HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Panthers @ Predators - 10-27-07

Old
10-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Bad Karma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingobangobongo View Post
How did Ellis play? I'm thinking about keeping him for awhile, since Backstrom was injured today. Don't worry, I also have Harding.
He played pretty good, I'd hang on to him. But I am biased

Bad Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Jarnberg

Nice to see the organization display a montage for Vokoun and for the fans to give him a standing ovation.

It was really weird to chant Vokoun (hard name to chant too.. (still easier then Khabibulin)).

Not the best display by the Predators. Tons of give aways, errors, etc.

Dumont has looked terrible lately; too many giveaways, not in sync, etc.

The two wins over Atlanta and Florida are going to be just as impressive as the wins over Colorado and Dallas, with the former being against struggling teams and the latter over two tired teams playing at the beginning of the season. Still good to see the team grind out a win though.

The team will need a much better effort and display to even come back with one point from this upcoming road trip. I cringe thinking about what our record is going to be after that.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 08:55 AM
lstcyr

Nashville getys late goal to defeat ex-Pred Vokoun
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....37/1328/SPORTS
Physical line scores last goal
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....33/1328/SPORTS
Ellis improve to 2-0 but starter not named yet
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....34/1328/SPORTS

Vokoun's return is a let down
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...,7378468.story

Last edited by lstcyr: 10-28-2007 at 09:01 AM.
lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones93 View Post
He played pretty good, I'd hang on to him. But I am biased
It was a bad call, but seeing as how we won, I'm going to imagine we didn't get screwed on a controversial call once again....

10-28-2007, 11:09 AM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
I still have so many mixed feelings.

Im so glad we have the points and this was my first game of the season to see live, it was great to be back in the arena, but man...dang.. the standing ovation about made me want to cry and I just hate the way things happen sometimes. I really hope TV takes the Panthers to the playoffs.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I still have so many mixed feelings.

Im so glad we have the points and this was my first game of the season to see live, it was great to be back in the arena, but man...dang.. the standing ovation about made me want to cry and I just hate the way things happen sometimes. I really hope TV takes the Panthers to the playoffs.
No, you should really be hoping that the Panthers finish as low as possible in the standings and hopefully wind up a lottery team. We own their first and second round picks this season.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 01:18 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, you should really be hoping that the Panthers finish as low as possible in the standings and hopefully wind up a lottery team. We own their first and second round picks this season.
I know, I guess I just have a soft spot left for Vokoun.

Did you guys listen to the wrap up show? What do you think of the line "We gave Vokoun the goalie chant out of respect."?

Then a guy called in and said that he was disappointed that 303 chanted at Vokoun citing, "without Tomas Vokoun we would have no real franchise to even speak of."

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I know, I guess I just have a soft spot left for Vokoun.

Did you guys listen to the wrap up show? What do you think of the line "We gave Vokoun the goalie chant out of respect."?

Then a guy called in and said that he was disappointed that 303 chanted at Vokoun citing, "without Tomas Vokoun we would have no real franchise to even speak of."
Meh.

I think it would have been wrong not to chant his name. Of course he doesn't suck. I think everyone is grateful for what he did for us. However, he's now a goalie on another team.

We gave him a standing ovation during the first TV timeout and a video tribute. Had people booed him or not clapped or whatever, that would have been disgraceful.

I don't think Vokoun is going to walk away from that game thinking, wow they don't really like me there. He acknowledged everyone during the video tribute.

Those people calling in in disgust over his name being chanted are the same ones who complain about every little thing. They were probably the same people last year calling in to complain that Chris Mason wasn't playing enough and will complain whenever we play Chris Mason again.

Old
10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
braindead

I couldn't bring myself to join the chant. I know it likely didn't bother TV but it bothered me. I still feel bad for him-- he was kicked out of his home team because he played well enough and liked Nashville well enough to give us a below market contract on a franchise goalie with a year before the no-trade clause kicked in. To each his own though.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I couldn't bring myself to join the chant. I know it likely didn't bother TV but it bothered me. I still feel bad for him-- he was kicked out of his home team because he played well enough and liked Nashville well enough to give us a below market contract on a franchise goalie with a year before the no-trade clause kicked in. To each his own though.
Don't get me wrong, I still feel bad for him too.

Old
10-30-2007, 12:32 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Just wanted to say what a great tribute by the fans for Vokoun. I couldn't do the 'you suck' chant. If anyone noticed, not many people did it at all anyways. But during the pregame show Willy played a clip from the morning interview with Vokoun and he joked about it. Someone asked if he expected to be cheered and he said he didn't know what to expect, but then laughed and said maybe he would get the 'You Suck' chant, too. So I think he was expecting to hear it. But like others, I couldn't do it. I feel bad for him, too, he really didn't want to leave but I'm glad that he's starting to play better for FLA (I really don't care about the draft pick because I don't know that it will end up meaning anything for Nashville anyways, the organization-yes, Nashville-who knows ).

I like that line of Bonk-Smithson-Ortmeyer. The last 2 games they've been all over the ice.

Smithson- the scoring machine!!

I loved the way Bonk drove to the net in the last 30 seconds. Instead of curling towards the boards when someone got near him, he actually turned towards the net and just threw the puck towards the crease. And, surprise, it bounced off Smithson's ass and went in. Why are other of our players so afraid to put shots on goal or just send a little wrist shot towards the goal with a bunch of traffic in front?

And I liked the way that the players just kept going, never giving up even when we got behind or tied. We kept our composure and just kept battling. Something we hadn't quite been doing when we were losing before. Hopefully we're turning things around.

It's nice that guys like Smithson, Nichol, Tootoo are getting goals because we need it, but wow our top guys are just ice cold. Arnott had 6 shots on goal, but came up empty.

PK/PP was not so hot. A pretty good goalie on the other end stopped a few good shots or we would have a few PPG's.

A win is a win, no matter who it's against, we needed it.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote