HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Guys who are coming up huge

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 02:50 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Guys who are coming up huge

Without going into great detail about the exploits of every Oiler in the last dozen or so games, it's so cool to see all of these different players step up and make enormous contributions.

Brewer, Smyth, Bergeron, Torres, Moreau, Nedved and Pisani have all had "that kinda game " recently, and others have just been rock solid in all areas.

Unlike in past years when we've gotten lip service about how "noone wants to play the Oilers in the playoffs", I really feel like this is a team that everyone is scared of and rightly so.

Anyways, for whatever reason I think it would really mean a lot to these guys to see Oates be the next one to take charge and make that difference. I'm a huge fan of his and I'm sure that there are 19 players in that dressing room that feel the same way, right now he's the only guy who just hasn't made that much of an impact.

C'mon Oates, go out with a bang. Make us all believers in you over the last 5 games and the playoffs!

Old
03-25-2004, 08:26 AM
Mr Sakich

I would add bergeron and Devo as guys who have played well lately.

Old
03-25-2004, 04:56 PM
Matts

If Dvorak had any kind of finish

the Oilers wouldn't be able to afford to pay him.

He has tonnes of hustle and is a heckuva passer but how many times does he flub or mi**** the puck on a rush just before he gets to the net?

He reminds me so much of the old Marchant when his head couldn't catch up to his legs.

Old
03-25-2004, 05:33 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
the Oilers wouldn't be able to afford to pay him.

He has tonnes of hustle and is a heckuva passer but how many times does he flub or mi**** the puck on a rush just before he gets to the net?

He reminds me so much of the old Marchant when his head couldn't catch up to his legs.
mis-hit was censored, that's hilarious.

Old
03-25-2004, 06:13 PM
oilers24

Horcoff has played extremely well, dvorak is using his speed and he is very effective when he does that!!

Closed Thread