HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 10/20 - New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins 4PM MSG ‎

Old
10-21-2007, 08:58 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewinder View Post
Did anybody else really start to hate Boston after seeing the game on the NESN cast?

You know I never really held anything against the Bruins even though they play in Boston because unlike other sports the rivalry with New York is not that intense.

However I find the inferority complex and total classlessness of Boston fans and media towards New York to be atrocious and really it makes it hard for me to not wish anything not bad upon the town and team.

What the heck is with NESN bashing the Rangers, their payroll, and Jagr.
Jack Edwards and his "loud and New York Ranger fans, I suppose they go hand in hand."
Brickly and his accent "the Raaangaw's r going to follow the Brons and suffer losing Nylander, let's wish"
and then Milbury "Look at these star struck Rangers struggling, look at Hagr bla blah."

What total classlessness.
What have the Rangers ever done recently to the Bruins to deserve this from the media?
I really am sick of the Boston media and their anti-New York hatred.
Way to take a neutral team and make it up their with Flyers and Isles as hated.
The Boston commentators are a joke. Some of the worst in the business.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 10:59 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I think that very simply put, this team is not doing the things that made is successfull last year. Not much of getting the puck deep and then retreiving it.
This team is designed and built for that style. Jagr so far has not gotten on board. His forcing the PP to pass the puck around eats up more PP time then the opposition does on the PK. On the PP you need low shots and converging players. This is not hard to do, but when all of the players defer to Jagr on the PP what you have is a PP that is lost and has no consistant level of success. The only time we've scored has been when the other team has made horrible coverage choices.

Too bad Straka is hurt now. Obviously Jagr needs a player like Nylander and neither Gomez or Drury fit that style. I've never been a big fan of Gomez, he's a newer version of Phil Goyette. Gomez needs a couple of shooters, Shanny would be one, but we need another on the left side. Maybe when Avery comes back a line of Gomer, Shanny & Avery would generate some offense.

Straka as a center with Jagr and maybe Hossa would work. Normally I think most fans can feel what players would seem to work well with others, but this year I am having trouble seeing the obvious fits. I think Gomez & Drury fit more witht he kids we have than they do with the older players and therein may lie the problem. Sather tried to serve two masters, the older players now and keep an eye on the future with those 2 centers who would compliment the young forwards in the system.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 11:08 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
does Prucha have a damn target on him or what?
His on-ice awareness for avoiding the big hit is as bad as I have ever seen.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Fletch

Is it on-ice awareness...

or is it just Prucha's style to take guys on like that - a bit reckless, but it seems that he knows he's going to get a wallop, but is willing to take the beating. I was actually impressed with how he got crushed by Chara, a couple times on one play, and ended up with the puck and actually moved it with better precision that I'm used to from him.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 11:22 AM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The Boston commentators are a joke. Some of the worst in the business.
Yeah, sure they are the worst.. That's why Brickley is picked to comment tons of international junior competitions as well as games on Versus. To be honest, he drives many of us mad with all praises to the opponents during the game.

BruinsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 11:47 AM
C Alan Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
or is it just Prucha's style to take guys on like that - a bit reckless, but it seems that he knows he's going to get a wallop, but is willing to take the beating. I was actually impressed with how he got crushed by Chara, a couple times on one play, and ended up with the puck and actually moved it with better precision that I'm used to from him.
I was watching some of the game yesterday and saw Prucha get flattened once on the side of the net and thought "You know, you really gotta admire the way the guy gets flattened like that so regularly and keeps getting back up without missing a beat and putting himself in a position where he's going to get flattened again." Then I thought a little more about it and thought "At some point you'd think you'd smarten up and avoid putting yourself in those positions."

So while I admire Prucha's heart, I think his brain needs a bit of work.

C Alan Adan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 12:25 PM
In The Flesh

Prucha was the best forward on the ice yesterday, please don't change your game Prucha

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 12:38 PM
chosen

Quote:
He doesn't see some of them coming at all, a la Exelby. Eventually he will go down and not get up unless he learns to keep his head up. He doesn't have the size to play like Lindros. Lindros didn't have the size to play like Lindros.

I think he will either learn to keep his head up or it will end very badly for him.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 02:26 PM
schmieder44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Orr and Hollweg don't belong on this team anymore if we want to make steps forward toward becoming a contender.
How based on the game how is anything that these two guys did or didnt do make you write this??

there was a shutout and they drew at least penalty i can think of. If your expecting anything offense out of the 4th line i dont knowwhat to tell you. its funny all preseason the majority of this board was praising the value of these guys. The team has offensive struggles to start the season and these 2 are holding the team back?

schmieder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 03:38 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
This team is designed and built for that style. Jagr so far has not gotten on board.
I do not know if he is not on board. He seemed pretty much on board with the necessary style of play from February through the Buffalo series last year. The team, as a whole, is not doing what made it successfull. Speed through the zone (not standing around) and either getting the puck deep and retreiving it or getting quick shots on goal and driving to the net, looking for rebounds.

That is not what they are doing this year. The passes from the zone are not connecting and they seem to be right back to being individuals trying to stickhandle through 4 opposing players.
Quote:
His forcing the PP to pass the puck around eats up more PP time then the opposition does on the PK. On the PP you need low shots and converging players. This is not hard to do, but when all of the players defer to Jagr on the PP what you have is a PP that is lost and has no consistant level of success.
The PP issue goes back to Renney stating that they need to shoot more and Jagr stating that, no they do not. Remember that a few years ago? What was the result? More passing around the perimeter and not enough shooting. The best thing that Renney did last year, was forming a unit that had Shanny as a shooter, Avery screening the goalie, and Mara and either Pock or Cullen on the points. THat unit was the antithesis of the Jagr unit. They did not dilly-dally with the puck. The got the puck and shot it quickly. THe quick shots generated havoc around the net.
THat, however, led to Jagr only playing half the power play. So now this year, it is right back to the Jagr unit playing 1:45 of every 2 minutes on the PP. And the Hoosiers strategy is back in style.

Renney preaches "pounding the puck", and yet puts Straka (who is utterly useless as a pointman on the PP) and Rozsival out there with Jagr. Both of those players first, second and third option is pass to Jagr. Rozsival, in last year's second half revival, at least started to do something on the point besides pass to Jagr. He has been backsliding this year.

Speaking of Rozsival, that is the other issues. Staal has played and will continue to play like a rookie. He will have his ups and downs. Girardi and Toots have been the best defensive pair and it is not even close. They should be the ones who are going against the opposing team's top lines. Rozsival has simply been putrid so far and at best, one can hope that Malik's performance on any given night will not hurt the team. On most night's so far, that has not been the case though.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Edge

Quote:
Sooner or later, he's going to pay for that approach one way or the other. It's one thing to not back down, but a smaller guy has to learn to not get creamed out there either and Prucha is almost always getting sent to the ice.

You look at a guy like Straka, he's not very big at all and he doesn't back down. But he also knows that he can't constantly be picking himself off the ice.

One of these days Prucha is going to get seriously hurt unless he learns to get out of the way.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Sooner or later, he's going to pay for that approach one way or the other. It's one thing to not back down, but a smaller guy has to learn to not get creamed out there either and Prucha is almost always getting sent to the ice.

You look at a guy like Straka, he's not very big at all and he doesn't back down. But he also knows that he can't constantly be picking himself off the ice.

One of these days Prucha is going to get seriously hurt unless he learns to get out of the way.
Straka is just so fast. Plus he's shorter (and more solidly built) than Prucha so he has that whole lower center of gravity thing going for him.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 06:42 PM
In The Flesh

brutal interview by jagr after the boston game, idk typical jagr, but man. rangers on demand at their website if you want to check it out.

Old
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
brutal interview by jagr after the boston game, idk typical jagr, but man. rangers on demand at their website if you want to check it out.
That was pretty bad. I didn't like how they asked him "some of the passes seemed off, like you guys didn't know what was going on," and he answers... "Well, I dunno, I can't speak for other people."

Yeah Jags, like all your passes were awesome and everyone else is ****ing up.

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it... and he wasn't pointing fingers... but it seemed messed up. He's the captain, he should shoulder more criticism in my opinion.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 08:03 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNiteDumpsterBaby View Post
That was pretty bad. I didn't like how they asked him "some of the passes seemed off, like you guys didn't know what was going on," and he answers... "Well, I dunno, I can't speak for other people."

Yeah Jags, like all your passes were awesome and everyone else is ****ing up.

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it... and he wasn't pointing fingers... but it seemed messed up. He's the captain, he should shoulder more criticism in my opinion.
yea I agree, his interviews are horrible, in his head he's saying "get the **** away from me, you're pissing me off" he's the freakin cpt, he better talk and at least act interested, my god