HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines 3 and 4 - How to clean up this mess...

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 12:45 PM

vCash: 500
Lines 3 and 4 - How to clean up this mess...

We all know who are top 6 forward are, Koivu, Zednik, Bulis, Ribeiro, Ryder and Kovalev, that we know for sure, and let's not get into this Perreault should be on the 1st line crap...

However, I find that the real problem lies in lines 3 and 4, we have a bunch of players their but we don't know how put them all together...ideally as our 3rd checking line we would all like to see the following...

Bégin-Dowd-Ward

IMO that's a very solid checking line, the problem is that it significantly weakens our 4th line, what we have left is ....Perreault, Dagenais, Juneau, Dackell, Sundstrom and Langdon...

we could go with:Sundstrom-Juneau-Dackell, but then we lose in the toughness department not having Langdon, teams will try to intimidate the Habs...

So this is my question, how do you see the 3rd and 4th lines?

P.S.-If there was one bad note I would give Gainey it's for not going out and getting Mike Grier, he would of been a perfect fit on our 3rd line, but who knows? maybe Gainey did try but the Sabres asked for too much or maybe didn't want to trade with us

Old
03-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Habs4Cup

Location: Montreal, the only city where Stanley Cups come in cases of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
We all know who are top 6 forward are, Koivu, Zednik, Bulis, Ribeiro, Ryder and Kovalev, that we know for sure, and let's not get into this Perreault should be on the 1st line crap...
Bulis is a great player, but doesn't ahve the scoring ability to play on the first two lines. He is great on the 3rd. I'd keep Perreault on the first because he's a good sniper. I really like the lines of Bulis, Sundstom and Dowd, and Langdon, Begin and Juneau.

Which leave Dags and Dackel in the press box.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:51 PM
Darz

In a perfect world you have 12 forwards with 4 clear defined lines. But in the real world you are always juggling lines based on performance and injuries and so forth. I mean every team in the league juggles there lines. You ride the hot performers on the top lines maybe bounce a guy or two in and out of the press box, crap like that all the time.
I have confidence that come playoff game #1, Julien will have a good idea of what he wants and where to play all the players. Right now is a good time to experiment.

Closed Thread