Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

allstar game info

Old
11-02-2007, 05:25 PM
missing teef

vCash: 500
allstar game info

hello atlanta! im a sharks fan coming into town in january for the allstar festivities. i was hoping some of the locals could give me some info on where's a good place to stay/eat/drink/party etc. whats the weather like in january? what are some good golf courses in the area? and anything in general that someone making thier first trip to georgia should know.

thanks in advance for the info

missing teef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2007, 08:34 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
well the good golf courses aren't really near philips arena, afaik...and i don't golf, but there's the historic east lake course (it's over 100 yrs old) where they hold the pga tour championships or something like that....
http://www.eastlakegolfclub.com/layo...439&page=13110

might be fun to check it out... (it's probably the closest to "downtown" you'll get...the rest are out in the suburbs)

as far as where to stay, well there are several hotels near the arena downtown...pricey, but hell, you're paying big bucks for game tix so you may as well splurge. i've stayed at the marriott and the westin peachtree plaza (that's the tall cylindrical building) and the marriott is newer but the peachtree plaza has a cool revolving restuarant at the top (you ride up an elevator on the outside of the building, which is fun in and of itself) where you can get a really awesome view of the metro area if you're into that sort of thing.

i'm sure there will be other people with suggestions on more golf courses and stuff...

oh and the weather in january usually sucks, unless you're into cold rain. and to top it off, we have had a horrible ice storm the last weekend in january for the past few years in a row (i only remember this because i have a dog event that weekend that was cancelled due to weather at least 2 years in a row...)

but you never know...sometimes it's nice....it can be 50 one day and 30 the next...

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Speaking of the All-Star game...

Remember Vote for Rory?

Let's vote Enstrom in

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote