HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators @ Flames - 10-30-07

Old
10-30-2007, 11:15 PM
braindead

vCash: 500
Ok, I think I must have seen it somewhere-- Toronto trip perhaps? I kept thinking it was Corky from that god-awful TV drama that used to be on.... I knew that wasn't right though. Congrats on the W.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 11:37 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
so what gives? I didnt get to see this one. Mason let in 5 AGAIN? Were they bad goals? Calgary's d shut us down at even strength, how?

it's going to be a looooooong season.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Flames2007

Man, it's about tie we beat ya's 2 in a row! You guys always had our number for the longest time but hey, i'll be cheering for ya's whan ya play the Vancouver Cansucks! Go Nashville go! Good luck the rest of the season guys!

Flames2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 12:05 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Good game tonight, guys.

Mason is a better goalie than what we saw tonight.

Good luck with the rest of the road trip, especially against the Oilers and Canucks.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Johnnybegood13

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
It's a character named Bubbles from a show called Trailer Park Boys.
There's a little more to it as well, i grew up playing hockey against his brother and we remained friends over the years. The real Bubbles is a member here and thats why the aviator

Johnnybegood13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 12:58 AM
Walkingthroughforest
johnny be good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy-4-50 View Post
There's a little more to it as well, i grew up playing hockey against his brother and we remained friends over the years. The real Bubbles is a member here and thats why the aviator
hah, seriosuly?
whats his username?

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 01:23 AM
Johnnybegood13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole435 View Post
hah, seriosuly?
whats his username?
Well it's not Bubbles

I will say he's a habs fan. he doesn't post a whole lot anyway.

Johnnybegood13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 02:09 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Ugh. Dominate the first few minutes, give up a goal and look like crap. But the 3rd pd was much better, where was that effort after we gave up that first goal and the second period?

Who or what do we have to sacrifice to get Arnott, Dumont, Erat, Legwand to score a goal?

We did have 40 shots so it's not like we're not getting shots or chances. Kipper did make some great saves but still we should have been able to get a few more by him.

I agree...sit deVries. He was awful. If Weber wasn't out I would sit Zidlicky again, too.

2 turnovers by Hamhuis led to odd man rushes leaving deVries back to "defend" which led to 2 goals. If deVries defends better, at least 2 of 3 goals don't go in and we still have a chance.

Radulov played well. He deserved that goal. It was nice. Finally a PPG on the road.

I thought Legwand played well. Not great, but pretty well. And Suter, too. Really with the exception of a few guys they played fairly well, not good enough to win but not that bad that we should have lost 5-1.

Why does Dumont look like he's afraid of the puck? Instead of going to the net with no one in between him and Kipper, Dumont chose to PASS!

A Flame takes a shot and it bounces over Mason's shoulder and into the net. Legwand takes a shot like that on the 3on5 and it not only bounces over Kipper's shoulder, but also the entire net!

I only blame Mason for maybe 2 goals.

But hey it's not all Mason's fault. Since we can't score more than one goal then Mason basically has to pitch a shutout to get us a win. We've only scored 3 goals on the road in 5 games. I just don't understand how we can't score at all. It's not like we don't have the talent. It's just not going in at all. Hopefully it's coming and I think (I hope) that when it does come it will come in bunches.

I didn't think Calgary's announcers were all that bad. I fully expected them to have some kind of crappy comments about the team/sale but they didn't and just told it like it was, that deVries had terrible coverage, Mason made some big saves and played fairly decent, Radulov is a good young guy, Weber is a stud that we really miss and we deserved a better fate.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 06:33 AM
lstcyr

Predators remain winless on the road
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....62/1328/SPORTS

Kipper earns his keep against Nashville
http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...fa98dd&k=98922

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 08:33 AM
RollingPredFan

I went to sleep after the 2nd period, you knew it was over lol

Its not why we lost but those are some WEAK calls to get them on the 5 on 3. And we got the 5 on 3 we couldnt do anything. I'm disapointed in JP and Arnott I was expecting alot more out of them

Its depressing to be a Preds fan at the moment.

Id just like to see the local guys buy the team... Have Trotz replaced, Sully and Weber healthy and we make a trade for a bonafide playmaker which we dont have anymore it looks like...

Until then, we suck lol

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 09:11 AM
xEx

Looks like a lot of people went to sleep after the 2nd. I fell asleep on the couch, woke up for a second to see it 4-1 and was out for the night.

Weber get well soon, everytime Calagary was coming down the ice I was looking to see if DeVries was on the ice. He looked terrible on Iginla's first goal, although Mason did overplay expecting the puck to go all the way through to the far guy.

It was funny to see Trotz breath a sigh of relief after Radulov scored thart PPG.

You'd think a guy lid Zidlicky who has taken a few shots to the head for concussions, wouldn't be dishing out elbows to the head. Zidlicky seems to be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

Good news is Vancouver is 1-5 at home so far this season.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 10:15 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 195
hope you guys can recover.

how has attendance been?

Thanks,

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 10:44 AM
darth5
No!

Plainly, we suck.
DeVries-- does Atlanta want him back? He is awful, must be a -10 at this point (too lazy to check).
Arnott, Legwand and Dumont need a long hard look in the mirror. They are just not producing. I frankly don't get it. Is it Trotz's constant juggling that throws them off? We can't expect Rads to carry the scoring on this team yet, he is not ready for that. And say what you will, two of the first three should have been stopped by Mason-- Calling Mitch Korn!

I am reluctant to waste another evening watching right now, and won't if a better game is on CI.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by flannelman View Post
hope you guys can recover.

how has attendance been?

Thanks,
About as good as de Vries was last night...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 12:42 PM
volzok

deVries is a -1. Erat and Hamhuis lead the way at -5. We have 3 players over even. Radulov, Bonk and Ortmeyer are all at +1. Link here if you are curious about others.

volzok is offline   Reply With Quote