems to be in a little bit of a rut. Are the majority of the goals given up his fault? Any input is appreciated.

jgsfiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsfiles View Post
Question for you guys. I have Mason in my fantasy league. I haven't seen many of the Predator games. Seems to be in a little bit of a rut. Are the majority of the goals given up his fault? Any input is appreciated.
I don't know what to make of mason right now. He was superman the first two games, then cloutier the next three. He was much better this last game, but not his best, only one was sorta his fault. He is usually not a streaky goalie, so hopefully once he gets back to form he will stay there. Unless he is your number one, I would bench him until he comes back to life.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
oilfan20

I had a pool question as well and since someone else started the thread... With the recent struggles of Mason any chance Rinne gets the call. I am reaching my 1st drop point and I am thinking of getting rid of Rinne.

oilfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan20 View Post
I had a pool question as well and since someone else started the thread... With the recent struggles of Mason any chance Rinne gets the call. I am reaching my 1st drop point and I am thinking of getting rid of Rinne.
Rinne isn't even Mason's back up ... that honor belongs to Dan Ellis

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 11:03 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfan20 View Post
Barring anything catastrophic I can almost guarantee you that Rinne won't play a single NHL game this season.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 01:19 PM
oilfan20

I know that Rinne is in the minors but is that not a product of not needing to clear waivers. Granted I have watched only 1 preds game this season, but if Mason struggles surely option #2 cannot be Ellis??

oilfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Pred303

pretty simple really... right now there is no option 2

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

thats makes me sick to think about. the only reason we did so well last year is cause we had 2 capable goaltenders

Old
10-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
thats makes me sick to think about. the only reason we did so well last year is cause we had 2 capable goaltenders

well of course, having an abundance of offensive skill players didn't hurt either.. 266 goals scored kind of helped

Old
10-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

The thought of ellis or rinne starting 25 straight games makes me quiver

Old
10-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
The thought of ellis or rinne starting 25 straight games makes me quiver
with anticipation?

Old
10-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Lets be honest: Mason has been pretty awful outside of games 1 and 2. Part of it is due to a complete meltdown on both sides of the ice. Part of it is just due to poor positioning.

I said at the beginning of the year that Mason is going to be different from Vokoun primarily because his rebound control is totally different. He doesn't suck rebounds in, he tries to push them out. I'm not sure what Trotz's defensive coaching philosophy is, but I do not think he stresses shot-blocking (Zanon is the only player on the team that consistently will try and block a shot, Skrastins before him). With this many rebounds peopping off Masons pads, we have to do a better job of either A) Stopping some of those shots through blocks/taking away the shooting lanes or B) Getting those rebounds to the boards or out of the zone. We have done a horrible job at both thus far.