HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

teamate stealing points

Old
10-31-2007, 10:26 AM
speedway

vCash: 500
teamate stealing points

My teamate has jealousy issues, particularly with me. He hasn't been producing and is falling behind. After our last game this past weekend, he emailed the coaching staff and complained that he has been "losing" points (totally untrue). Four days after our game,I check my stats online and see that I have 1 point less than i had during the week while he has 2 points more!.I check the scoresheet and lo and behold, it had been juggled around so that he acquired another teamates goal, one of my 4 points had gone to the "untouchable" leading scorer and he got someone else's assist. This is Midget AAA folks, not Novice! What would you do in this case, particularly as this 1 point cost me rookie leader of the month?!

speedway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
XweekendwarriorX

I wouldnt really care its one point if he needs to be like that than let him points were nver a big thing for me i cared more about how good i was doing on the ice and playing well and winning and honestly its 1 point dude who cares.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Gino 14

Not really sure how you can "change" an official scoresheet. Once the goals and assists have been reported by the refs and the sheet signed, it can't be changed. Ask for a copy of the officials' scoresheet.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 11:27 AM
speedway

They did change it. It is online. Whatever. Coach says he watched the video. Hope its true, just on principle.

Old
11-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Gino 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
They did change it. It is online. Whatever. Coach says he watched the video. Hope its true, just on principle.
Online isn't the official scoresheet, and if it's USAH, they don't allow the use of video, so in no way would those changes stand up (even if they were correct).

Old
11-01-2007, 07:00 AM
brymel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I assume your refering to pointstreak. It doesn't really matter all that much. I know of a kid who's dad was the manager of the team. He would get assists when he wasn't even on the ice. It always comes out in the wash. Now he is on a team without daddy as manager and only has one point this season.

brymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
I had a guy on my high school team back in the late 70's who would get an assist and he wasn't even on the ice.He had to keep up with me but I didn't say anything.To me winning the games was more important than some guy cheating to get points.

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2007, 01:44 PM
NYYmt62

I don't think there is anything you can do about it. You could ask your coach if you could see the tape, but then he would probably get annoyed at you. I am sure it does not really matter what they put on the web, he probably just does not want to get in arguments with the players about points. The paper copy is all that matters, I think once the coaches sign the scoresheet it is official.

NYYmt62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2007, 05:00 PM
speedway

the paper copy is actuall shown online.

Old
11-01-2007, 05:28 PM
McNasty

I would probably fire a puck at him in practice or something, something you can claim is an accident but that guy sounds like a total dick.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2007, 05:32 PM
saskganesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal View Post
My teamate has jealousy issues, particularly with me. He hasn't been producing and is falling behind. After our last game this past weekend, he emailed the coaching staff and complained that he has been "losing" points (totally untrue). Four days after our game,I check my stats online and see that I have 1 point less than i had during the week while he has 2 points more!.I check the scoresheet and lo and behold, it had been juggled around so that he acquired another teamates goal, one of my 4 points had gone to the "untouchable" leading scorer and he got someone else's assist. This is Midget AAA folks, not Novice! What would you do in this case, particularly as this 1 point cost me rookie leader of the month?!
I would suggest that hockey is a team game and that you show some leadership by example to your whinging, insecure, childish teammate. take the high road and drop it.

saskganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Gino 14

When it comes down to it, it's not your teammate that's taking points, it's your coach.

Old
11-02-2007, 06:36 AM
RedK

If you're good enough to be rookie leader of the month, you're good enough to go earn another point and let him have your sloppy seconds without whining. Be the bigger man.

RedK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 08:28 AM
MikeD

USA only recognizes 3 achievements. Hat trick, playmaker and shut out. The rest of it is your league/association. scoring leader of the month? BFD bottom line is the win loss column.

While individual stats are fun they shold also be factual. You. the players, know if a stat has been placed on the score sheet incorrectly or nt included. gaining assists isnt a biggie as long s it doesnt ake away from a player who was also earned an assist. Giving up false goals to pad a players stat is just plain wrong. Your entire team needs to let your coach know that its wrong....try a post practice lockerroom chat.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote