HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Another stunning Cherepanov goal

Old
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
squishy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
I haven't seen one stunning Cherapanov goal yet. In the NHL, stupid stuff like this and that wouldn't happen.

If someone wants to prove me wrong and give me a link to a fantastic Cherry goal I'd be grateful, until then, this kid will not get the recognition lots of people think he deserves.
You might find something that impresses you in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7IaeEzrjHE

But if you're just going to dismiss anything the kid does because of the level of talent you think he's playing against, you probably shouldn't waste your time.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Brushback

Quote:
I haven't seen one stunning Cherapanov goal yet. In the NHL, stupid stuff like this and that wouldn't happen.

If someone wants to prove me wrong and give me a link to a fantastic Cherry goal I'd be grateful, until then, this kid will not get the recognition lots of people think he deserves.
Seeing as Cherepanov was the top ranked European skater in the last draft, and was the Rangers' #1 pick: Who does impress you? If not Cherepanov, then do you like any prospects at all? Seeing as the top of the page says "Hockey's Future", what is it that you're here for?

Brushback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
You might find something that impresses you in here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7IaeEzrjHE

But if you're just going to dismiss anything the kid does because of the level of talent you think he's playing against, you probably shouldn't waste your time.
He really has a tremendous shot and moves around the ice so well. He's also not at all afraid to go down low and work for his goals, which is terrific to see.

As far as lacking a highlight reel filled with "sizzle," I really could not care less. He's a record-setting rookie in the second best league in the world. If he develops into a guy who can consistently score 30 goals with his quick snapshots and nose for the net, then that's fine by me. And that's to say nothing of his vision on the ice and tremendous passing ability, which in and of itself makes him one of the top prospects in recent memory.

On a bit of a side note, I always see "disinterested" and "lacking motivation" when I see criticism of Cherepanov. From the games that I have seen him play, he is certainly not lazy, and judging by his reactions to his goals, he looks genuinely thrilled. I see a lot of passion and hard work in his game, so I have a hard time understanding the frequent criticisms of his psyche.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Jay88*

I guess it comes down to this.

Lets see how he does in the NHL then I guess will see. Or in the AHL where ever he goes first.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Fletch

Goalie should've had it, but...

a goal's a goal. During the game he could've had five other shots that were great shots and efforts that do not go in. We don't go back at Jagr's 50-something goals a couple seasons ago and say "17 goals should've been saved and Graves, on an adjusted basis, had more goals and thus should still be atop the Rangers' single season goal leaders". It showed a decent and possible accurate shot from the left side, a side in which the Rangers currently are showing to be deficient.

Squishy - thanks for the video - haven't heard Prodigy in a while (and haven't seen a post from JCProdigy in a while either, come to think of it).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 06:02 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

it'll just be interesting to see if he and anisimov can create chemistry at the NHl level...that would be 2/3 of a scary line

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
As a goaltender myself.....yuck, Cherepanov will take the point and run though im sure. I guess to the Cherepanov enthusiasts that was there definition of "stunning". Watch Jonathen Toews goal from the other night then talk about "stunning".

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBlackRanger View Post
it'll just be interesting to see if he and anisimov can create chemistry at the NHl level...that would be 2/3 of a scary line
Yea, that's why we should trade Rozsival, Montoya, and a 1st round pick for Malkin.

Anisimov Malkin Cherepanov <-- OMG!

(I'm joking. I know the chances of that happening are slim to none)

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Garl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Yea, that's why we should trade Rozsival, Montoya, and a 1st round pick for Malkin.

Anisimov Malkin Cherepanov <-- OMG!

(I'm joking. I know the chances of that happening are slim to none)

Really, OMG. 3 centers on the same line. What will lead them to their godlike chemistry? The fact that they all were born in Russia? Anisimov and Malkin play in the same way it's like to suggest to mike super line Crosby-Thornton-Henrik Sedin.

And Pens will be stupid to deal Malkin for Montoya+Roszival+1st round.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Avy*

For god sake, in game agains Ak Bars, Ak Bars coach exchange his 2nd goalkeeper on not even backup, but young backup of backup - Galimov, Chere knew this and... shocking i know, he scored a weak goal. What a
villain!

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
As a goaltender myself.....yuck, Cherepanov will take the point and run though im sure. I guess to the Cherepanov enthusiasts that was there definition of "stunning". Watch Jonathen Toews goal from the other night then talk about "stunning".
this goal............. It has to be.........Damn was Theodore stumped, drinking water after that, why, cuase he had cotton mouth, from nerves. He got smoked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM2e9OXxP6o

Old
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
chosen

Cherry may end up great but showing us a goal that I would be ashamed to allow isn't proof of a thing.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 08:41 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Cherry may end up great but showing us a goal that I would be ashamed to allow isn't proof of a thing.
Get over your NYR ego, it was nice. though no one made an attempt to hit him he is a 20 or so year old kid, and with no NHL exp. Too pull off something like that is impressive.Very nice move.

Old
10-22-2007, 09:02 PM
PK76

I think that Cherry was a definite steal by the Rangers...time will tell but the kid has a lot of talent that's for sure.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 05:50 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Yeah, that's not exactly that impressive, but he does have a few nice goals. Anyway, who the hell cares if they are nice or not, as long as he can find a way to put pucks in the back of the net.
well said.

How many 'pretty' goals did Adam Graves score???!! and anyway,surely whenthat little red light goes on, doesnt that make a goal pretty?

if AC gets 40 deflected goals as a Ranger per year, im ecstatic.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 07:12 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
Get over your NYR ego, it was nice. though no one made an attempt to hit him he is a 20 or so year old kid, and with no NHL exp. Too pull off something like that is impressive.Very nice move.
There was no move. He put a puck on net that the goalie blew. I said he might turn out to be great but if a shot like that went in on a goalie here there would be threads calling for that goalie to be traded.

NYR ego? If I knew what that was I'd comment on it.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 07:31 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
There was no move. He put a puck on net that the goalie blew. I said he might turn out to be great but if a shot like that went in on a goalie here there would be threads calling for that goalie to be traded.

NYR ego? If I knew what that was I'd comment on it.
See threads on Dunham and Weekes

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 08:19 AM
Sweet

Hey guys, can we compare Cherepanov with Semin ?

Lots of talents ... but we don't know exactly if he has the heart to compete (exactly like Semin a couple of years ago) !

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Cherepanov set himself aside from many talented Russians by showing tremendous heart. Otherwise we'd have never picked him - same with Artem Anisimov in '06.

And politically correct or not, we do see Russian players clearly having minds of their own and characteristics that strike as uncanny to North Americans. And it's not that they're Russian, it's their system.

IMO, Semin is a very apt comparison. He's not on Ovechkin or Malkin's level, isn't quite as danerous a scorer as Kovalchuk, and a better passer. Much more heart than Kovalev. That leaves you with a Semin type.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Cherepanov set himself aside from many talented Russians by showing tremendous heart. Otherwise we'd have never picked him - same with Artem Anisimov in '06.

And politically correct or not, we do see Russian players clearly having minds of their own and characteristics that strike as uncanny to North Americans. And it's not that they're Russian, it's their system.

IMO, Semin is a very apt comparison. He's not on Ovechkin or Malkin's level, isn't quite as danerous a scorer as Kovalchuk, and a better passer. Much more heart than Kovalev. That leaves you with a Semin type.
Thanks man !

Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote