HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Standings Situation

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Démon Blond

vCash: 500
Aren't you going a wee bit ahead with these speculations? Let's take it one game at the time and everything will develop nicely with this Habs team.. although a All Canadian Stanley cup serie would indeed be sweet (Not TO though, that team I hate )

Old
03-24-2004, 07:59 AM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Démon Blond
Aren't you going a wee bit ahead with these speculations? Let's take it one game at the time and everything will develop nicely with this Habs team.. although a All Canadian Stanley cup serie would indeed be sweet (Not TO though, that team I hate )
Not speculating...not even predicting...just hoping. As much as I WOULD like a Montreal/Toronto Final, it is impossible...they're in the same conference.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:27 AM

Just a quick note, don't want to get ahead ourselves right now, but let's say we were to beat the Sabres tonight and then beat the Sens on Thursday night we would have 94 points and on Thursday night the Leafs play the Bruins, so let's say the Leafs lose, they would also be at 94 points, but we would win the tie breaker cause that would leave us at 42 wins

Old
03-24-2004, 10:42 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
I'm a Sens fan and I'd love to see them play Montreal. I really hope in fact the Sens finish 4th and the Habs 5th. They're one team we do well against...with the exception of that last terrible performance.

Old
03-24-2004, 10:50 AM
fidette

It's great to see the Habs playing that way, but as many of you said, the final standing doesn't have a big impact if we finish 5th, 6th, 7th because the first four teams are about the same strenght. And I really dont know which one i'd like the habs to face in the first round. But it would be great to kick the ass of Boston again, just like two years ago

Instead of that, it would be fine to see the habs in front of Ottawa and Toronto at the end of the season as expert predicted us far away down the standings and Ottawa far away up.. And it's always a pleasure to see the habs in front of the leaf.

Go Habs Go !!!

Old
03-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Habber

Hey, the higher up in the standing we are, the better. 4th would be great of course, but even by finishing 5th, the potential is there for home ice advantage in the 2nd or 3rd round. If we finish ahead of the Sens and Devils, there's a good chance they could both win their series and we'd play one of them 2nd round with home ice advantage. Or if the Isles pull of an upset there's a chance of playing them 2nd round.

Old
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I'm a Sens fan and I'd love to see them play Montreal. I really hope in fact the Sens finish 4th and the Habs 5th. They're one team we do well against...with the exception of that last terrible performance.

Out of all the supposed favourites in the East Ottawa is the team I fear the least, witht that shaky goaltending, Sens are due for another playoff letdown, Lalime's confidence has gone down the drains, I live in Ottawa, and i've suffered a long time because all of my friends are Sens fans, and over the years i've always told them that the Sens will never win a Cup with Lalime in nets, they would always argue with me that Lalime is a great goalie, but this year they all agree with me that Lalime is shaky at best, over the past few years Lalime has had great numbers but has benefited from a great defense in front of him, this year the weird thing is, the defense is arguably better then it's been the past few years but Lalime constantly lets his team down with bad goals...as for the Sens team in general, the only thing that puts fear in my heart is the Sens PP, it's deadly with Alfredsson at the point, that being said all their best players are soft and always disappear when the going gets tough so i'm not worried at all...I'd want to stay away from the Flyers and Leafs anybody else I think we have a great chance at beating

P.S.-I still think Tampa Bay is phony and have accumulated a great record playing vs. weak competition in their division and is a team that will eventually fold in the playoffs...but they are a team on the rise but they aren't ready for prime time yet...

Old
03-24-2004, 11:30 AM
Corey

It would be great to get as many home games as possible. That's unlikely to come from seeding, so I guess they'll just have to keep winning and winning against higher seeded teams.

Old
03-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Jacques Strappe

Know what else is interesting?

Regardless of the nonsensical rule where the winner of each division gets a top 3 seed, this year it is highly likely that all teams in the playoffs will be at their correct placement. That is to say, all 6 divisional winners will actually be deserving of a top 3 seed in their respective conferences.
It's not yet a lock, but almost.

Old
03-24-2004, 02:48 PM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
[SIZE=1]

I agree with you twice. And anyone who thinks the Islanders are an easy out, might also be in for a surprise. No, I'm not a Isles fan, just pointing out what a great playoff year it will be in the east. And also happy to announce that Scott Stevens has been skating for the last 2 days without any problems. Devils might just come together at the right time. Yes, I'm a Devils fan!
I'm not even kidding, I hope Stevens gets knocked out on the first hit he takes when he comes back. I HATE the devils....

Old
03-24-2004, 04:00 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
Out of all the supposed favourites in the East Ottawa is the team I fear the least, witht that shaky goaltending, Sens are due for another playoff letdown, Lalime's confidence has gone down the drains, I live in Ottawa, and i've suffered a long time because all of my friends are Sens fans, and over the years i've always told them that the Sens will never win a Cup with Lalime in nets, they would always argue with me that Lalime is a great goalie, but this year they all agree with me that Lalime is shaky at best, over the past few years Lalime has had great numbers but has benefited from a great defense in front of him, this year the weird thing is, the defense is arguably better then it's been the past few years but Lalime constantly lets his team down with bad goals...as for the Sens team in general, the only thing that puts fear in my heart is the Sens PP, it's deadly with Alfredsson at the point, that being said all their best players are soft and always disappear when the going gets tough so i'm not worried at all...I'd want to stay away from the Flyers and Leafs anybody else I think we have a great chance at beating

P.S.-I still think Tampa Bay is phony and have accumulated a great record playing vs. weak competition in their division and is a team that will eventually fold in the playoffs...but they are a team on the rise but they aren't ready for prime time yet...
I think we could beat Tampa too, but if Khabibulin gets hot, they're gonna be really tough.

The Flyers and the Sens don't have great goaltending, but I still fear the Sens the most. We've played near to our best and the Sens still dominated play and they completely dominated the Avs without Forsberg and Tanguay while we merely beat them.

If Belfour's back is still acting up, I don't mind playing them either. We can play with Toronto.

I'm not scared of the Flyers either. They are overrated and are not that tough at all. They have Primeau, Roenick (maybe), Brashear and then a bunch of soft euros. Bring them on. Last time we played them we outskated and outhit them.

We have Theodore, remember!

Closed Thread