HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Greatest Penalty Killers

Old
10-18-2007, 09:11 AM
LapierreSports

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to LapierreSports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Pelletier View Post
Hello. My name is Joe Pelletier. I'm a long time lurker. Some may know me from my websites such as http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/ and http://www.1972summitseries.com/ .

A piece I'm looking forward to begin working on is the best penalty killers/penalty kill tandems in hockey history. I thought I'd throw it out to this list here and get your suggestions. Feel free to make your contribution.
By the way...great site !

LapierreSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2007, 10:57 PM
Joe Pelletier

Greatest Penalty Killers now at GreatestHockeyLegends.com

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input on this thread. I've used some of your suggestions for a feature piece at GreatestHockeyLegends.com . Here's the direct link, which includes a shout out to the history gang at HFBoards.com:

http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com...n-killers.html

Enjoy!

Joe Pelletier

Joe Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Sens Rule

Wow, you actually used my stuff on Ottawa's PK the last couple of years. I did not mean to imply that Ottawa's PK tandems were among the best off all-time just that they have been among the best the last couple of years.

I am thinking Jarvis/Gainey is the tops.

Sens Rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 01:03 AM
God Bless Canada

I know it's a little late, but I want to welcome Joe Pelletier to HF Boards, and more specifically, the History of Hockey section. It's a tad ironic that a forum on a hockey prospects site would have an outstanding history forum. You'll quickly earn deep respect for guys like pappyline, justsomeguy and mcphee (long-time fans who have forgotten more than many will ever know). Guys like Ogopogo, reckoning, Hockey Outsider and BM67 really know their stuff, too. (There are more, and I apologize for any omissions). And if you have a numbers-related question, pnep probably has an answer.

I've enjoyed reading your site, Joe. It's been an invaluable resource for the All-Time Draft. Speaking of which, feel free to swing by there and take a look.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
I know it's a little late, but I want to welcome Joe Pelletier to HF Boards, and more specifically, the History of Hockey section. It's a tad ironic that a forum on a hockey prospects site would have an outstanding history forum. You'll quickly earn deep respect for guys like pappyline, justsomeguy and mcphee (long-time fans who have forgotten more than many will ever know). Guys like Ogopogo, reckoning, Hockey Outsider and BM67 really know their stuff, too. (There are more, and I apologize for any omissions). And if you have a numbers-related question, pnep probably has an answer.

I've enjoyed reading your site, Joe. It's been an invaluable resource for the All-Time Draft. Speaking of which, feel free to swing by there and take a look.
I'd like to echo this sentiment.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 02:00 PM
FutureConsiderations

My favorite from the Bruins was Dave Reid. This guy was solid and always came up with that clutch shortie.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote