HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Saw this in the gameday and I agree: Staios should get a rest

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 04:19 PM
Matts

vCash: 500
Saw this in the gameday and I agree: Staios should get a rest

I really can't be all over Cross for not getting that puck out, just fortunate guess by the Stars dmen that was on the right side. I sure didn't like the fact he was behind the net on the tying goal goal.

How did that happen?

But anyway, I agree with the guy who said Staios needs a rest. The guy looks totally gassed out there. Maybe we can get Semi in for him come Sunday vs the Yotes

Old
03-25-2004, 05:04 PM
oilers24

he does look tired but it comes with the trade we need this guy going for us he has been a rock. hopefully we can win a few and clinch and give some guys a rest. I felt after Mac T went down to three lines last night he tired them out especially after 3 games in 4 night and lenghty back to back on the road.

Old
03-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Big T

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers24
he does look tired but it comes with the trade we need this guy going for us he has been a rock. hopefully we can win a few and clinch and give some guys a rest. I felt after Mac T went down to three lines last night he tired them out especially after 3 games in 4 night and lenghty back to back on the road.

Agreed, the boys do look tired. At least a few of them. We wouldn't of been down to three lines had MacT put Isbister in there instead of Hemsky. Hemmer needs some press box time, as he is just too weak on the puck to try and do the things that he tries. He needs to learn how to play against very strong opposing D men. ( This isn't roller hockey Ales!! )

Not that the Isbister - Oates - Chimera line would have been out ther for the last 5 minutes, but they would have been out for the third period to give the other three lines a bit of a break.

I don't think the boys are playing too great the last couple games though. But they are squeaking by. This reminds me way too much of the Leafs at the end of there really hot streak earlier this season. They were winning at the end, but they were playing sloppy and taking too much for granted. I don't want to see the Oil do this here.

Go Oilers!!!

T

Old
03-25-2004, 06:58 PM
Asiaoil

The old saying applies here:

- at the begining of a hot streak you lose some games you should be winning

- near the end of a hot streak you win some games you don't deserve

I have a feeling the end of the Oilers current hot streak is very near - but hopefully the boys can gut it out for another week. Even if they don't make it I won't be too disappointed because I wrote them off for dead in early January. This playoff charge has shown some real character.

Old
03-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Matts

I am afraid I agree with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
The old saying applies here:

- at the begining of a hot streak you lose some games you should be winning

- near the end of a hot streak you win some games you don't deserve

I have a feeling the end of the Oilers current hot streak is very near - but hopefully the boys can gut it out for another week. Even if they don't make it I won't be too disappointed because I wrote them off for dead in early January. This playoff charge has shown some real character.
and I said that after the win in LA. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't win another game

Closed Thread