HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoffs opponents

View Poll Results: Who would you rather play in Round 1 of the playoffs
Detroit 2 10.53%
Colorado 1 5.26%
San Jose 14 73.68%
Dallas 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 06:02 PM
Oiler94

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
Playoffs opponents

I picked San Jose, because they are the only top 4 team i can see them beating in a playoff series. Colorado, maybe, prob not, Detroit, hell no.
Don't get me started on Dallas.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:25 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler94
I picked San Jose, because they are the only top 4 team i can see them beating in a playoff series. Colorado, maybe, prob not, Detroit, hell no.
Don't get me started on Dallas.
Since this is a "who would you rather play" and not "who do you want to play";
I won't be dissin' any hockey gods by expressing my opinions here.

San Jose would be the more exciting match-up, imho.
But, since you got you started on Dallas, they are certainly ripe for the pickin'.
It would be so sweet and satisfying to slam them into an early summer.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:36 PM
Oilhitch

I think San Jose is the easy choice. They have had a great year, but overall I think the other teams are better.

Old
03-23-2004, 07:49 PM
streetballer03

I prefer Colorado. They're an extremely fragile team. Their fire power probably won't be enough to take the Oilers. If Conklin plays well and gets himself on a little hot streak and we play as well as we have lately then i think Colorado would be the best opponent. We've beat their all-star lineup in the playoffs before and we can do it again. Aebischer is an exceptional goaltender but will need more experience under pressure.

I think the Oilers should be extremely intimidated of Nabokov. He could either let the Oilers roll all over the Sharks or single handedly eliminate Edmonton's chances of making it to the second round. Their forward lines and defensively lines are nothing to scoff at either. I don't care how good our record is with the Sharks this year but if Nabokov gets hot, the Oilers are screwed.

Dallas - The curse continues. If we end up playing Dallas in the first round...i just don't see myself going out of my way to watch that series. I don't care if Dalas' roster was filled with AHL'ers except with Modano and Zubov....the Oiler have no chance. They've had our number and things like that just don't change. After last year i lost all hope.

Detroit - The Oilers are screwed if the play Detroit. The Oil might pull off one win in that series but they won't go farther than game 6 that's for sure. Their stacked on goal, defense and a talented offensive corps. centered around seasoned veterans like Hull, Yzerman, and Thomas. I just don't think the Oilers are defensively able enough to handle players on the Red Wings roster. To add to that, the goaltending is shaky and that's just unacceptable.

Old
03-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Hairball

If we make the playoffs, I don't care who we play.
Detroit- We play well against them. Except for Hatcher, do they really know what it's like here in April? Think they can handle us?

Colorado- I like the way we play against them. It is wide open and fits right into our game. I think we would fare very well against them.

San Jose- I picked them. I think they are the easiest out of the four.

Dallas- We know what to expect here. I hold out hope that we beat these guys every year. We will play well against them. Good enough? We'll have an indication in the next week.

Closed Thread