HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A proposal of wicked collaboration from an enterprising Preds fan!

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 12:51 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
A proposal of wicked collaboration from an enterprising Preds fan!

With both of our teams currently in playoff spots, and given that we play similar styles\work the same blue-collar ethic..heck, we're even sister cities...I have a proposal!

I call upon all good Oiler fans to join your Nashville brethren in wishing MUCH bad juju up on the St Louis Blues. I mean, let's face it...big payroll...25 years in a row...Chris Pronger. Who wants all that? Rather than looking at each other as enemies, let us work together...and curse the Blues, so that BOTH our teams might acquire post-season glory!

How about it?

Old
03-25-2004, 12:54 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
With both of our teams currently in playoff spots, and given that we play similar styles\work the same blue-collar ethic..heck, we're even sister cities...I have a proposal!

I call upon all good Oiler fans to join your Nashville brethren in wishing MUCH bad juju up on the St Louis Blues. I mean, let's face it...big payroll...25 years in a row...Chris Pronger. Who wants all that? Rather than looking at each other as enemies, let us work together...and curse the Blues, so that BOTH our teams might acquire post-season glory!

How about it?
NEGATIVE..BLues r my sec fav team.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:54 AM
Jamie

Quote:

How about it?
If we could do something about it I'd say great! But right now it's a three way battle for the last 2 spots and all I care is that the Oilers make it. I'd much prefer Nashville be the other team, but that's a moot point at this moment

Old
03-25-2004, 12:56 AM
KlingonHockey

I think we all feel the same way about St. Louis. The only thing better than making the playoffs this year is if we make it at the expense of the Blues. Overall, the only thing that could've made this season a complete success would've been if Dallas had continued to rot in 10th and if we were to go on and win the cup.

Old
03-25-2004, 12:56 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
If we could do something about it I'd say great! But right now it's a three way battle for the last 2 spots and all I care is that the Oilers make it. I'd much prefer Nashville be the other team, but that's a moot point at this moment

well, exactly! that's what i'm saying. we don't turn any attentions away from our own teams winning...we just focus our NEGATIVE chi on the Blues LOSING!

Old
03-25-2004, 01:15 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
well, exactly! that's what i'm saying. we don't turn any attentions away from our own teams winning...we just focus our NEGATIVE chi on the Blues LOSING!
yeah, I can get behind that!

Old
03-25-2004, 01:21 AM
punk_o_holic

How can you ppl not like teh Blues???you got to like them because of players like Osgood, Tkachuk, Weight, Low, and Pronger and mucj much more.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:30 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic
How can you ppl not like teh Blues???you got to like them because of players like Osgood, Tkachuk, Weight, Low, and Pronger and mucj much more.
Maybe because one of those players was STOLEN from us (but we tricked them and turned the scraps we got for Weight into valuable pieces!).

Old
03-25-2004, 01:30 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

I do like Weight a lot... which is one of the reasons I'm not much of a Blues fan.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:31 AM
The Rage

Quote:
we're even sister cities.
Why do you keep saying that? I've never heard that in my life. If it's true, cool, but can anyone else coaberate this?

Old
03-25-2004, 01:34 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
That's exactly why I hate them, they're a store bought team. If teams like the Blues and Rag$ were winning as much as they ought to be with their enormous payrolls it would be at the expense of... you guessed it, the teams with no money who shouldn't be winning.

I was kind of hoping for LA to join us there because it's probably Luc's last year and that team's been through so much with all of their injuries, but if they've finally fallen down and can't get up then I'm onboard with Edm/Nash getting the last two spots.

I still like Douggy Weight, he's just an extremely nice guy and way more approachable than you'd expect a star nhl'er to be, but my hatred for the Blues lives on just the same. I'd love it if they missed the show.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:35 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rage
Why do you keep saying that? I've never heard that in my life. If it's true, cool, but can anyone else coaberate this?
I think it's true, actually.

We're also sister cities with Harbin, China. If they ever get an NHL franchise, we should support them too.

edit: proof!
http://www.sister-cities.org/sci/directory/usa/TN

Old
03-25-2004, 01:40 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie

We're also sister cities with Harbin, China. If they ever get an NHL franchise, we should support them too.

Yeah, I've heard of Harbin, but never Nashville. Weird, especially considering Nashville is certainly alot more well know here than Harbin. Does this actualy mean anything though? I mean, I think they should take advantage of it some how, like have a "Nasville day" or something.

Old
03-25-2004, 02:02 AM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie

Hey thats true, have you ever read the Tropic of Hockey by Dave Bindini? It has an interesting section on Harbin.

Old
03-25-2004, 07:04 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
I am NOT a St. Louis fan by any mean.

I mean Dallas Drake, Keith Tkachuk, Yablonski...

Not exactly the 3 Tenors.

Old
03-25-2004, 07:44 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
hey look Belfast is there as well, so thats canadian communists in Edmonton, chinese communists in China, IRA Terrorists in Belfast and those ugly uniforms in Nashville!

REJOICE!!

Old
03-25-2004, 10:04 AM
kyle

Quote:
The exact reason I hate the Blues.. and Gary Roberts. People tell me that I have to like them.. I don't have to like anything.. that's what makes this country such a beautiful place.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:38 AM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabi_sultan
hey look Belfast is there as well, so thats canadian communists in Edmonton, chinese communists in China, IRA Terrorists in Belfast and those ugly uniforms in Nashville!

REJOICE!!
We are the new Axis of Evil!

Old
03-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Tkachuk is the biggest baby, Reed Low? Come on this is a guy who came into the league spouting off saying he was the toughest guy and would fight all the heavyweights - Laraque took care of that pretty quick. Weight is god. Osgood is terrible. The Blues are good but I hope they finish 9th or 10th.

Old
03-25-2004, 03:36 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Tkachuk is the biggest baby, Reed Low? Come on this is a guy who came into the league spouting off saying he was the toughest guy and would fight all the heavyweights - Laraque took care of that pretty quick. Weight is god. Osgood is terrible. The Blues are good but I hope they finish 9th or 10th.
I liked weight when he was an oiler, but when he pulled the old I will only sign with these teams crap he became a hated man in my book. He cost us a good return with that ploy and for that I will always hate him. He plays for the Blues so they get my animosity as well. I hope they finish 9th so at least the kings get a better pick.

GO OIL!

Old
03-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
I liked weight when he was an oiler, but when he pulled the old I will only sign with these teams crap he became a hated man in my book. He cost us a good return with that ploy and for that I will always hate him. He plays for the Blues so they get my animosity as well. I hope they finish 9th so at least the kings get a better pick.

GO OIL!
He never pulled any "I will only sign with these teams crap" at all. He was traded. The Oilers never even offered him a contract and he was disapointed about that. He cost the Oilers nothing. Reasoner, Stoll, Deslaurier, Horacek for Weight - seems pretty fair to me.

Closed Thread