HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The OFFICIAL Aigles Bleus Thread

Old
09-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Thanks guys, I spread my hockey too thin appreciate the re-caps. T&T was a little thin on the coverage eh?
Just noticed AUS has all team rosters up now
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...ockey/rosters/
EDIT:
I see Martin Richard is listed without a number.
He's a former Beaver (sorry) an '86 , from Moncton and played with the Beavers 2 seasons from 2004 to 2006.
What's the story on the the 3 guys listed but no numbers assigned?

Last edited by Alpine: 09-29-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-29-2007, 09:20 AM
BlueEagle

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen them play yesterday. Maybe richard but then again there's 3 M. Richards on our team. I'll pay more attention this time to see if they played. That was the last time I'm bringing girls with me to a hockey game hehe.

BlueEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2007, 09:47 AM
BlueEagle

Yesterday, I saw one of the funniest plays ever. One of the McGill guys was on a partial breakaway, Mandeville was hooking him and the player somehow lost his stick. With his quick thinking, he ripped Mandevilles stick out of his hands and tried to deke the goalie with mandeville's stick. Only problem was that the stick wasn't his side haha.

Still one of the funniest plays I have ever seen, made my night

Old
10-01-2007, 05:34 AM
Alpine

Aigles lose 4-1 to McGill.
Closer game than the score, UdeM easily out-shot the Redman.
But that's it for exhibition, bring on the regular season.

Old
10-03-2007, 02:00 PM
BlueEagle

I'm not going to the game today, Leafs game on tv ....
Can someone please fill me in after the game ?

Old
10-04-2007, 05:48 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
I'm not going to the game today, Leafs game on tv ....
Can someone please fill me in after the game ?
And I didn't go either, passed on it and the Wildcats game tonight to take in most of the Junior A Showcase this weekend at the J-Louis with-out rufflling to many feathers around the homestead. 12 games in 4 days for 25-30$
So I'll just have to read the paper or check-out an online news source.

Old
10-10-2007, 07:25 PM
BlueEagle

Whas there a game tonight or was it just bad Advertisement??

Old
10-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Bernier26

Quote:
Whas there a game tonight or was it just bad Advertisement??
The game was postponed to Saturday because they feared that they wouldn't be enough fans for the season opener on a Wednesday night.

Bernier26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Bernier26

Hey fellow Aigles Bleus fans!

It's been a slow week waiting for the Saturday's season opener so we might as well have a little fun and speculate!

1. What do you think will be the opening day lineup?

2. Game prediction for Saturday?

3. After Christmas signings/transfers?

I will post my predictions later

Old
10-10-2007, 07:37 PM
BlueEagle

I haven't put much thought into the aigles bleus lately, exams are ****** me at the moment.....I will also post later, gtg study

And yes it was a good idea that they postponed the game till saturday but they aren't thinking about us leafs fans hehe got to love HNIC...

Old
10-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Alpine

The "expert" from the Freddy Beach Gleaner has us 3rd going into the season:
http://www.universitysport.ca/e/stor...il.cfm?id=9253 Part 1

http://www.universitysport.ca/e/stor...il.cfm?id=9254 Part 2

I'm sure they'll be putting up the AUS championship plaque. UdeM's 11th Atlantic Conference championship since the 1st was given out in 1929.
Home opener a no miss event.
http://www.atlanticuniversitysport.c...ey/pastchamps/

Last edited by Alpine: 10-11-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old
10-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Bernier26

1. What do you think will be the opening day lineup?
Guessed most of the forward lines,

Bétournay-Bureau-Laprise
Girard-Doucet-Robillard
Berube-Robichaud-Laplante
Saulnier-Gautreau-Bezeau

Trudel-Mandeville
Gilbert-Brideau
Melanson-McLean

Lachance
Richard

2. Game prediction for Saturday?
UdeM 3-0

3. After Christmas signings/transfers?
Transfer Pierre-André LeBlanc from University of Ottawa
Sign Justin Vienneau as a forward
(both are rumors, not guesses)

Last edited by Bernier26: 10-12-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: EDIT: Lafrance out 2 weeks, Bergeron out 4-6 weeks *******!
Old
10-12-2007, 08:08 AM
BlueEagle

Wow, This is harder than I thought, I would tend to agree with you foward lines since I don't really have a clue. I would put a Laplante on the 2nd line but robillard give them some size that they need, Doucet and Girard aren't exactly giants.

The defensive pairs are much easier to put together. I am willing to say that Mandeville and Trudel are one of the better defensive pairs in the league so it's obvious to put them together.

Is it a fact that Lafrance wont be dressed or just a guess?

3-2 aigles bleus

Old
10-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Wow, This is harder than I thought, I would tend to agree with you foward lines since I don't really have a clue. I would put a Laplante on the 2nd line but robillard give them some size that they need, Doucet and Girard aren't exactly giants.

The defensive pairs are much easier to put together. I am willing to say that Mandeville and Trudel are one of the better defensive pairs in the league so it's obvious to put them together.

Is it a fact that Lafrance wont be dressed or just a guess?

3-2 aigles bleus
Yah, Lafrance is out 2-3 weeks injury.
The only question with the predicted line-up is Mathieu Richard is a Defenceman. Bernier26 must mean Mathieu Berube up front?
But I can see Mathieu Richard replacing McLean on the D?

Old
10-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Bernier26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
The only question with the predicted line-up is Mathieu Richard is a Defenceman. Bernier26 must mean Mathieu Berube up front?
But I can see Mathieu Richard replacing McLean on the D?
Yeah, I totaly forgot about Berube! In the exhibitions that I saw, they tried out Bezeau and Mathieu Richard as forwards. Bezeau was actually pretty good too, showing off his offensive flare. I could see him playing on the point of the second PP unit with ... Brideau? Melanson? And having Bezeau as a forward will minimize the damage if/when he does rookie mistakes. IMO, Mathieu Richard will have a hard time cracking this D core baring any injuries.

If everything goes well, we will pick up a full forward line after Christmas. Stronzynski can resume skating, LeBlanc will transfer and Vienneau will join.

Did you guys hear anything about either Vienneau or LeBlanc?
From the rumors that I heard, Pierre-André LeBlanc, Ronnie LeBlanc's son, wanted to join les Aigles 5 years ago but Charlie Bourgeois didn't like him. He is a big (6"2?) center with great offensive talents, so a Laprise-LeBlanc-Strozynski offensive line could be pretty good. About Justin Vienneau, he is a tough guy (6"4, 250PIM) but has some pretty decent skills because he got drafted by Columbus in the 6th round. He was invited to their AHL training camp but a back injury stopped him from going. He is playing in the Valley league for Cape-Péle I believe, and hopefully playing as a forward. He could be like a defensive power forward in the future so I would love to see him sign at Christmas.

Old
10-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Alpine

What's to be said about a 5-1 win and out shooting the Tommies 42-25.
Not sure if les Aigles are that good or STU is that bad?
1250? in attendance, that must be paid, looked like 1500+ to me (joking). But how do they count when UdeM students get in for free. Anybody ever figure out how they count the attendance?
EDIT:
I'd heard last year that because of the policy of UdeM students getting in free that the Fire Marshall had limited ticket sales to 1600-1700 range.
Is this true or just a rumour?

Last edited by Alpine: 10-13-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old
10-14-2007, 09:55 AM
BlueEagle

I know that when we get in, the security guys all have like counters and count everyone. I guess thats how they include students , they add the final number on the counter and the ticket sales.

I can't beleive I opted to stay home and watch the leafs lose. Next time it will be a no brainer. Who got the goals ? Anything worth noting about yesterdays game?

Old
10-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Bernier26

Quote:
Who got the goals ? Anything worth noting about yesterdays game?
St Thomas is very weak, likely the worst team in the league. Moncton dominated from the start and got into penalty trouble at the end of the game. The goal scorers were: Mandeville-PP, Laprise-PP, Bureau-PP, Bezeau and Doucet. Laprise had a disallowed goal a few minutes in. Bezeau played great. Melanson looks faster this year. Brideau is finaly healty and was great. The Doucet-Girard-Robillard line combo has really good chemistry. Robichaud seems much improved over last year. Laplante played really physical. Bétournay-Bureau make virtualy no mistakes and should play in every situation.

Old
10-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Bernier26

UdeM @ STFX

The game is on the radio live with CKUM for free at http://www.umoncton.ca/ckum/ecoutez.html

Update after the first period: 2-1 for les Aigles. Doucet and Trudel scored. UdeM scored 2 goals in the first 10 minutes (One on a 5-3 PP) but STFX scored with 30 seconds left.

Update after the second period: 2-3 for STFX. Undiscipline by les Aigles lead to numerous PP's to STFX.

Update after the third period: 2-3 for STFX. The penalties where very loopsided, 16-6 in favor of STFX. Bezeau got cut badly and there was blood was all over the ice, but no call. Trudel got a game misconduct and 5 MIN major for punching someone during a "brawl". STFX's goalie was amazing, Lachance was pretty good too.

Last edited by Bernier26: 10-19-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: update
Old
10-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Alpine

Good to see CKUM doing games again, it's been a while eh? Thanks, I stopped checking. Have you heard anything about Television Rogers this season?
A couple good kicks in the arse never hurt anyone. As long as this losing thing doesn't become habit forming.
Huskies tonight in Hali, won't be listening. Plan to go see the 'Cats act tonight and Patrice Cormier back home for his only visit this season.

Old
10-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Alpine

So I come to this morning and race (okay crawl) to the 'puter and .........AU BIEN, AU BIEN.........WASSUP LA
SMU 7-3 over Les Aigles? Two loses in a row? Im not used to this.
Is that attendance on the AUS box score right or just a screw up? 382? Doesn't the Forum hold like 5,000? Beavers draw more than that.
Oh, well 'Cats won, finally. Patrice wasn't in the line-up for Rimouski, wonder why?
Is this gonna be a long season in Moncton?

Old
10-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Bernier26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
SMU 7-3 over Les Aigles? Two loses in a row? Im not used to this.
Is that attendance on the AUS box score right or just a screw up? 382? Doesn't the Forum hold like 5,000?
The game was a lot tighter than the score would reveal. The game was tied 3-3, 10 minutes into the third. After SMU scored off a mistake form Mandeville, Lachance let in three quick softies.

The game was at a very small arena at the Saint Mary's campus because the Mooseheads were playing at the forum.

Last edited by Bernier26: 10-21-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old
10-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Bernier26

UdeM @ SMU

I went to the game and here are my thoughts.

First of all, the referee and the linesmans were absolute jokes. It really makes you wonder how high the level of officiating in N-S is. I remembered that ref from a game at Dalhousie, and he has a horrible skating technique.

He probably hates UdeM because the fans laughed at him pretty badly last year: It was at Dalhousie and with so little fan support last year, the crowd was about 1/3 UdeM fans. When the ref started skating onto the ice before the players came, his technique was so bad that all the the UdeM fans started laughing. "Eye of the Tiger" was playing and his arms where akwardly swinging perfectly to the beat. It was absolutely hilarious ! Because he was the only one on the ice and the UdeM fans dominated verbally, it was clear the the laughing was directed at him. I don't want to be mean but it was just a perfect funny moment.

He was against UdeM from the start and made ridiculous calls. When Mongrain wanted to talk to him, he refused and kept giving us penalty after penalty. Some penalties where clear penalties but most of his calls where pathetic. He made 2-3 makeup calls on SMU that where also pathetic. He and his linesman where often in the way of the puck and screwed up many plays. A call that got me really angry was an icing from Moncton that the linesman, close to their bench, waived off. No doubt about it. The decided that it was an icing after all and the faceoff was in Moncton's zone, where SMU scored off right off the faceoff. A linesman cannot change his mind after making his decision. . I won't list all the wrong calls/miscalls he made, as they are too numerous, but he was a absolute joke. Mandeville hit a SMU player who was on a one on one, and he got an interference call?!?

Apart from the ref who pretty much stole the spotlight, SMU seems to have a pretty solid team. They have speed, size and often try for the long pass on the smaller ice surface. Moncton's lineup has many injuries, forcing them to basicly play with 3 lines. Strozynski, Bergeron, Gilbert and Lafrance are out with injuries. The lines where :

Bétournay-Bureau-Laprise
Girard-Doucet-Robillard
Robichaud-Laplante-Sonier
Bérubé-Thérien-Richard

Mandeville-Trudel
Brideau-Melanson
McLean-Gilbert/Richard*

*Gilbert only played a few shifts

On the goals:
Saint Mary\'s - Justin Munden (Dan Rudisuela ) - EV 00:12 Right off the opening faceoff, Sonier lost his man and 3-2 rush occured.
Moncton - Nicholas Robillard (Ian Mathieu-Girard, Remi Doucet) - EV 13:26 A great play by Girard on a 2 on 1, he made a perfect pass and Robillard made no mistake.
Saint Mary\'s - Jon Howse ( ) - EV 14:20 The goal I talked about after the conteversial icing call.
Moncton - Pierre-Andre Bureau (Mathieu Betournay ) - SH 15:17 Perfect forchecking on the PK by those two. Bétouray forced a turnover at SMU's blueline and Bureau got a mini-breakaway.
Moncton - Pierre-Luc Laprise (Mathieu Betournay, Francis Trudel) - SH 00:34 Once again, great work on the PK by Bétournay and he set up a Laprise one-timer which gave the goalie no chance.
Saint Mary\'s - Marc Rancourt (Cam Fergus, Cody Thornton) - PP 06:18 A goal off a questionable call after great PK'ing, this really demoralized Moncton.
Saint Mary\'s - Ryan Bowness (Jon Howse, David MacDonald) - EV 11:48 A very stupid play by Mandeville lead to this goal. He had the puck in his zone and had one player after him. He had plenty of options but instead, flipped the puck straight in the air and hit the roof. SMU won the faceoff and scored off it.
Saint Mary\'s - Cam Fergus (Marc Rancourt, Cody Thornton) - EV 13:28
Saint Mary\'s - Marc Rancourt (Andrew Hotham ) - EV 13:40
Saint Mary\'s - Jon Howse (Dan Rudisuela ) - EV 19:16
Three one on one's where the defenseman did his job but Lachance, who was playing amazingly till that point, let in three regular shots.

Near the end of the game, Rudesuela was stickhandling with his head down and McLean absolutely nailed him. Some fans saw an elbow, some saw a shoulder, but it was a hit to the head and an automatic game misconduct. It happened really quickly so I'm not sure if an elbow came up. That fired up SMU and a brawl happened after the final buzzer.Both benches and penalty box where on the same side quite close to each other. Teams did not shake hands and had it not been for some control by players from both teams, a 40 man brawl would have occured.

Old
10-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Alpine

Well thank-you for the re-cap.
I didn't notice Alumni Arena was the venue of record. I thought the Huskies played all home games at the Forum. I've been to the arena on SMU campus, yes very small.
Got a kick out of your comments about NS game officials. Went to both Cats games this weekend and came home to look up the Refs bio, not because I was impressed with their work and lo and behold both were from our sister province to the east.
A minimum 6 times over both games play was whistled down for a penalty whilst the none penalized team had possession and had posession for a little bit.
UdeM should build a ref school close to the new medical school

Old
10-28-2007, 12:18 AM
BlueEagle

Fighting in the CIS??

Is Fighting in the CIS now permitted?

As of what I remember last year, they did not let the players fight. This year during fridays game, they let them go at it for a good 20 seconds. I really hope they do let the boys fight. I think it would remove most of the cheapshots because the players who do them won't be protected by the "no fighting rule" and would have to face the consequences of their actions.

----------------------------------------

On a side note, I was really surprised by the 5 goal 1st period on friday, reminded me of last years team a bit...