HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enough of the overreaction

Old
10-19-2007, 10:30 AM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Grabovski has no upside? He's young, he's needing to adjust. I still think he has a future.

IMO, not much. 3 games last year - 0 points...5 preseason games - 0 points...4 games this year - 0 points. And this from a supposed offensive player playing mostly with Kovalev and Kostisyn.

Based on one off the cuff comment by Kovalev? I think he's right that the media made this a bigger deal than it really is. The effort level of the Habs doesn't indicate they're unhappy with the coaching.

Based on all of last year and the inadequate coaching provided by Carbo...yea, Koivu really appreciated having Chip on the ice for him in the dying seconds of a 1-0 game. Yea Begin really appreciated being told by the media that he wasn't playing. Yea, the top players love seeing Smolinski and Kotsopolous on the PP. Yea, the players love to have new linemates every period. Yea, the players love Carbo's post-game comments saying they suck. Yea, the players love a coach that cries to the ref after every call. Yea, Hamrlik and Markov loved seeing Breezy and Bouillon killing off a 6 on 4 with one minute left of a 1-0 game. I don't think the effort level is indicative of the coach

Uh, it's a one-year contract. The NTC really isn't a big factor, it's just that Smolinski didn't want to have to move at the trade deadline.
If Smolinski keeps playing the way he is, nobody's going to want him anyways. I wonder if it's a no-movement clause.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Doc Hock

The boys are better this year than last even though they haven't rushed out of the gate like they did last year. The Habs have a lot of players and are trying to create internal competition which explains the movements in and out of the lineup.

I think Gainey & Co will make a major trade mid to late November, and no it wont by Ryder and a 2nd

just a hunch

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

It's ok, October is the time to experiment and find out which rituals work and which don't. It's natural.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
BadKiwi

Well, at least I tried last night, before last night the only games my girl friend watched were the losses. I made her go to bed early last night, but we still lost

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
that's impossible, they are 2-2-2 right now

you obviously dont know what you're talking about....just go back to enjoying your leafs playing every other team's backup
OMFG ACCIDENT

Old
10-19-2007, 03:57 PM
RC51

So since many of you think the Habs have a second rate team and bad coach, a GM that can't bring any good UFA's and a team full of decention from there best players, what do you think of the mighty Sens with some of the leagues top players and a team the went to the final last year barely squeaking out a victory last night?

If I were a Sen player I would be glad to get the 2 points but very concerned almost losing to such a second rate team. Maybe it's time to blow up the Sens since clearly they are not as good as last year.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote