HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev rumor ? (to Calgary )

Old
10-17-2007, 06:07 PM
_DrMario_

vCash: 500
What we need is players that can score.

_DrMario_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Puckhead58*

There is no doubt we need a goal scorer. We can't score goals and when Kovalev is playing at his best....he's a goalscorer so we can't take back another 2 way player who can't score goals....we have enough of those on the team now. We have to get someone who can put the puck in the net.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
ikelechien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The good news: Tanguay is probably the best Gainey could get for Kovalev and it might make line juggling a little easier for Napoleon, who's playing Rubiks Cubes every game.

The bad news: I'm not sure Tanguay could do much for the Habs, especially in the playoffs (if the Habs make it). Getting Tanguay would make the Habs even softer (if that's possible).
Last year Tanguay's 5 on 5 points were close to the top of the league even Crosby. Tanguay could do a lot for Montreal.

ikelechien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The good news: Tanguay is probably the best Gainey could get for Kovalev and it might make line juggling a little easier for Napoleon, who's playing Rubiks Cubes every game.
I am not a huge fan of Carbs, but i think Gainey needs to address the fact that he has brought in players that don't really mesh well with his core. Samsonov didn'tfit in. Kovalev can't find consistency with anyone. Johnson i liked but was a redundant spare part.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
Last year Tanguay's 5 on 5 points were close to the top of the league even Crosby. Tanguay could do a lot for Montreal.
For Montréal? That I'd have to see. I could be wrong but my instincts tell me otherwise.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikelechien View Post
ESP
1 Daniel Briere C BUF 81 32 63 95 17 65
2 Vincent Lecavalier C TBL 82 52 56 108 2 63
3 Dany Heatley R OTT 82 50 55 105 31 62
4 Thomas Vanek L BUF 82 43 41 84 47 62
5 Olli Jokinen C FLA 82 39 52 91 18 62
6 Martin St. Louis R TBL 82 43 59 102 7 61
7 Jarome Iginla R CGY 70 39 55 94 12 60
8 Alex Tanguay L CGY 81 22 59 81 12 60
9 Joe Thornton C SJS 82 22 92 114 24 60
10 Sidney Crosby C PIT 79 36 84 120 10 59

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Traitor8

One thing is he wouldn't be playing with the gyu who's listed ast #7 ...

maybe give Forsberg a call and get him to come and play with Tanguay lol?

Traitor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 02:01 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8 View Post
One thing is he wouldn't be playing with the gyu who's listed ast #7 ...

maybe give Forsberg a call and get him to come and play with Tanguay lol?
Tanguay - Koivu - Ryder
Higgins - Forsberg - Kostitsyn

I could live with that Top 6

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Tanguay ignores trade talk
RANDY SPORTAK

Despite having a no-trade clause, Flames left winger Alex Tanguay can't escape trade rumours.

Tanguay yesterday found himself having to discuss a report on the French-language station RDS that said the Flames might be considering a deal with the Montreal Canadiens that would bring Alexei Kovalev to the Stampede City. Kovalev won a Stanley Cup with Keenan in New York.

Tanguay said he had no intentions on following it.

"I'm not planning on wasting any time on that at all," he said. "I'm here with the Flames, and I think when they brought me here they wanted me to help the team, and as far as I know, it's still the plan."

"I'm very happy where I'm at. Who wouldn't want to be playing on a line with Jarome Iginla and Craig Conroy and on a team that's got Miikka Kiprusoff in net?"

The germination of the rumour has to be Kovalev's relationship with the Canadiens. After Tuesday night's shootout loss to Florida, he criticized Habs head coach Guy Carbonneau.

It was a trade rumour circulating in the summer, based on the assumption Tanguay would dislike playing for head coach Mike Keenan.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey...85576-sun.html

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Catch-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
According to the RDS people Tanguay is not a Sutter or Keenan type player.
And Kovalev is?

What would Tanguay add to our team, please, that Kovalev doesn't already?

Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe View Post
Tanguay ignores trade talk
RANDY SPORTAK

Despite having a no-trade clause, Flames left winger Alex Tanguay can't escape trade rumours.

Tanguay yesterday found himself having to discuss a report on the French-language station RDS that said the Flames might be considering a deal with the Montreal Canadiens that would bring Alexei Kovalev to the Stampede City. Kovalev won a Stanley Cup with Keenan in New York.

Tanguay said he had no intentions on following it.

"I'm not planning on wasting any time on that at all," he said. "I'm here with the Flames, and I think when they brought me here they wanted me to help the team, and as far as I know, it's still the plan."

"I'm very happy where I'm at. Who wouldn't want to be playing on a line with Jarome Iginla and Craig Conroy and on a team that's got Miikka Kiprusoff in net?"

The germination of the rumour has to be Kovalev's relationship with the Canadiens. After Tuesday night's shootout loss to Florida, he criticized Habs head coach Guy Carbonneau.

It was a trade rumour circulating in the summer, based on the assumption Tanguay would dislike playing for head coach Mike Keenan.

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/Hockey...85576-sun.html
Yvon walks warily down the street,
With the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Machine guns ready to go
Are you ready, Are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat...

Ah well. Back to sleep, perchance to dream.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
BLONG7

Rumours...speculation...Kovy has played very well so far this season...Some people in Montreal are so hard about getting a star francophone player, that we have to deal with this almost every day...look for a trade of some sort around mid-November based on how we are playing, and where we are in the standings guys. Until then, everyone relax, we did just see the Habs play their best game of the young season so far, undortunately Vokuhn stole the show...Speaking of Vokuhn, I see the Leafs play Florida's back up tonight, figures...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2007, 12:45 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
I am not a huge fan of Carbs, but i think Gainey needs to address the fact that he has brought in players that don't really mesh well with his core. Samsonov didn'tfit in. Kovalev can't find consistency with anyone. Johnson i liked but was a redundant spare part.
He could with Koivu but our top offensive veteran players on the 1st line.....now thats just crazy talk!

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 06:00 AM
GNick42

I seen this rumour on Spector's rumours the other day...I don't think there is anything to it. For starters Spector has a terrible track record for being accurate on trade rumours and second Tanguay has a no-trade clause.

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
I seen this rumour on Spector's rumours the other day...I don't think there is anything to it. For starters Spector has a terrible track record for being accurate on trade rumours and second Tanguay has a no-trade clause.
Spector doesn't run his own rumours, just reports ones that others are reporting, than gives his own take on the situation. He is pretty insightful most of the time.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote