HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Preds @ Kings - 10.23.07

Old
10-24-2007, 12:51 AM
isleskovalchuk

vCash: 500
bring back vokoun

isleskovalchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:00 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
have you ever seen such a pathetic display...

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
yup ... vs Calgary

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:01 AM
trotzian brow

*******, we suck. Turning into the biggest joke in the league. No goals in TWO games. This is some sad ****. I would rather sit through the '01-'02 season again. At least they gave a ****.

Holy****. 6-0....

trotzian brow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiery Silhouette View Post
*******, we suck. Turning into the biggest joke in the league. No goals in TWO games. This is some sad ****. I would rather sit through the '01-'02 season again. At least they gave a ****.

Holy****. 6-0....
What else can you do but .

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I hate to be this cynical but ...

1) no ownership

2) no coaching

3) no leadership

4) no life whatsoever

Its like they know something that we don't

aka ... MAILING IT IN

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:08 AM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

damn and to think i was actually looking forward to seeing the preds on aussie TV this friday. Might turn into a wake

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:12 AM
Jarnberg

I hope Leipold enjoys the millions he is going to make selling the team to Boots or Balsillie.

Thanks Craig!

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 03:09 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Now you know what it's been like being a CBJ fan!

But seriously Preds fans, it's early. You are missing a lot of top notch talent from last season. It is going to take a while for this team to find it's new identity.

You still have a good core of players and an excellent coach. Hang in there and they'll get it turned around. I have no doubt of this.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 03:30 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Fiddler misses the whole net, Tootoo offsides AGAIN, absolutely nothing going right.
Don't blame it all on Tootoo. Fiddler only went offsides at least 3 times tonight himself.

What the hell were Dumont and Radulov doing on the 3on1? Oh that's right, passing back and forth because they couldn't decide who should actually take a ****ing shot!

Does Ellis start on Thursday? To shake the team up? Or do we scratch someone from the first 2 lines?

Every player should be embarassed. I am as a fan.

Where is this "captain" we had at the beginning of the year? Where are the guys wearing the 'A's? Oh right, being a's on ice.

We couldn't even draw more than one PP! That's from not working hard out there and being lazy.

Was this what the game against Calgary looked like? (I wasn't there but I heard it was brutal, this seemed just as bad)

It's like, they allow the first goal then start thinking "oh here we go again" and start forgetting what to do and making stupid mistakes. We just allowed LA to do whatever they wanted. Most teams have a line or some players that will step up and take over when other lines are being shutdown. We have the opposite, every night it seems like it's a different line/players that step up the suck worse than others.

Gelinas has to be wondering why he came here. 10 stitches in camp, 12 stitches from Ft. Campbell, 6 from the noncall in Anaheim, and now gets a stick in the eye from his own teammate. Poor guy, hope it's not too bad and he can get back out there soon.

Surely this has to be rock bottom? I just don't understand how there can be such a difference between the first 2 games and these last 6. It's the same players. We only lost 3 players from last season (not incl. Vokoun). Most everyone here played together last year and know how to play this system so why does it seem like we have 23 guys who are playing like 18 y/o rookies?

Umm....oh, Legwand went 14-3 in the faceoff circle and we won like 62% of draws (what good does that do though when you give up the puck 2 seconds later). We out-hit them 31-17. That's about all the good from the game.

If they play like this on Thursday, $2 beer night is going to turn expensive.

Anyone want to form a search party to search the area between Nashville and St. Louis for a missing hockey team?

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 05:38 AM
Roger Explosion

I didn't get to watch the game but looking at the scoresheet it's not pretty. Hello Steve Stamkos?

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 06:19 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
This is the worst Predators team I've ever seen. I've only caught the last couple of games, but I've never seen a worse stretch.

I agree that changes need to be made. And this time, it may start at the head coach. We can pretend that this team has a dearth of offensive talent. But realistically, we have more talent than the '03/'04 season.

This is a team that, for whatever reason, is beaten. It's probably not Trotz' fault. It's probably the oppressive environment surrounding the Predators that has created this situation.

But it might make sense to try to move elsewhere at the coaching position. The hope would be that it would spark the team and create a fresh environment different from the current one.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 08:06 AM
Nitrous Mafia

oh my god.....

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 08:27 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
If it wasn't already obvious, we are now clearly the worst team in the NHL. Yes, we're worse than Phoenix. Does anyone on this team, including the coaches, even care? Something has got to give. I shudder to think how humiliating the first home game against the wings is going to be

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
If it wasn't already obvious, we are now clearly the worst team in the NHL. Yes, we're worse than Phoenix. Does anyone on this team, including the coaches, even care? Something has got to give. I shudder to think how humiliating the first home game against the wings is going to be
Someone care's, that is Craig. He wants us to be terrible so that attendance blows and that he can sell to an outside owner easier...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 09:32 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Someone care's, that is Craig. He wants us to be terrible so that attendance blows and that he can sell to an outside owner easier...
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist or whatever, but it's sure looking that way. That's why I won't even get into local ownership group vs. balsille vs. leipold, because it's all one big game of chess and there's more than meets the eye.

Old
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
handtrick

Quote:

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
This is the worst Predators team I've ever seen. I've only caught the last couple of games, but I've never seen a worse stretch.

I agree that changes need to be made. And this time, it may start at the head coach. We can pretend that this team has a dearth of offensive talent. But realistically, we have more talent than the '03/'04 season.

This is a team that, for whatever reason, is beaten. It's probably not Trotz' fault. It's probably the oppressive environment surrounding the Predators that has created this situation.

But it might make sense to try to move elsewhere at the coaching position. The hope would be that it would spark the team and create a fresh environment different from the current one.
I don't know the contract situation of Trotz, but I assume that they pay Trotz's contract for the rest of the season and/or have to pay a buyout penalty if they fire him. I don't see Poile paying 2 coaches under their current economic situation.

They could promote Peterson to coach the team since they are paying him anyway, but will it really make a difference to have a coach that's been here since the start of the franchise when they probably need a new voice and a new perspective?

I've never been an advocate of hiring him, but Crispy would be a (relatively) cheap alternative if he is interested, but he's probably been buddies with these guys for years, so it's hard to tell if the transition from drinking buddy to yelling at them will go over well.

I think we're stuck in every way until the ownership change happens and by the time that happens, we'll be in fire sale mode and will never be able to average enough fans for the local ownership to spend money. You know it's bad when I'm starting to try to justify in my mind that maybe Ballsille would be the best option.

We are in sports hell.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 12:13 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post

Obviously I'm an outsider looking in, but I think Trotz is a good coach. I felt all along that the Predators overachieved last season. You had a good team don't get me wrong, but for me the red flag was that you got out shot on a very consistent basis. That's a sign of goaltending bailing out the defense, and you did get excellent play from both Vokoun and Mason.

With the atmosphere that must be hanging around the club and the key subtractions from the roster, I'm not sure a coaching change will have the desired effect. I think like St Louis recently, the ownership situation needs to be resolved before the team will make strides. But still, I would think / hope Trotz can get more out of your players than he has recently.

doublejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash View Post
I've never been an advocate of hiring him, but Crispy would be a (relatively) cheap alternative if he is interested, but he's probably been buddies with these guys for years, so it's hard to tell if the transition from drinking buddy to yelling at them will go over well.
I'd actually like Crispy as a coach, but word is that due to his heart/blood pressure he has permanently retired from coaching.

I really think the problem is about 40% coaching and 60% low morale due to the pending sale of the team.

Old
10-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Predshockey17

This is just terrible.

Predshockey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Pattypred

Just think - we can't hit bottom any worse than we are now - we are on our way UP!!!!!

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
pred33fan

This is the first game I've watched on the road trip. If that's all I've been missing, I can live without it. Right now, I am almost embarassed to be a fan and I've NEVER felt that way about this team.

pred33fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I thought the same things last night. It plays like a team without heart or pride. Every team in the Central is head and shoulders above us now. Indeed, most every team in the league! I am ashamed of that performance and most of the last few.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2007, 02:54 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack View Post
Obviously I'm an outsider looking in, but I think Trotz is a good coach. I felt all along that the Predators overachieved last season. You had a good team don't get me wrong, but for me the red flag was that you got out shot on a very consistent basis. That's a sign of goaltending bailing out the defense, and you did get excellent play from both Vokoun and Mason.

With the atmosphere that must be hanging around the club and the key subtractions from the roster, I'm not sure a coaching change will have the desired effect. I think like St Louis recently, the ownership situation needs to be resolved before the team will make strides. But still, I would think / hope Trotz can get more out of your players than he has recently.
I disagree completely on several points. First, the shot analysis is off-base. I'm not attacking you because you are admittedly an outsider, but only a boxscore reader would think we got excellent play against Vokoun. Yes, we did get excellent play from Mason, but Vokoun was decidedly pedestrian for sizeable stretches of last season. The shot total was inflated because a lot of teams would pepper us from 30-40 feet out. We were quite solid as a whole defensively. Yes, we had games where the goalie bailed us out, but we had a ton of games where the goaltending wasn't what it needed to be.

Second, we underacheived last year, in my opinion. The team we iced last year was definitely good enough to win the division and take home the President's trophy.

We've lost significant talent from last year, but we've also got more seasoned returning youth like Legwand, Erat, Weber, Suter, Radulov. This year's team, talent-wise, is as good as the team from 2005 except for the current crop of injuries (Sullivan/Weber). However, I think we'd still be a terrible team with those two in there right now.

We are completely underacheiving, and our team has melted down under the strain of the ownership change. I understand that the blame can't be put solely at Trotz' feet. But I think it'd be wise to seriously consider a change. And it's not as if Trotz' is an Adam's award winner here. This guy has led two consecutive disappointing seasons for the Preds, and the thought of firing Trotz has crossed Poile's mind on many previous occasions. So this wouldn't be a knee-jerk reaction.

To that, I'm not even sure this would work. But I think something has to be done. If the Preds let this play out, this team could be out of the playoff race before it even begins. And if that happens, next year we might all be watching the Kansahamilton City Predators enjoying the likes of Alexander Radulov and Shea Weber.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote