HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Hossa(what if thread)

Old
11-03-2007, 04:18 PM
mercury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
I don't even see how we sign Forsberg. According to NHLSCAP, we have 521K available right now.

http://www.nhlscap.com/teamnumbers.htm
We'd have to deal Knuble, or at least Kapanen or Umberger, but I think that Forsberg could fit with creative capology. Someone with better knowledge of the financials could fill this in.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickamore View Post
Obviously.
And the reason for your juvenile avatar, signature, etc. is?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 04:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 332
I don't know about a trade, but if we can make the cap space happen (I'm not sure how, but after last season I believe Holmgren can do anything including walk on water). I'd seriously consider signing Hossa if it makes sense because he would be a serious game breaker, I believe moreso than Gagne. He's always needed a center to play with, and imagine how lethal he would be with Briere.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I don't know about a trade, but if we can make the cap space happen (I'm not sure how, but after last season I believe Holmgren can do anything including walk on water). I'd seriously consider signing Hossa if it makes sense because he would be a serious game breaker, I believe moreso than Gagne. He's always needed a center to play with, and imagine how lethal he would be with Briere.
won't work with the cap... he already is on a 7M contract. obviously a fantastic player.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I just don't see the point of talking about this when there's not even a 1/100 chance that it happens.
For fun, get a ****ing sense of humor man!

People on these boards ( HF Boards ) are so up tight its pathetic.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 04:47 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
won't work with the cap... he already is on a 7M contract. obviously a fantastic player.
Eh, with trades, who knows where the cap rises (or falls) to. I'm not counting on it, but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Old
11-03-2007, 04:48 PM
phlocky

Honestly, I see even thinking about trading for Hossa as a complete waste of time. Could we make the cap space neccessary to fit him in after the trade deadline??? Yeah. Could we put together a package at the deadline that would land us him??? Again heck yeah. But I ask you WHY??? We have ZERO chance of re-signing him after the season is over so he'd definitely be just a rental player. Look at what Forsberg brought us in return last year. If Hossa becomes an available player at the trade deadline he will most likey be the best player available and therefor have a heavy price to pay to get him. We are finally in a good position for the future. We have started this season very well but lets be honest, we aren't a cup winning caliper team YET. Hossa most likely isn't that one little missing piece that we'd need to bring in the cup this year and there is no way we could keep him after the season was over. Therefor, why should we even consider weakening our current team for next year and sacrafice some of the prospects we are counting on for our long term future just to make it into the 2nd or maybe the 3rd rnd this year? I just see that as being very foolish.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Safir*

Quote:
High praise for the likes of Radek Bonk, Todd White, Eric Belanger, Jim Slater or Patrick Stefan. Hossa profitted from playing with a playmaking winger in Slava Kozlov.

As for the deal. I think that we would ask for maybe Jeff Carter, PHI'08 1st rounder & a salary dump like Umberger...maybe more. Generally, speaking we need centers, RW and impact Dman.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Lupul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
I don't even see how we sign Forsberg. According to NHLSCAP, we have 521K available right now.

http://www.nhlscap.com/teamnumbers.htm
We should have about $2.5 million right now since Gauthier was waived.

Lupul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 05:08 PM
flyboys15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Käptäin Kärppä View Post
High praise for the likes of Radek Bonk, Todd White, Eric Belanger, Jim Slater or Patrick Stefan. Hossa profitted from playing with a playmaking winger in Slava Kozlov.

As for the deal. I think that we would ask for maybe Jeff Carter, PHI'08 1st rounder & a salary dump like Umberger...maybe more. Generally, speaking we need centers, RW and impact Dman.
I think you misread what he was saying unless im just missing the sarcasm here, I think he was saying those wingers listed were useless for him except for Kozlov...

flyboys15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboys15 View Post
I think you misread what he was saying unless im just missing the sarcasm here, I think he was saying those wingers listed were useless for him except for Kozlov...
It was sarcasm on my part. BTW I listed centers not wingers.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 05:15 PM
flyboys15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Käptäin Kärppä View Post
It was sarcasm on my part. BTW I listed centers not wingers.
whoops, tit for tat

flyboys15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Nacho
Special

GP 10 G2 A2 P4 -4

I can see the interest...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Death of a Martian

I say we trade Richards, Carter, Coburn and Biron to the Canadians for Halak, Ryder and a 2nd, then trade Halak, Ryder and Mtl.'s 2nd to Atlanta for Hossa.

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Norm MacDonald

Even if the Flyers had the cap room, I wouldn't want to see them pay what it would take to get him. He's so talented, but he's completely dogging it in Atlanta this season and he's a known underacheiver in the playoffs.

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 06:03 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
That is so disgustingly impossible. Exactly how could we afford his probable 5M+ AND have to sign richards carter umberger, coburn, and smith???

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Jester

Quote:
Eh, with trades, who knows where the cap rises (or falls) to. I'm not counting on it, but I also wouldn't rule out the possibility.
we may end up adding that much salary (7M) between Richards, Carter, and Coburn alone... no matter how much the cap moves next summer, it's not going to allow us to add a 7M player onto this roster... unfortunately.

the only forward you could move to clear much space at all is Hartnell, and if he has a craptastic year (meaning you'd want to trade him), no one is taking that contract.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 06:35 PM
BringBackStevens

This would only be possible if we got rid of Gagne

meaning, it won't happen

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2007, 11:13 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
we may end up adding that much salary (7M) between Richards, Carter, and Coburn alone... no matter how much the cap moves next summer, it's not going to allow us to add a 7M player onto this roster... unfortunately.

the only forward you could move to clear much space at all is Hartnell, and if he has a craptastic year (meaning you'd want to trade him), no one is taking that contract.
OK, it's a what if thread, alright? I can come up with any scenario I damn well please.

Old
11-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Death of a Martian

I've always liked Hossa but..... a person wonders if this is the year his career suddenly takes one of those Euro-Nosedives that so many other European hockey players have suddenly, inexplicably taken.

You have this European player on your team that's a point producing machine, then all of a sudden the machine just stops and there isn't a mechanic in the land that can fix him or figure out why it has happened.

Death of a Martian is offline   Reply With Quote