HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nedved is a point game guy!

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Nedved is a point game guy!

I really like what Nedved brings to the team. He isn't the Flashy scorer or flamboyant, but he really gets it done. Again tonight he quietly get 2 point and really creates a solid 1st line. Adding york to Dvorak is just Gravy. Once this line gets comfortable watch out. York should be in solid game shape in a week so we may see some fireworks in the coming days from this line.

Old
03-22-2004, 12:11 AM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I really like what Nedved brings to the team. He isn't the Flashy scorer or flamboyant, but he really gets it done. Again tonight he quietly get 2 point and really creates a solid 1st line. Adding york to Dvorak is just Gravy. Once this line gets comfortable watch out. York should be in solid game shape in a week so we may see some fireworks in the coming days from this line.
In an interview after the game Bergeron made it very clear that his goal on the rebound of Nedved's shot was really a deliberate ricochet pass to him. He commented on how it might have looked like a shot but was really a very smart pass because there was no passing lane to him so Nedved shot it low and at that angle so that the rebound would have to come to him. That really impressed me.

Old
03-22-2004, 12:14 AM
Matts

I don't know if Nedved told him that after the fact

or that maybe they practiced it

Old
03-22-2004, 12:41 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
either way, no matter if they make the playoffs or not, Kevin is looking like a genius (and I am too for saying he'd be perfect for the Oilers for about 5 months ) in picking him up!

Old
03-22-2004, 11:37 AM
MrMackey

The biggest thing that I like about Nedved is his 5 PP points. He really adds another dimension out there with a quick wrist shot off the half-boards and great vision. I think Bergie's ability to jump up to the slot on the PP is due in large part to Nedved being in there.

Closed Thread