HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Future Backup

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-18-2007, 12:56 PM
  #1
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Future Backup

I've heard from a few different sources how Halak is showing a bad attitude and is playing poorly following his cut from the Montreal roster. Yan Danis on the other hand is working hard and is playing the best hockey of recent memory. It makes me wonder who is in the first position to be Price's eventual backup.

Danis is a guy who has sufferred blow after blow and is just working harder because of it, which to me shows a lot of mental fortitude; which is something that we need in a 'tender in Montreal...seems to me that if Theo had Danis' temperement he would probably still be our #1 guy right now.

The jury still isn't out of course, Halak might bounce back next month and be spectacular, but as a perennial Danis fan, I would love for him to earn a spot as Montreal's backup once Price takes over.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
  #2
Habitant#1
Registered User
 
Habitant#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Brisbane
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
It is Halak's first career setback. It's normal for him to be dissappointed. I think he'll bounce back.

Habitant#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
  #3
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I've heard from a few different sources how Halak is showing a bad attitude and is playing poorly following his cut from the Montreal roster. Yan Danis on the other hand is working hard and is playing the best hockey of recent memory. It makes me wonder who is in the first position to be Price's eventual backup.

Danis is a guy who has sufferred blow after blow and is just working harder because of it, which to me shows a lot of mental fortitude; which is something that we need in a 'tender in Montreal...seems to me that if Theo had Danis' temperement he would probably still be our #1 guy right now.

The jury still isn't out of course, Halak might bounce back next month and be spectacular, but as a perennial Danis fan, I would love for him to earn a spot as Montreal's backup once Price takes over.
Last year, Yan Danis had a terrible game early in the season. Halak started the next game, played well and became the starter.
This year, is the exact same thing but just change the names.
Halak=Danis Danis=Halak The only reason they look "good" is Reland Melanson and Mtl's system.
I think Huet will be resigned after this season. He's the perfect back-up for Price.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
  #4
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
Last year, Yan Danis had a terrible game early in the season. Halak started the next game, played well and became the starter.
This year, is the exact same thing but just change the names.
Halak=Danis Danis=Halak The only reason they look "good" is Reland Melanson and Mtl's system.
I think Huet will be resigned after this season. He's the perfect back-up for Price.
Huet won't want to be a backup.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
  #5
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I've heard from a few different sources how Halak is showing a bad attitude and is playing poorly following his cut from the Montreal roster.
Where did you hear that? I've only heard that he was very disappointed to be cut. To me, that doesn't indicate a bad attitude, just a strong desire to play in the NHL.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
  #6
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Huet won't want to be a backup.
He'd be a 1A or 1B.. just like he's been through his whole career.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:56 PM
  #7
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Huet won't want to be a backup.
I don't know. If the $$$ is right... I'm sure he likes Montreal (only french city in NA and the must european...) He was UFA two years ago, after the best half-season of his life and he didn't go on the open market.

Anyway, I don't think Gainey will use two young goalers.

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
  #8
westcoast habsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
I haven't heard that he has a bad attitude just that he was really disappointed that he was cut. Coach Lever said that of all the late cuts (Lappy, O'Byrne) Halak was the one who the most emotional/upset about it. He probably felt that he had a chance to be in Montreal this year after playing so well for the Habs down the stretch.

As well, he now probably realizes that he is behind Price on the depth chart, and that Price is being groomed as the future starter for Montreal. I'm sure he's questioning his future, etc., etc. He's still young and probably isn't excited about the ptotential of becoming a career back-up to Price.

He's had one bad game and hasn't played since. Danis has played 3 games and has been excellent. The Bulldogs have 3 games in 3 nights this weekend and I expect Halak to play in one of those games.

He needs to realize that the future is uncertain and he just needs to go out and play and prove to people that he can overcome these kinds of obstacles. That will get him to the NHL faster than anything, whether it is with Montreal remains to be seen.

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:20 PM
  #9
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 28,335
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
I don't know. If the $$$ is right... I'm sure he likes Montreal (only french city in NA and the must european...) He was UFA two years ago, after the best half-season of his life and he didn't go on the open market.

Anyway, I don't think Gainey will use two young goalers.
Why would we pay him a lot to be our backup? We're not the Avalanche...

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:27 PM
  #10
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Halak is playing poorly? He got pulled in his 2nd game after playing badly, but he was one of the Bulldogs best players in the season opener. How about we give him more than 2 games, which showed a total contrast of form, before stating how he is playing and being critical of his attitude? Care to state your sources regarding his attitude?

Both goalies have shown their ability so far this year. Halak has some things he needs to work and get adjusted to mentally as well. Danis, well, more of the same. Needs work on rebounds, playing the puck. But he can certainly make saves. Hopefully they both rise to the challenge this year and keep each other competitive all season long.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
  #11
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
I don't know. If the $$$ is right... I'm sure he likes Montreal (only french city in NA and the must european...) He was UFA two years ago, after the best half-season of his life and he didn't go on the open market.

Anyway, I don't think Gainey will use two young goalers.
Ya, part of me doesn't see Gainey giveing out alot of money to bring Huet back, if he feels Price is ready for the #1 job, but I would imagine Gainey would want a veteran backup for Price for at least one more year.

Maybe Gainey could convince Huet to sign a one year extension (I know it won't happen, but it would be the perfect situation for the team).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Why would we pay him a lot to be our backup? We're not the Avalanche...
Hey, don't make fun of the AV's. If it wasn't for them, he would still be here!!!!

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
  #12
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
I've heard from a few different sources how Halak is showing a bad attitude and is playing poorly following his cut from the Montreal roster. Yan Danis on the other hand is working hard and is playing the best hockey of recent memory. It makes me wonder who is in the first position to be Price's eventual backup.

Danis is a guy who has sufferred blow after blow and is just working harder because of it, which to me shows a lot of mental fortitude; which is something that we need in a 'tender in Montreal...seems to me that if Theo had Danis' temperement he would probably still be our #1 guy right now.

The jury still isn't out of course, Halak might bounce back next month and be spectacular, but as a perennial Danis fan, I would love for him to earn a spot as Montreal's backup once Price takes over.
Im not sure about this so correct me if im wrong...but..there is a difference between AHL and NHL right?

Does Danis have paparazzis in front of his house?..
Does Danis have family members linked to Hells Angels??
Did Danis's father in law get arrested for being a Pedophile??
Was Danis photographed with Paris Hilton when his wife is expecting a child..or just had one(dont remember when that happened exactly)?
Is Danis being praised by Quebecers like Theodore was??
Was Danis involved in an affair with a woman that he impregnanted??

To say if Theo had the mental toughness of Danis he'd still be in mtl is completly ridiculous..
Theodore had some much **** happening to him..its unreal
NOBODY could bounce back from such a thing in mtl

I understand you love Danis...but to say Danis could have survived what Theo went thru...is really dumb


Last edited by Darz: 10-18-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: profanity removed
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 05:56 PM
  #13
snakeye
Registered User
 
snakeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Im not sure about this so correct me if im wrong...but..there is a difference between AHL and NHL right?

Does Danis have paparazzis in front of his house?..
Does Danis have family members linked to Hells Angels??
Did Danis's father in law get arrested for being a Pedophile??
Was Danis photographed with Paris Hilton when his wife is expecting a child..or just had one(dont remember when that happened exactly)?
Is Danis being praised by Quebecers like Theodore was??
Was Danis involved in an affair with a woman that he impregnanted??

To say if Theo had the mental toughness of Danis he'd still be in mtl is completly ridiculous..
Theodore had some much **** happening to him..its unreal
NOBODY could bounce back from such a thing in mtl

I understand you love Danis...but to say Danis could have survived what Theo went thru...is really dumb
Not even Roy?

As for Theodore's father in law, where did you hear that he was arrested for pedophilia? Wasn't he arrested for making usurious loans (prêts usuraires)?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 08:46 AM
  #14
Moester
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 947
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Im not sure about this so correct me if im wrong...but..there is a difference between AHL and NHL right?

Does Danis have paparazzis in front of his house?..
Does Danis have family members linked to Hells Angels??
Did Danis's father in law get arrested for being a Pedophile??
Was Danis photographed with Paris Hilton when his wife is expecting a child..or just had one(dont remember when that happened exactly)?
Is Danis being praised by Quebecers like Theodore was??
Was Danis involved in an affair with a woman that he impregnanted??

To say if Theo had the mental toughness of Danis he'd still be in mtl is completly ridiculous..
Theodore had some much **** happening to him..its unreal
NOBODY could bounce back from such a thing in mtl

I understand you love Danis...but to say Danis could have survived what Theo went thru...is really dumb
Yeah, but those things destroyed Theo's Mental game, but he started sucking before the whole Paris Hilton, Father in law thing...He's not the type of guy who can focus. I know you like Theo, but he's not some little angel. He got himself into as much trouble as his circumstances did. Danis is a smart player and has dealt well with adversity. Theo dealt with adversity by doing more stupid things and letting his head get out of the game.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:31 AM
  #15
Maverik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN85 View Post
Not even Roy?

As for Theodore's father in law, where did you hear that he was arrested for pedophilia? Wasn't he arrested for making usurious loans (prêts usuraires)?

That's his father, his father in law was Guy Cloutier, that talent manager who got convicted of pedophilia against Nathalie Simard some 20 years ago. He just came out of his 1 year jail sentence I believe.

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.