HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Just Wondering

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2004, 11:02 PM
  #1
CanoeRider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Just Wondering

With the way the NHL is, it seems as if a lot more teams are developing power forwards(see FLA with Anthony Stewart and Nathan Horton).So my question is do the Oilers have a good PF in the system?? Either in the AHL or Juniors.

CanoeRider is offline  
Old
03-22-2004, 11:03 PM
  #2
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeRider
With the way the NHL is, it seems as if a lot more teams are developing power forwards(see FLA with Anthony Stewart and Nathan Horton).So my question is do the Oilers have a good PF in the system?? Either in the AHL or Juniors.
Hmm power forward wise we have Mikhnov, McDonald, Rohlfs, Caron and possibly even Henrich if he keeps playing well. Mikhnov seems like he could possibly end up panning out and McDonald has had a very strong second half to the season.. the jury is still out on the other two though so people around here have begun to have faith in Caron becoming an NHL player..

Cerebral is online now  
Old
03-22-2004, 11:14 PM
  #3
Oiler94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Oiltown
Posts: 866
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
definetly Mikhnov..

If Puliot can gain some weight..

Oiler94 is offline  
Old
03-22-2004, 11:54 PM
  #4
H-Bear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: North Bay ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Jason Bonsignore .

H-Bear is offline  
Old
03-22-2004, 11:58 PM
  #5
tylerr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,019
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to tylerr
What kind of player is Kyle Brodziak?

tylerr is offline  
Old
03-23-2004, 12:20 AM
  #6
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerr
What kind of player is Kyle Brodziak?
From what I've read, he can best be described as a solid two-way forward.. he supposedly doesn't shy away from contact but he's not the most physical player.

Cerebral is online now  
Old
03-23-2004, 12:25 AM
  #7
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
What about JF Jacques? I think I've heard of him being compared favorably to Ethan Moreau. If he can develop better hands, I can see no better power forward than that.

As for Brodziak, Cerebral probably has it right. He's not all that physical but is a smart, smart player in both ends of his zone. I don't really see the power forward mentality with him.

momentai is offline  
Old
03-23-2004, 12:31 AM
  #8
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
What about JF Jacques? I think I've heard of him being compared favorably to Ethan Moreau. If he can develop better hands, I can see no better power forward than that.

As for Brodziak, Cerebral probably has it right. He's not all that physical but is a smart, smart player in both ends of his zone. I don't really see the power forward mentality with him.
Eep I forgot about Jacques.. it sounds like he's having a pretty decent season but I'm a wee bit scared of that shoulder of his that Guy mentioned in his article. Blah, no more posting for me else I'm going to fail 2 midterms tommorrow!

Cerebral is online now  
Old
03-24-2004, 09:00 PM
  #9
TheBrew
Registered User
 
TheBrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 540
In the upcoming draft i could see Andrew Ladd falling into the Oilers laps

TheBrew is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 11:31 AM
  #10
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrew
In the upcoming draft i could see Andrew Ladd falling into the Oilers laps
The Stanley cup winning team picks last no matter what...he won't be available by the time we pick

misfit is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 01:09 PM
  #11
CanoeRider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
who is andrew ladd??

CanoeRider is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
  #12
Oilhitch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
The Stanley cup winning team picks last no matter what...he won't be available by the time we pick

LOL nicely said

Oilhitch is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 01:10 PM
  #13
Walsher
Registered User
 
Walsher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeRider
who is andrew ladd??
Good prospect playing for the Calgary Hitmen.

Walsher is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 01:30 PM
  #14
t0mf00lery
Registered User
 
t0mf00lery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Barrie, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Eep I forgot about Jacques.. it sounds like he's having a pretty decent season but I'm a wee bit scared of that shoulder of his that Guy mentioned in his article. Blah, no more posting for me else I'm going to fail 2 midterms tommorrow!
I've seen Jacques play a few times. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of soft hands, but his work ethic and determination are second to none.

His reckless style does get him into trouble in the Q though. Also, it may lead to him being injury prone.

t0mf00lery is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.