HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

skate sizing

Old
10-29-2007, 10:10 PM
greekdrummer

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to greekdrummer
skate sizing

hi i need help on skate widths. my feet arent EE wide but they arent normal width either. some people tell me that some brand skates are a little bit wider thatn others. i have bauers now and i think they are a little too narrow because my feet hurt at the sides sometimes. does anyone know how the widths of the skate brands run? thanks

greekdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 08:18 AM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekdrummer View Post
hi i need help on skate widths. my feet arent EE wide but they arent normal width either. some people tell me that some brand skates are a little bit wider thatn others. i have bauers now and i think they are a little too narrow because my feet hurt at the sides sometimes. does anyone know how the widths of the skate brands run? thanks
How often do they hurt and where? It might be as simple as getting them stretched.

Generally speaking, CCM and RBK's are wider then Bauers. I am told the NBH One90 is a different fit then anything else in the Bauer line. With Grafs it depends on the model.

stick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 08:33 AM
sc37

vCash: 450
All skates are different as, so if you gonna switch, go try them...I mean like stick says, one90s are different but then factor in the Vapors which are a bit narrower while the NBH Supreme(outside of the one90) are extra deep and wide.

I think Mission, CCM have an E width..but the lasts they use are different so that must be factored it. So it's not as simple as I need an E width. But if it's just the sides, try loosening the laces even.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc37 View Post
All skates are different as, so if you gonna switch, go try them...I mean like stick says, one90s are different but then factor in the Vapors which are a bit narrower while the NBH Supreme(outside of the one90) are extra deep and wide.

I think Mission, CCM have an E width..but the lasts they use are different so that must be factored it. So it's not as simple as I need an E width. But if it's just the sides, try loosening the laces even.
Agree. Skip holes if necessary and use grippy laces to control the tension where you need it or don't want it.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Gino 14

Have you ever had the skates baked?

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
vexXed

Get over to 'modsquad hockey' and all your answers will be solved.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/

I asked about the sizing of a pair of Grafs that I wanted, they got back to me and now they are perfect. Don't forget that all skate brands suit different people, and you should mention your foot type (high/low instep, high/low arch, wide/narrow forefoot and heel etc).

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
greekdrummer

sometimes they hurt on the side if i skate for longer than 10 minutes. i need skates that are just a little bit wider than my bauers. in some narrow running shoes its a little difficult to put them on. i know my feet are a little wide. are ccms wider than bauers?

Old
10-30-2007, 05:16 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Tacks are/were, vectors aren't. Supremes(excluding one90) are wider than Vapors. Easton and Flexlites are the widest. RBKs are similar to Tacks but with a wider heel.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 06:55 PM
greekdrummer

im thinking about the ccm vector 6.0 special editions, i know a lot of people that have them and they look really good for the price. would those be a little bit wider than my one50s

Old
10-30-2007, 08:31 PM
sc37

vCash: 450
Welllll your one50s are pretty wide already.

sc37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 08:44 PM
greekdrummer

i thought bauers were for average to narrow feet

Old
10-30-2007, 08:53 PM
nodq

I have wider feet as well and use the RBK 5K pumps in E. I was told RBK/CCM's E is equivalent to other brands EE. If you can try them on, thats the best thing, if not, try to at least try on a skate within the brand (as most tend to be similar in shape). If you are on a budget, loosen the laces.

I bought a second hand pair of bauer rollers and even though they are a size bigger (9D) than what i wear on ice (8E), they are tight on my feet. I don't play roller that much so i think i'm gonna stretch them out a bit or loosen the laces.

nodq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Crosbyfan

Quote:
They then jump to EE as well. Easton has an E. I have Easton 10 E for my 11&1/2 EE feet. Took a while to break in and I started the laces without lacing the closest 2 eyelets to the toes, snug everything else, easing up slightly on the top set of eyelets. Don't be afraid to try this, leaving out eyelets, it can be hard to leave them loose enough otherwise, and you can include them later as the skate breaks in if necessary.

Crosbyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 09:49 PM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
read my above post to see where the supremes fit in, I already answered your question.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 09:54 PM
greekdrummer

ill see if the shop at the rink i go to stretches skates. if they do then ill probably get them stretched.

Old
10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
greekdrummer

i dont know if this will help but my foot hurts at around the middle part which is where the nike bauer logo is on the side of the skates. will stretching the skate help that section?