HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Strudwick to Replace Callahan per Sam

Old
10-25-2007, 08:31 PM
The Big Apple

vCash: 500
With the way Renney plays the rookie call ups, no way.... They would be stuck to the fourth line....

The Big Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

The other possibility is that with the Pack playing - I think - 4 games in 6 nights and Avery back practicing, they're simply going to wait it out with Struds until Avery comes back.

Honestly, if it's going to be more than one game, I'd really like to see a kid come up, but I can't argue with the logic above (it being mine and all ) if that's in fact the case.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
The other possibility is that with the Pack playing - I think - 4 games in 6 nights and Avery back practicing, they're simply going to wait it out with Struds until Avery comes back.

Honestly, if it's going to be more than one game, I'd really like to see a kid come up, but I can't argue with the logic above (it being mine and all ) if that's in fact the case.
Avery just started skating this week, as of yesterday, he still wasn't cleared to practice (and take hits) with the team. If you rush a player back from a shoulder injury and he gets hit again, Avery could easily be out for the year and need shoulder surgery. Is that risk really worth it when it's still October? Not to mention, what's the point of having prospects in the minors? while winning is nice, the main reason they are down there is to help the organization. Having one of prospects come up for 3-5 games (even if they only play 5-8 minutes a game) is not going to destroy their potential or set them back in anyway and might just help the team more than Strudwick is capable of. It's not like he did anything at all that was worthwhile tonight.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
4th line looked fantastic last night. Except for one shift late in the second period the puck was in the Devils zone the whole time and Orr and Struds were down low hitting the d the whole time,. Great team effort and win last night. Believe in the Struds

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
i must say.. Struds didnt look too bad out there.. that 4th line was rocking with some size having Struds and Orr up front....

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
In The Flesh

I love struds in the lineup. I hope he plays there on sat.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
The Struds was a force last night!!!

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 12:49 PM
squishy

Quote:
Still no one up from Hartford, so you can expect the same lineup tomorrow. Renney conceded the player the team was contemplating calling up was Greg Moore, not only because Moore is leading the Wolf Pack in scoring, but because he kills penalties, something the Rangers need (more on that in a bit). But for now, Renney and Co. are going to stick with the same personnel.
http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2007/1...e-of-security/

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

In the game I saw, Strudwick was slow and had a total of one hit (according to NHL.com). Yes, Orr (credited with 7 hits) and Hollweg both were out there wreaking havoc, but Strudwick was just struggling to keep up.

And Betts didn't have a great game either--what's up with his inablity to win draws this year?

Old
10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Ranger;10938453]In the game I saw, Strudwick was slow and had a total of one hit (according to NHL.com). Yes, Orr (credited with 7 hits) and Hollweg both were out there wreaking havoc, but Strudwick was just struggling to keep up.

And Betts didn't have a great game either--what's up with his inablity to win draws this year?[/QUOTE]

i don't know..whats up with his penalty killing..

oh wait...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 04:11 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

[QUOTE=Son of Steinbrenner;10938482]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
In the game I saw, Strudwick was slow and had a total of one hit (according to NHL.com). Yes, Orr (credited with 7 hits) and Hollweg both were out there wreaking havoc, but Strudwick was just struggling to keep up.

And Betts didn't have a great game either--what's up with his inablity to win draws this year?[/QUOTE]

i don't know..whats up with his penalty killing..

oh wait...
I wasn't asking about his penalty killing--I was asking why he's been losing the vast majority of draws over the last several games.

Old
10-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Ranger;10938838]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

I wasn't asking about his penalty killing--I was asking why he's been losing the vast majority of draws over the last several games.
so winning faceoffs is the only thing that defines a good game?

Old
10-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

[QUOTE=Son of Steinbrenner;10938864]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post

so winning faceoffs is the only thing that defines a good game?
I would say it's a very large part of a defensive center's game, especially one who has a total of 11 assists in his career and hasn't had a season where his +/- stat is postive (except one year with Calgary when he played 9 games). If he can't win draws consistantly, sooner or later that puts more pressure on the penalty kill, which is overtaxed due to injuries and the general lack of scoring (not to mention the players who seem addicted to hooking and holding).

Old
10-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE=Brooklyn Ranger;10939019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post

I would say it's a very large part of a defensive center's game, especially one who has a total of 11 assists in his career and hasn't had a season where his +/- stat is postive (except one year with Calgary when he played 9 games). If he can't win draws consistantly, sooner or later that puts more pressure on the penalty kill, which is overtaxed due to injuries and the general lack of scoring (not to mention the players who seem addicted to hooking and holding).
Isn't it obvious why his faceoff stats are down and why they declined towards the end of last season?

His wingers aren't as good in the faceoff circle now as they were in 2005-2006 and the begining of last season. Betts went from Ward and Hossa to Orr and Hollweg..

Betts penalty killing and overal defensive game speaks for itself. You want to bring up +/- fine but at least allow me use it when defending malik or any other forward...

Old
10-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

No I don't think it's obvious--Betts had pretty much the same linemates for the last several months of last season and still managed to stay close to 50% on draws, why hasn't that trend continued this season?

And you can use any statistics you want--they mean different things for different players. Malik has always had a good +/- numbers (he's only been a minus in a season once in this decade), so if nothing else he's consistant in that department.

Old
10-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I love struds in the lineup. I hope he plays there on sat.
So do I but at times i dont. i guess it all depends on the situation. I like having him as a NYR, cause he never complains and knows what his job on this team, which is to fillin when needed and provide some leadership and toughness. i wasnt all for having him in the lineup,when Callahan went down. but I like how they moved Hollweg up, he derves it. he plays hard night in and out and been showing great speed and at times getting some chances to mput the puck on net. to bad he cant finish, cause I oculd see Hollweg being an effective 7-8 goal scorer every season maybe hitting a high of 10 goals. Whihc we will probably never see, but i think it could happen.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote