HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slightly OT: End of the Edge jerseys??

Old
10-26-2007, 03:30 PM
otterulz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan43 View Post
Burn them and bring back the ones from last season. Seriously, the NHL isnt making any money from them. who has bought them anyway? like 2 people probably.
Yeah, that's a bold claim based on nothing. I don't think most teams had them available for a long time so it's hard to make a guess just by looking at people sitting in the stands. Plus if you already own a jersey, what's the incentive to buy a new one, regardless of whether they're the new Edge or the older ones? If they aren't making money (which we don't know), it could be from other factors instead of just, "they look ugly."

I wouldn't be surprised if that article is false. I can't imagine Reebok and the NHL scrapping these things after a month into the season. The difference with the NBA and the NHL is that you had the ball which directly affects the outcome of the game, whereas the uniforms are just uniforms. Plus it's easier to replace balls then an entire league with entirely different uniforms. I think if complaints keep up, we will definitely see modifications and "improvements" made to them, but I highly doubt that these will be scrapped.

otterulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 06:09 PM
King Henrik

Good thing I picked up this discontinued beauty over the week. Had it shipped from Quebec...

By far the fav Jersey of the Rangers. I paid $90.00

King Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
bubba5

Everyone yelled at me during the preseason when I said the players would alter the jerseys during the season. I guess I was not so wrong afterall!

Last edited by bubba5: 10-26-2007 at 07:11 PM.
bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2007, 06:01 PM
stc1709*

Send a message via AIM to stc1709*
well if anyone was watching the ranges pregame they said that reebok has gone back to the old style jerseys from last year with the flat bottoms and such

stc1709* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by stc1709 View Post
well if anyone was watching the ranges pregame they said that reebok has gone back to the old style jerseys from last year with the flat bottoms and such
Al's observant, but not enough so. They're very clearly the same RBK's with the ugly hemline being pinned up. You could see the outline of the rounded bottom when they were doing closeups in the locker room.

Sky Valley is offline   Reply With Quote